Karnataka PGET 2016 organized by Karnataka Examinations Authority. The Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore is conducting Online/Offline Counseling for allotment of seats for admission to Post Graduate Degree / Diploma Courses in Medical / Dental subjects in Government Medical and Dental colleges, Government Quota seats in Private and Minority Medical and Dental Colleges and Government Quota seats in Deemed Universities located in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2016-17 as per the Karnataka Conduct of Entrance Test for Selection and Admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental Degree and Diploma Courses Rules 2006 as amended from time to time and in July 2012,November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014.
Latest Update – The Mock Seat Allotment Result for PGET 2016 has been announced. Check the links below.
Karnataka PGET 2016
The Information Bulletin is for All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination 2016 (AIPGMEE 2016) & All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Examination 2016 (AIPGDEE 2016) for All India seats & State Government Quota seats has been published by the National Board of Examination & AIIMS respectively. This additional bulletin is in continuation for the State Government quota seats in medical colleges for verification of Documents and Online Seat Allotment.
Schedule of the Application Process (Last Opportunity) is as under:
Karnataka PGET 2016 Quick Links
Karnataka PGET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility of candidates for admission shall be regulated by Karnataka Conduct of Entrance Test for Selection and Admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental Degree and Diploma Courses Rules 2006 as amended from time to time and in July 2012, November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014.
The KEA is entrusted with document verification for determining the eligibility of the candidates as per the Rules and the allocation of seats as per the Online Allotment and Admission Procedure. The results of Medical & Dental published by National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi & AIIMS respectively will be taken into consideration for preparation of rank list after verification of original documents and allotment of seats to all eligible Non-In-Service candidates and In-Service candidates for the Karnataka State Quota PG Medical & Dental seats.
Candidates who obtain a minimum score in the PG Entrance Test conducted by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi as per category below shall be declared as “Qualified” in PGET-2016.
- >=50% in PGET for “General Merit” candidates
- >=40% in PGET for “Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe & OBC” candidates (Karnataka)
- >= 45% in PGET for Persons with Disability candidates with locomotor Disability of lower limbs between 40% to 70% (for Medical)
- Marks Secured in PGET (1st Order) – Descending
- In case two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination, their inter se merit will be determined according to age, older will get preference over younger. (2nd Order)
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET then Total No. of Attempts taken in UG (3rd Order) – Ascending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET & same Total No. of attempts taken in UG then % of total marks secured in UG (4th Order) – Descending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET, same Total No. of attempts taken in UG & same % of total marks in UG then % of final year marks secured in UG (5th Order)
The Karnataka Examinations Authority or the Entrance Test Committee may from time to time specify for submission such other additional documents and issue directions as deemed essential for all Candidates for maintaining absolute transparency and integrity in the Document Verification Process, Determination of Eligibility and Seat Allotment and Admission- through a notification on the website of KEA.
Eligibility for Online Seat Allotment
A candidate who fulfills the following criteria shall be eligible to appear for the online seat allotment process, namely:-
- He / She is a citizen of India
- He / She has studied and passed in the courses leading to the award of MBBS / BDS Degrees in colleges recognized by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India, Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India and located in Karnataka State; or
- Candidate must be of Karnataka origin who has studied MBBS/BDS degrees in colleges outside Karnataka recognized by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India and Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India.
- He/ She has completed or is completing ‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’ on or before 31st March 2016.
- A candidate, who is already holding a Post-Graduate degree in any specialty, shall not be eligible to appear for the online seat allotment counseling process for admission to any post Graduate Medical or Dental degree or Diploma Course.
- A candidate, who is already holding a Post-Graduate Diploma in any specialty, shall be eligible for post graduate degree course in the same speciality & shall not be eligible for any other post graduate degree or diploma courses.
- Must be less than 45 years of age for non service & 48 years for inservice as on 31st March 2016.
Provided that the requirements mentioned under clause (1.3) shall not be applicable in the case of,
- The children of serving or retired employees of All India Services, Karnataka cadre of the State Government who had served or are serving outside the State during the period the candidate had been studying from the first standard till the commencement of the first year of the course leading to the degree in the qualifying examination, to the extent of the period of such service outside the state.
- Children of Central Government employees and employees of Central or State Government undertakings or Joint Sector working continuously in Karnataka for at least three years as on 31st March 2016
- Children of Central Government employees and employees of Central or State Government undertakings or joint Sector undertakings working as on the 31st March 2016 outside the state, where such employee had;
- Declared to the respective Government organization a place in Karnataka as his / her home town; and
- Studied for not less than 5 years between the 1st& 10th standard or equivalent examination in any educational institution in Karnataka run or recognized by the state Government.
- The children of members of parliament elected from the Karnataka to the extent of period of being the member of parliament during the period of the child study in New Delhi. From the 1st standard to the qualifying examination during his tenure as Member of Parliament.
- The Children of serving Defence personnel or Ex-servicemen whose address at the time of joining the Defence Service is in Karnataka.
Note:(i) Children for the purpose of the rule means natural born son/daughter and not adopted son/daughter and not grandson/granddaughter (ii) The candidates claiming any of the exemption specified above shall produce such certificate as specified by the committee for claiming such exemption.
- The Karnataka Examinations Authority or the committee may from time to time specify for submission such other additional documents as deemed essential from all candidates through the application form or through a notification on their website.
Procedure for conduct of verification and allotment
The verification of documents and allotment of seats includes the following stages.
- Registration of Candidate.
- Verification of Documents & assignment of User ID and Secret Key.
- Interactive Session on options entry, Question and answers
- Entry of Options by Candidates
- Allotment of seats.
- Remittance of fees
- Submission of Original certificates and collection of admission orders.
- Admission / Report to the college.
Click here for FEE Structure of Kerala PGET.
For more details of Karnataka PGET 2016 – Download Information Brochure.