JMI EEE 2015
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology at Jamia Millia Islamia University shall conduct the JMI EEE for B.Tech Admission.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers four year (8 Semesters) Under-graduate programmes leading to the degree of B. Tech. in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, and Computer Engineering.
|Last date for Online form submission||1 May, 2015|
|Entrance Test||13 June, 2015 from 10 AM to 1 PM postponed to 27 June 2015|
|List of Selected / Waitlisted Candidates||30 June, 2015|
|Commencemnet of Admission formalities||10 July, 2015|
Details of JMI Engineering Entrance Exam has been announced by the Jamia Millia Islamia University. Get here complete information of Jamia Millia Islamia University Admission for engineering as per this year’s brochure. These details can be referred to geFirst t an idea of how admission is done for engineering in Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi.
JMI EEE Selection List
Selected Candidates List – Second
List of candidates provisionally selected from registered waiting list has been declared for admission in B.Tech which is strictly on the basis of merit under respective categories among the waitlisted candidates. Candidates can check the list from the link given below.
- Click here to check list of candidates provisionally selected from registered waiting list.
Selected Candidates List – First
Result of provisionally selected candidates for admission in B14- B.Tech (Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Mechanical Engineering) which is strictly on the basis of merit under respective categories among the waitlisted candidates. Candidates can also check result of (already admitted) candidates, whose branches are transferred in B.Tech course, which is also on the basis of merit, availability of seats under respective categories and choices submitted by the candidates during the registration held on 24-25 Aug 2015.
- Click here to check list of branch transfer and selected candidates.
JMI EEE Waiting List
The second waiting list of admission in B.Tech 2015-16 has been released. Candidates whose Roll No’s are appeared in the second list and interested in admission to B.Tech. course are required to report themselves at the Dean’s Office, Faculty of Engineering & Technology – JMI, on 31st Aug 2015 between 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. for registration.
The candidature of such candidates, who do not register on the date and time duration mentioned above, shall not be considered at any later stage. The list of the provisionally selected candidates is likely to be displayed on 2nd Sept 2015.
- Click here to check second waiting list of candidates.
JMI EEE Counselling
A counselling session for admission to B.Tech. Program of the Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jamia Millia lslamia, has been withdrawn. All the selected and waitlisted candidates whose Roll Nos. appeared in the list declared on July 12, 2015 and are still interested in admission to B.Tech. program (except those who have already been offered their first preference of branch) are required to report themselves at the Dean’s Office, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, on 24.08.2015 or 25.08.2015 between 09.00 AM and 05:30 PM for registration along with their all original documents.
The candidature of such candidates who do not register between 09.00 AM and 05:30 PM on August 24, 2015 or August 25, 2015 shall not be considered at any later stage. The admission shall be offered strictly as per merit and the availability of Branch under the respective Category.
Number of Seats
The total number of seats in B. Tech programmes are given below
|Names of the Programmes||No. of Seats|
|B. Tech. (Civil Engineering)||70|
|B. Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||70|
|B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||70|
|B. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||70|
|B. Tech. (Computer Engineering)||70|
JMI EEE Eligibility Criteria
- Sr. Sec. School Certificate (10+2) / Intermediate or its equivalent of a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects, with not less than 55% marks in PCM. OR
- Diploma in Engineering recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of 3 or 4 year duration with not less than 55% marks.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years on 1st October of the year of admission.
About JMI EEE – Jamia Millia Islamia Engineering Entrance Exam
Candidates may please note that the details of entrance test has been separately published (apart from information brochure 2015-2016) to explain about the exam pattern or test centers. Given below this line are details of JMIEEE as per the same for reference.
The admission to these programmes will be made on the basis of merit determined by an Entrance Test.
- The duration of exam is of 3 hours.
- There shall be one paper containing three sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- All questions will be of objective type.
- The total marks of the exam is 170.
- Physics – 55, Chemistry – 55 and Maths 60 marks. (division of marks is not mentioned officially, but is referred from some past year papers).
- The medium of Entrance Test will be English.
Criteria for Tie-breaking: If two or more number of candidates secure equal marks in the entrance test (tie), then the following criteria was used in the previous years to determine their rank in the merit list:
- Marks secured in Maths section of Entrance test.
- Marks secured in Physics section of Entrance Test
- Percentage of PCM marks in XIIth Class
- Percentage of Aggregate marks in XIIth Class.
JMI EEE Entrance Test Centres for B. Tech. Programme
The Entrance Test for admission to B. Tech. programme of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology will be held at various centres located in Delhi/NCR and Guwahati (Assam).
JMI EEE Exam Pattern
|Test Component||Test Duration||Max. Marks|
|Objective / Multiple Choice question||180 Minutes||170|
JMI EEE Syllabus
Syllabus of the entrance exam is as follows.