JMI EEE 2015
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology at Jamia Millia Islamia University shall conduct the JMI EEE for B.Tech Admission.
JMI EEE Exam Date: 13 June, 2015 postponed to 27 June 2015.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers four year (8 Semesters) Under-graduate programmes leading to the degree of B. Tech. in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, and Computer Engineering.
- Last date for online form submission: 1 May, 2015.
- Date and Time of Entrance Test: 13 June, 2015 from 10 AM to 1 PM postponed to 27 June 2015.
- Display of List of Selected/ Waitlisted Candidates: 30 June, 2015.
- Commencemnet of Admission formalities: 10 July, 2015.
Details of JMI Engineering Entrance Exam has been announced by the Jamia Millia Islamia University. Get here complete information of Jamia Millia Islamia University Admission for engineering as per this year’s brochure. These details can be referred to get an idea of how admission is done for engineering in Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi.
Number of Seats
The total number of seats in B. Tech programmes are given below
|SNo.||Names of the Programmes||No. of Seats|
|1.||B. Tech. (Civil Engineering)||70|
|2.||B. Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||70|
|3.||B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||70|
|4.||B. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||70|
|5.||B. Tech. (Computer Engineering)||70|
JMI EEE Eligibility Criteria
- Sr. Sec. School Certificate (10+2) / Intermediate or its equivalent of a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects, with not less than 55% marks in PCM. OR
- Diploma in Engineering recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of 3 or 4 year duration with not less than 55% marks.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years on 1st October of the year of admission.
About JMI EEE – Jamia Millia Islamia Engineering Entrance Exam
Candidates may please note that the details of entrance test has been separately published (apart from information brochure 2015-2016) to explain about the exam pattern or test centers. Given below this line are details of JMIEEE as per the same for reference.
The admission to these programmes will be made on the basis of merit determined by an Entrance Test.
- The duration of exam is of 3 hours.
- There shall be one paper containing three sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- All questions will be of objective type.
- The total marks of the exam is 170.
- Physics – 55, Chemistry – 55 and Maths 60 marks. (division of marks is not mentioned officially, but is referred from some past year papers).
- The medium of Entrance Test will be English.
Criteria for Tie-breaking: If two or more number of candidates secure equal marks in the entrance test (tie), then the following criteria was used in the previous years to determine their rank in the merit list:
- Marks secured in Maths section of Entrance test.
- Marks secured in Physics section of Entrance Test
- Percentage of PCM marks in XIIth Class
- Percentage of Aggregate marks in XIIth Class.
JMI EEE Entrance Test Centres for B. Tech. Programme
The Entrance Test for admission to B. Tech. programme of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology will be held at various centres located in Delhi/NCR and Guwahati (Assam).
JMI EEE Exam Pattern
|Test Component||Test Duration||Max. Marks|
|Objective / Multiple Choice question||180 Minutes||170|
JMI EEE Syllabus
Syllabus of the entrance exam is as follows.