JMI EEE 2014
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology at Jamia Millia Islamia University shall conduct the JMI EEE 2014 for B.Tech Admission 2014-2015.
JMI EEE 2014 Exam Date: 14 June 2014. 10 AM to 1 PM.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers four year (8 Semesters) Under-graduate programmes leading to the degree of B. Tech. in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, and Computer Engineering.
JMI EEE 2014 Result announced – Check your result here.
- Last date for online form submission: 21-04-2014 (Monday)
- Last date for OMR form submission: 30-04-2014 (Wednesday)
- Date and Time of Entrance Test: 14-06-2014 Saturday 10:00 – 01:00 pm.
- Display of List of Selected/ Waitlisted Candidates: 24-06-2014 Tuesday
- Commencemnet of Admission formalities: 07-07-2014 Monday
Number of Seats
The total number of seats in B. Tech programmes are given below:
|SNo.||Names of the Programmes||No. of Seats|
|1.||B. Tech. (Civil Engineering)||70|
|2.||B. Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||70|
|3.||B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||70|
|4.||B. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||70|
|5.||B. Tech. (Computer Engineering)||70|
JMI EEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- Sr. Sec. School Certificate (10+2) / Intermediate or its equivalent of a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects, with not less than 55% marks in PCM. OR
- Diploma Engineering degree recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3/4 year duration with not less than 55% marks.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years on 1st October of the year of admission.
JMI EEE 2014 Application Form – Please apply online at JMI Application Forms 2014 page.
About JMI EEE 2014 – Jamia Millia Islamia Engineering Entrance Exam
The admission to these programmes will be made on the basis of merit determined by an Entrance Test.
- The duration of exam is of 3 hours.
- There shall be one paper containing three sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- All questions will be of objective type.
- The total marks of the exam is 170.
- Physics – 55, Chemistry – 55 and Maths 60 marks.
- The medium of Entrance Test will be English.
Criteria for Tie-breaking: If two or more number of candidates secure equal marks in the entrance test (tie), then the following criteria shall be followed to determine their rank in the merit list:
- Marks secured in Maths section of Entrance test.
- Marks secured in Physics section of Entrance Test
- Percentage of PCM marks in XIIth Class
- Percentage of Aggregate marks in XIIth Class.
JMI EEE 2014 Entrance Test Centres for B. Tech. Programme
The Entrance Test for admission to B. Tech. programme of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology will be held at various centres located in Delhi/NCR and Guwahati (Assam).
JMI EEE 2014 Syllabus
Distance and displacement, Scalar and Vector quantities, addition and subtraction of Vectors, resolution of Vector. Speed and velocity, uniform and non-uniform motion, circular motion, mass and weight; momentum, impulse, laws of motion, conservation of momentum; work, power and energy, conservation of energy. Characteristics of sound waves, longitudinal and transverse waves, v =n relation. Spherial mirror, mirror formulae, laws of reflection and refraction, refraction through a glass slab and prism, total internal reflection, dispersion of light. Lens formulae, power of a lens. Microscope and Telescope.
Coulomb’s law, electric current, electric potential and potential difference; Ohm’s law. Law of resistance in series and parallel. Heating effect of current -electric energy, electric power. Chemical effect of current – electroplating and electrolysis. Magnetic effect of current-electric motor, generator- A.C. and D.C. Nuclear Fission and Fusion, chain reaction.
Atomic and molecular mass, mole concept, Avogadro’s Number, Avogadro’s law, ideal gas, gas laws, ideal gas equation, diffusion, STP. Fundamental particles, isotopes and isobars in an atom, cathode rays, Rutherford’s experiment, Postulates of Bohr’s theory, Electronic configuration of first twenty elements. Periodic classification of elements and gradation of properties (atomic size, ionization energies, electron affinities, electro-negativities and metallic character etc.) Electrovalent, covalent and co-ordinate bonds. Chemical equation. True solution, colloids and suspension. Strong and weak electrolytes. Acids, bases and salts. pH of a solution. Rate of the reaction and factors affecting the rate of the reaction. Oxidation and reduction.
Metallurgical process. Manufacture & chemical properties of Sodium Carbonate and Ammonia. Properties of halogens & alkali metals. Properties of sulphur compounds (H2S, H2SO4 and SO2). Allotropes of Sulphur, Phosphorus and Carbon. Hydrocarbons: saturated and unsaturated, homologous series, functional group. Combustion of hydrocarbons.
System of Linear equations in two variables and their solution by algebraic method. Application of linear equations in two variables in solving simple problems. Quadratic equations and their solutions by factorisation and quadratic formula. Applications of quadratic equations in solving simple problems. General terms of an A.P., sum to n-terms of an A.P. and simple problems. Instalment payment and instalment buying.
Surface area and volume of a cuboid, cube, cone and sphere. Theorems and problems based upon vertically opposite angles, congruence of triangles (SAS, ASA, SSS and RHS). Theorems and problems on similar triangles. Pythagorus theorem and problems based on it. Circle through three points, problems based upon equal chords, angle subtended at centre by an arc / chord of a circle, angle in semicircle and segments. Trigonometrical ratios of angles (Sin, Cos, & Tan for 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90). Simple height and distance problems. Collection and presentation of data, frequency distribution, mean of grouped data and bar chart. Co- ordinates of points, distance between two points, section formula and its application.