JIPMER MBBS 2014 Eligibility
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO MBBS COURSE AT JIPMER:
- Nationality: The Applicant should be an Indian National.
- Age Limit: He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2014, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-1998. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants).
- Educational Qualification: The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%. (Annexure – I lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER)
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI and Foreign Nationals who are nominated by Govt. of India for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2014 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria (1) (2) and (3) are satisfied.
APPLICATIONS SHALL BE REJECTED IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
- Candidates who fail to fulfill the age criterion.
- Candidates who fail to obtain the minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or + 2).
- Candidates who have applied under SC/ST Categories shall not be considered under UR Category if they fail to produce valid SC/ST Category Certificate at the time of counseling, since they have availed concessional fees. Even if Candidates pay the balance amount, the application shall not be considered.
- Non submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority.