JIPMER PG Counselling 2016 is done on the basis of MD / MS Entrance Exam 2016 conducted by JIPMER, Puducherry. Proportional allocation of seats and interval fixing at the time of JIPMER PG counseling 2016 is based on Model Roster of Reservation and share of entitlement. Representation of each of the reserved category shall at no point of time exceed the reservation prescribed for it. Candidates who have qualified as per result of JIPMER PG entrance exam 2016 shall attend counselling.
JIPMER PG Counselling
Results of JIPMER MD/MS Entrance Examination conducted on 15th May 2016 for admission to MD/MS Courses at JIPMER is hereby notified. Ranked merit list of candidates under each category eligible for first counseling is as given below:
- Click Here to check Setas available for Counselling.
Venue:- JIPMER Auditorium, JIPMER Campus, (7th Gate Temple Street)
- Sanctioned seats available for Admission to July 2016 session at JIPMER is appended for ready reference (Appendix-I).
- Roster Point allocation will be followed for the counseling(s) (Ref: Prospectus page 32)
- Individual Rank letter can be downloaded from www.jipmer.edu.in from 30-05- 2016 (Monday) 11.00 AM onwards.
- No individual communication will be sent to any of the candidates.
- The candidates are required to check the JIPMER Website for relevant and updated instructions on counseling periodically.
Adequate number of Candidates shall be called from eligible candidates from all the categories. Counseling will be done according to the category rank (UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH) and not by the overall rank as per the Roster Point allocation method. Production of all original certificates as per list vide prospectus is mandatory.
On the day of counseling, please report 90 minutes before start of counseling to registration desk.
- The candidates will be registered only on production of the all original certificates, Rank letter and the Hall Ticket downloaded by the candidate for the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates are required to report to one of the two Registration Terminals equipped with a Biometric Finger Print scanning device with the downloaded hall ticket and rank letter for counseling.
- Biometric imprint of the candidates would be captured for candidates appearing for the counseling process and the same will be authenticated against pre-existing candidate’s data.
- A red flag would be raised upon a mismatch and his / her admission for counseling will be withheld / cancelled immediately. Suitable legal action will be initiated forthwith.
- No authorized representative will be permitted for counseling on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates are instructed to comply with all the instructions in the prospectus prior to and after counseling.
They are required to attend the counseling at JIPMER as indicated in the merit list displayed in JIPMER notice board and website. A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling has forfeit his / her chance for admission. Candidates appearing for allotment should submit the documents in original along with an attested copy of the documents for registration to counseling.
JIPMER PG Counselling Schedule
|First Counseling||15 June 2016|
|Second counseling||15 Jul 2016|
|Third and Open counseling||28 Jul 2016|
JIPMER PG Counselling Process
Counseling Process shall be through Roster Point
- Production of Hall Ticket (Original) downloaded by the candidate for Entrance Examination along with Biometric authentication on the day of counseling is mandatory for being permitted to the counseling hall.
- Provisional certificate of MBBS Degree is permissible for those candidates who had passed the MBBS course in the year 2015 only.
- No TA / DA will be paid to any category of candidate called for counseling. All candidates should attend counseling at their own expense. They should make their own arrangements for stay at Puducherry.
- The selection for the seats under various categories was held on 16th December 2015 by Roster system.
- Option once exercised is final.
- The candidate has to attend in person for counseling. No proxy / representative is permitted under any circumstances into the counseling hall.
- Dates for Subsequent counseling for any Seat(s) falling vacant will be intimated in JIPMER website. No individual communication will be sent.
Eligibility for subsequent counseling
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- Second counseling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus. The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate’s resigning (or) not opting for the discipline, will be available for the final open selection counseling. All candidates who are eligible for inclusion in the merit list can attend this final counseling irrespective of their previous attendance.