JIPMER PG Counseling 2017 will be done on the basis of MD / MS Entrance Exam 2017 conducted by JIPMER, Puducherry. Proportional allocation of seats and interval fixing at the time of JIPMER PG counseling 2017 is based on Model Roster of Reservation and share of entitlement. Representation of each of the reserved category shall at no point of time exceed the reservation prescribed for it. Candidates who have qualified as per result of JIPMER PG entrance exam 2017 shall attend counseling.
|First Counseling||21 Dec 2016|
|Second counseling||19 Jan 2017|
|Third and Open counseling||30 Jan 2017|
For list of candidates called for 2nd counselling, click here.
Notified on 27 Dec 2017: – Provisionally shortlisted candidates in various disciplines at the end of First round of counselling held on 21 Dec 2016, have to report on 30 Dec 2016 (09.30 AM) in Room No. 200, 1st Floor, JIPMER Women & Children Hospital for Medical Examination.
After Medical Examination the candidates should submit the Medical Examination Report along with the following duly filled documents (format available in JIPMER Website) to the Academic Section, 3rd Floor, JIPMER Academic Center for further processing of their Admission Order.
- Agreement for Junior Residents: Format to be downloaded, typed in Non – Judicial Stamped paper of value Rs.10/- and duly executed by the Candidate.
- Undertaking: Format to be downloaded in green bond paper, hand written and signed by the Candidate.
- Bio-data of the Postgraduate student: Format to be downloaded, hand written and signed by the Candidate.
- Bio-data-l (for service Book): Format to be downloaded, hand written and signed by the Candidate.
Failure to report on 30 Dec 2016 with the mentioned documents will be deemed that the candidate is not interested to join the course and the allotted seat will stand automatically cancelled. Request for extension of joining time will not be considered under any circumstances.
For list of candidates called for counselling, click here.
Allotment, for M.D. / M.S. seats announced for this January 2017 session through JIPMER competitive Entrance Examination, will be done during first counseling scheduled on the forenoon and afternoon of 21 Dec 2016. The candidates will be called in batches for counseling as per the Reservation Roster Point .
Adequate number of Candidates shall be called from eligible candidates from all the categories so that Roster Point is not blocked for lack of attendance. Counseling will be done according to the category rank (UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH) and not by the overall rank as per the Roster Point allocation method. Production of all original certificates as per list vide prospectus is mandatory. Candidates WITHOUT original certificates shall NOT be entertained to participate in counseling.
On the day of counseling, please report at least 30 minutes before closing time of registration.
- The candidates will be registered only on production of the all original certificates (vide page 25 of prospectus), Rank letter and the Hall Ticket downloaded by the candidate for the Entrance Examination held on 11 Dec 2016.
- Candidates are required to report to one of the two Registration Terminals equipped with a Biometric Finger Print scanning device with the downloaded hall ticket and rank letter for counseling.
- Biometric imprint of the candidates would be captured for candidates appearing for the counseling process and the same will be authenticated against pre-existing candidate’s data.
- A red flag would be raised upon a mismatch and his / her admission for counseling will be withheld / cancelled immediately. Suitable legal action will be initiated forthwith.
- No authorized representative will be permitted for counseling on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates are instructed to comply with all the instructions in the prospectus prior to and after counseling.
They are required to attend the counseling at JIPMER as indicated in the merit list displayed in JIPMER notice board and website. A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission. Candidates appearing for allotment should submit the documents (vide page No. 25) in original along with an attested copy of the documents for registration to counseling.
Eligibility for subsequent counseling
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- Second counseling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus. The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate’s resigning (or) not opting for the discipline, will be available for the final open selection counseling to be held in the last week of January 2017. All candidates who are eligible for inclusion in the merit list can attend this final counseling irrespective of their previous attendance
JIPMER PG Counseling Process
Counseling Process shall be through Roster Point
- Production of Hall Ticket (Original) downloaded by the candidate for Entrance Examination along with Biometric authentication on the day of counseling is mandatory for being permitted to the counseling hall.
- Provisional certificate of MBBS Degree is permissible for those candidates who had passed the MBBS course in the year 2016 only.
- No TA / DA will be paid to any category of candidate called for counseling. All candidates should attend counseling at their own expense. They should make their own arrangements for stay at Puducherry.
- The selection for the seats under various categories will be held on 21 Dec 2016 by Roster system.
- Option once exercised is final and the course fee of INR 14,310/- (Fourteen Thousand Three Hundred and Ten Only) has to be paid at the time of leaving the counseling hall and Receipt taken. This receipt should be produced at the time of collecting the admission order. If candidate is withdrawing his/her option before issue of the admission order, sum paid will not be refunded, unless he/she is found medically disqualified.
- The candidate has to attend in person for counseling. No proxy / representative is permitted under any circumstances into the counseling hall.
- Dates for subsequent counseling for any seat(s) falling vacant will be intimated in JIPMER website. No individual communication will be sent.