JKCET 2015 is the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test. The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JAKBOPEE) is the exam conducting body for JKCET 2015. For admission to under graduate courses in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, the JKCET 2015 entrance exam shall be conducted as per dates notified by JAKBOPEE. Engineering and medical aspirants can get here detailed information of JKCET 2015 for admission in academic session 2015-2016.
About JKCET 2015 – JKCET is the common entrance exam. JAKBOPEE is conducting JKCET 2015 for engineering and medical under graduate courses in J&K. This exam shall be the single gateway for admission to professional courses including MBBS, BDS, BE, BUMS, BAMS and BPT.
The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JAKBOPEE) has published the official notification for JKCET 2015.
|Important event related to JKCET||Dates|
|Online application form of JKCET 2015 available||February 17, 2015|
|Last date for filing JKCET application form 2015||March 11, 2015|
|Last date for reserved category candidates to submit form by hand or post||March 11, 2015|
|Last date for reserved category candidates to submit form with late fee||March 13, 2015|
|Check application status on official website of BOPEE||March 19, 2015|
|JKCET 2015 admit card available for download||Date yet to be announced|
|Date of exam||May 30 and 31, 2015|
|Display of answer keys||In the evening at about 6 PM on conclusion of last meeting of the test|
|Declaration of JKCET result 2015||Date yet to be announced|
JKCET Quick Links
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Information Brochure
- Answer Keys
- Result – PCB | PCM
- Previous Year Question Papers
JKCET 2015 Examination Pattern
The board has published the detailed syllabus of examination. The JKCET exam pattern as described in the syllabus, is explained below.
The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test will contain two question papers.
- Paper A is of Physics, and Chemistry of 120 marks.
- Paper B is of Mathematics, or Biology of 60 marks.
CET shall consist of two (2) papers each of PCB and PCM groups. Paper A shall consist of Physics and Chemistry with 120 questions ( 60 questions from each subject). Paper B shall be Biology with 60 questions and paper C shall be Mathematics with 60 questions. The questions shall be multiple choice objective type with one mark each. There will be 0.25 negative marks for each wrong answer.
It is hereby notified for information of all the eligible candidates who wish to apply for the Common Entrance Test 2015 for admission to various professional courses in Government and Private Professional Institutions of the State that they should take note of the information published in the official prospectus and should strictly follow instructions given.
Official Notification of JKCET 2015
JAKBOPEE has announced the notification regarding JnK CET exam. Key points mentioned in the notification are as follows.
- Candidates of Jammu and Kashmit are notified about the JKCET entrance exam to be conducted by JAKBOPEE on 30th and 31st (Saturday and Sunday) May, 2015 The Entrance Test shall have only two meetings each for PCB and PCM and three meetings for PCBM candidates..
- JKCET applications forms on prescribed form are invited from the eligible candidates to appear in the JKCET 2015 for admission to various professional courses.
- The Common Entrance Test (CET) -2015 is being conducted for the purpose of determining merit of the students for admission to various professional undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS, BE, BUMS, BAMS and BPT progrmmmes. etc. in the Government run and privately managed institutions of the J&K State.
Download official notification of JKCET 2015 – To read the detailed notification, click here to download the official notification of JKCET 2015.
JKCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for CET must fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
- Candidate must be permanent residents of J&K State as defined in Section 6 of the Constitution of J&K.
- Candidate must have passed Hr. Sec. Part II (12th / 10+2) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board/University.
- Minimum marks that must have been obtained is 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination in case of open merit category and 40% in aggregate for reserved categories.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their elective subjects in case of admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses .
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as elective subjects for admission to MBBS, BDS, Physiotherapy, BAMS/ BUMS etc.
- The candidates appearing / appeared in 10+2 (12th class) Annual Examination can also apply to appear in JKCET 2015. However, such candidates have to produce their original marks cards at the time of counselling, if they figure in the list of the candidates called for counselling. If a candidate has been called for counselling but has failed to secure required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination, he/she shall not be considered for admission.
- Please note that the candidates applying under TFW or P&B category are open merit candidates. They must full eligibility conditions meant for open merit candidates.
Age Limit – The candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before December 31, 2015 if he/she applies to appear in CET- 2015 for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BUMS Courses. For removal of any doubt, a candidate born on or after 2nd January, 1999 is not eligible to appear in CET.
This page is being updated as per news and notification regarding JKCET 2015. Stay tuned to know more about the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test.
If you have any queries regarding JKCET 2015, please ask in comments below.