JKCET 2015 is the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test. The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JAKBOPEE) is the exam conducting body for JKCET 2015. For admission to under graduate courses in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, the JKCET 2015 entrance exam shall be conducted as per dates notified by JAKBOPEE. Engineering and medical aspirants can get here detailed information of JKCET 2015 for admission in academic session 2015-2016. JKCET is the common entrance exam. JAKBOPEE is conducting JKCET 2015 for engineering and medical under graduate courses in J&K. This exam shall be the single gateway for admission to professional courses including MBBS, BDS, BE, BUMS, BAMS and BPT.
Latest Update – PCM (Engineering) Counselling to be held from 6th July, 2015
The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JAKBOPEE) has published the official notification for JKCET 2015.
|Important event related to JKCET||Dates|
|Online application form of JKCET 2015 available||February 17, 2015|
|Last date for filing JKCET application form 2015||March 11, 2015|
|Last date for reserved category candidates to submit form by hand or post||March 11, 2015|
|Last date for reserved category candidates to submit form with late fee||March 13, 2015|
|Check application status on official website of BOPEE||March 19, 2015|
|Date of exam||May 30 and 31, 2015|
|Display of answer keys||In the evening at about 6 PM|
|Declaration of JKCET result 2015||Jun 20, 2015|
JKCET Quick Links
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Information Brochure
- Answer Keys
- Result – PCB | PCM
- Previous Year Question Papers
JKCET 2015 Counselling Procedure
All the candidates called for counselling must be present personally in the counselling or through an authorized representative who must have an Authority Letter on the prescribed format given in the E-Brochure. The candidates have to produce, at the time of counselling, (i) their Online Admit Card downloaded by them from the BOPEE website; Original (ii) Marks card of qualifying examination (iii) Permanent Resident Certificate (iv) Date of Birth Certificate (v) Character Certificate, and (vi) Reserved Category Certificate , if any, and a set of attested copies of these certificates.
The candidates have to pay non-refundable counselling fee of Rs 1000/= (one thousand only) through the Point of Sale (POS) machine installed in the J&K BOPEE office, Srinagar by using their ATM Card/Debit Card/Credit Card.
The candidates must weigh their chances of selection before proceeding for attending counselling. For relevant and updated information, candidates must visit the BOPEE’s website before and during the entire counselling period.
Revised Schedule (Engineering Course):-
Schedule (Medical Course) :-
In continuation to the official Notification No. 45-BOPEE dated 22-06-2015 and Notification No. 44-BOPEE dated 20-06-2015. The Schedule for First Round of Counselling has been extended as given below:
- Venue – BOPEE Office 4 th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu
- Registration time for counselling is from 9:00 A.M to 10:30 A.M.
- The PCB candidates claiming benefit of Poor & Backward (P&B) category under category code 05 must possess original certificates issued by the respective Competent Authorities. The category candidates shall not be allowed to participate in the counselling for allotment of seat in the respective category without required original certificates.
- Counselling for admission to private (medical) colleges will be conducted subject to the approval/ affiliation granted to them by the Competent Regulating Bodies.
- The candidates seeking admission for BAMS Course must have secured atleast 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and the candidates seeking admissions to BUMS must have also passed 10th standard with Urdu or Arabic or Persian language as a subject
Detailed Information Regarding Counselling:-
- Allocation of MBBS seats from Central Pool for spouse and children of terrorist victims. (Updated As On 23.06.2015)
JKCET 2015 Examination Pattern
The board has published the detailed syllabus of examination. The JKCET exam pattern as described in the syllabus, is explained below.
The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test will contain two question papers.
- Paper A is of Physics, and Chemistry of 120 marks.
- Paper B is of Mathematics, or Biology of 60 marks.
CET shall consist of two (2) papers each of PCB and PCM groups. Paper A shall consist of Physics and Chemistry with 120 questions ( 60 questions from each subject). Paper B shall be Biology with 60 questions and paper C shall be Mathematics with 60 questions. The questions shall be multiple choice objective type with one mark each. There will be 0.25 negative marks for each wrong answer.
It is hereby notified for information of all the eligible candidates who wish to apply for the Common Entrance Test 2015 for admission to various professional courses in Government and Private Professional Institutions of the State that they should take note of the information published in the official prospectus and should strictly follow instructions given.
Official Notification of JKCET 2015 (Updated 25 May 2015)
JAKBOPEE has announced the Important Instructions for CET-2015 Candidates. some important Key points mentioned in the notification are as follows.
- The candidates must necessarily bring their Admit Card at Test Centre along with Valid additional Photo Identity Proof which includes Identity Card of the school, Adhar Card, PAN Card , Election Card, Driving License, Passport etc.
- The candidates must make it absolutely sure that the entries made on the OMR Answer and Attendance Sheets are correct. Where a candidate has made any wrong entry of Roll No., Booklet No., or Booklet Series, he/she should report it to the invigilator / Superintendant or report it within three days after the conclusion of the Entrance Test to the BOPEE office, Jammu/Srinagar positively, failing which no complaint shall be entertained and the OMR Answer Sheet shall be evaluated strictly as per the entries made by the candidate.
- The candidates should darken only one response on the OMR Sheet. There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. Avoid double shading of ovals or putting of stray or faint marks on the response sheet. Even shading of one oval completely and another oval partly is considered a case of double shading which will make response wrong even if fully shaded oval is the correct option.
Download official notification of JKCET 2015 – To read the detailed notification, Click here to download the official notification of JKCET 2015.
Official Notification of JKCET 2015 (Updated 16 Feb 2015)
JAKBOPEE has announced the notification regarding JnK CET exam. Key points mentioned in the notification are as follows.
- Candidates of Jammu and Kashmit are notified about the JKCET entrance exam to be conducted by JAKBOPEE on 30th and 31st (Saturday and Sunday) May, 2015 The Entrance Test shall have only two meetings each for PCB and PCM and three meetings for PCBM candidates..
- JKCET applications forms on prescribed form are invited from the eligible candidates to appear in the JKCET 2015 for admission to various professional courses.
- The Common Entrance Test (CET) -2015 is being conducted for the purpose of determining merit of the students for admission to various professional undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS, BE, BUMS, BAMS and BPT progrmmmes. etc. in the Government run and privately managed institutions of the J&K State.
Download official notification of JKCET 2015 – To read the detailed notification, click here to download the official notification of JKCET 2015.
JKCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for CET must fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
- Candidate must be permanent residents of J&K State as defined in Section 6 of the Constitution of J&K.
- Candidate must have passed Hr. Sec. Part II (12th / 10+2) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board/University.
- Minimum marks that must have been obtained is 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination in case of open merit category and 40% in aggregate for reserved categories.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their elective subjects in case of admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses .
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as elective subjects for admission to MBBS, BDS, Physiotherapy, BAMS/ BUMS etc.
- The candidates appearing / appeared in 10+2 (12th class) Annual Examination can also apply to appear in JKCET 2015. However, such candidates have to produce their original marks cards at the time of counselling, if they figure in the list of the candidates called for counselling. If a candidate has been called for counselling but has failed to secure required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination, he/she shall not be considered for admission.
- Please note that the candidates applying under TFW or P&B category are open merit candidates. They must full eligibility conditions meant for open merit candidates.
Age Limit – The candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before December 31, 2015 if he/she applies to appear in CET- 2015 for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BUMS Courses. For removal of any doubt, a candidate born on or after 2nd January, 1999 is not eligible to appear in CET.
This page is being updated as per news and notification regarding JKCET 2015. Stay tuned to know more about the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test.
If you have any queries regarding JKCET 2015, please ask in comments below.