JKCET 2016 is the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test. The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JAKBOPEE) is the exam conducting body for JKCET 2016. For admission to under graduate courses in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, the JKCET 2016 entrance exam shall be conducted as per dates notified by JAKBOPEE. Engineering and medical aspirants can get here detailed information of JKCET 2016 for admission in academic session 2016-2017.
Latest – JKCET II 2016 Admit Card is available for downloading. Check the link below.
JKCET is the common entrance exam. JAKBOPEE is conducting JKCET 2016 for engineering and medical under graduate courses in J&K. This exam shall be the single gateway for admission to professional courses including MBBS, BDS, BE, BUMS, BAMS and BPT. After exam candidates can check JKCET Answer Key 2016 for all sets.
The Common Entrance Test (CET-II) -2016 is being conducted for the purpose of determining merit of the students for admission to various professional undergraduate courses of MBBS and BDS only.
|Important Events||JKCET I||JKCET II|
|Online application form of JKCET 2016 available||22 Jan 2016||07 Jun 2016|
|Last date for filing JKCET application form 2016||27 Feb 2016||20 Jun 2016|
|Date of exam||14 May 2016 & 15 May 2016||31 Jul 2016|
|Display of answer keys||15 May 2016||31 Jul 2016|
|Declaration of JKCET result 2016||–||–|
JKCET II 2016
The Second Common Entrance Test (CET) 2016 is being conducted for the purpose of determining merit of the students for admission to MBBS / BDS in the institutions of the J&K State.
JKCET Quick Links
JKCET II 2016 Application Form
Online Applications was issued from the candidates interested in appearing in the second Common Entrance Test (CET) 2016 for admission to MBBS / BDS. The candidates interested in appearing in the CET II are required to go through E-Information Brochure carefully and acquaint themselves with all the requirements; satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions; and submit online Application Form within the prescribed date. The candidates who had applied for Common Entrance Test held on May 14th and 15th (here-in-after referred to as CET-I) and those who did not apply are eligible to apply afresh.
JKCET II Eligibility Criteria
To be eligibile for JKCET II 2016 the Applicant must:
- be a permanent resident of J&K State as defined in section 6 of the Constitution of J&K;
- have passed higher secondary Part-II (12th/10+2 class) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board with at least English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as his/her subjects and
- have obtained at 10+2 level not less than 50% marks in case of open merit candidate and not less than 40% marks in case of ST, SC and OBC candidates.
Result awaited candidates are not eligible to apply.
Age Limit: The candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before 31st of December, 2016.
JKCET II 2016 Admit Card
The JKCET Admit Card is available online for downloading. The admit card indicates Time, Venue and Schedule of the Entrance Test. The candidate has to affix his / her photograph on the admit card as appropriate place and get it attested by the Gazetted Officer. A candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Entrance Test without the Admit Card with his attested photograph.
JKCET II 2016 Answer Key
The JKCET Answer Key will be displayed on the BOPEE’S website in the evening on conclusion of last meeting of the test and will remain there for three days and thereafter will be removed. The candidates who have any complaint against an answer of a question in the Question Paper are free to make written representation.
JKCET 2016 Examination Pattern
The board has published the detailed syllabus of examination. The JKCET exam pattern as described in the syllabus, is explained below.
The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test will contain two question papers.
- Paper A is of Physics, and Chemistry of 120 marks.
- Paper B is of Mathematics, or Biology of 60 marks.
CET shall consist of two (2) papers each of PCB and PCM groups. Paper A shall consist of Physics and Chemistry with 120 questions ( 60 questions from each subject). Paper B shall be Biology with 60 questions and paper C shall be Mathematics with 60 questions. The questions shall be multiple choice objective type with one mark each. There will be 0.25 negative marks for each wrong answer.
JKCET I 2016
The Common Entrance Test (CET) 2016 is being conducted for the purpose of determining merit of the students for admission to various professional undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS, BE, BUMS, BAMS and BPT programmes etc. in the Government run and privately managed institutions of the J&K State.
JKCET Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for CET must fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
- Candidate must be permanent residents of J&K State as defined in Section 6 of the Constitution of J&K.
- Candidate must have have passed Hr. Sec. Part II (12th / 10+2) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board/University.
- Minimum marks that must have been obtained is 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination in case of open merit category and 40% in aggregate for reserved categories.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their elective subjects in case of admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses .
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as elective subjects for admission to MBBS, BDS, Physiotherapy, BAMS/ BUMS etc.
- The candidates appearing / appeared in 10+2 (12th class) Annual Examination can also apply to appear in JKCET 2016.
- Please note that the candidates applying under TFW or P&B category are open merit candidates. They must full eligibility conditions meant for open merit candidates.
Age Limit – The candidates must be at least 17 years old on or before December 31, 2016 if he/she applies to appear in CET 2016 for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BUMS Courses.
JKCET Fee Structure
The fee structure has been furnished by the respective College authorities and the BOPEE is not in any way associated with it and has, therefore, no responsibility, if the fee is raised subsequently. The candidates are advised to enquire, in their own interest, the actual fee to be charged, from the College authorities.
The candidates seeking admission in BAMS in Jammu Institute of Ayurveda and Research, are required to deposit refundable security amount of Rs. 10,000.00 only once for the full training course at the time of admission.
The Electronic Information Brochure has been prepared to provide information to the candidates of the CET, right from the issuance of admission notification upto final selection for admission to various professional courses. The most crucial step is the filling up of the Application Form which the candidates must do very meticulously.
- Click Here to view / download JKCET I Information Brochure 2016
- Click Here to view /download JKCET II Information Brochure 2016
The selections are recommended according to the choice for courses and the Colleges/Institutions indicated by the applicant in his/her Counselling Form in order of merit secured in the CET. The candidates should, therefore, carefully go through the E-Information Brochure before filling their online Application Form. Any error at the initial stage may not get rectified later on and this may prove very costly to a promising student