The Information Bulletin is for All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination 2017 (AIPGMEE 2017) & National Eligibility‐cum‐Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses’ for the academic session 2017‐2018 for All India seats & State Government Quota seats has been published by the National Board of Examination. This additional bulletin is in continuation for the state Government quota seats in Medical / Dental colleges for verification of Documents and Online Seat Allotment.
Karnataka PGET 2017
Schedule for the Karnataka Admission 2017 is given below.
|Date of commencement of Registration online||25 Feb 2017|
|Last date to Register online|
|Last date to pay the fees in the bank specified||03 Mar 2017|
- Application Form
- Merit List
- Seat Allotment Result
- Cut Off
- Information Brochure
Karnataka PGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate who fulfills the following criteria will be eligible to appear for the online seat allotment process, namely:‐
- He / She is a citizen of India
- He / She has studied and passed in the courses leading to the award of MBBS / BDS Degrees in colleges recognized by Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India, Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India and located in Karnataka State; or
- Candidate must be of Karnataka origin who has studied MBBS / BDS degrees in colleges outside Karnataka recognized by Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and Government of India and affiliated to any University established by law in India.
- Explanation;‐ Candidates of Karnataka Origin – means candidate or his / her parents (father or mother) has been a resident of Karnataka State for a period of not less than TEN years, and produces a certificate from the concerned Tahsildar to that effect.
- He / She has completed or is completing ‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’ on or before 31st March 2017.
- A candidate, who is already holding a Post‐Graduate degree in any specialty, shall not be eligible to appear for the online seat allotment counseling process for admission to any post Graduate Medical or Dental degree or Diploma Course.
- A candidate, who is already holding a Post‐Graduate Diploma in any specialty, shall be eligible for post graduate degree course in the same Specialty & shall not be eligible for any other post graduate degree or diploma courses.
- Must be less than 45 years of age for non service & 48 years for in‐service as on 31st March 2017. Provided that the requirements mentioned under clause (1.3) shall not be applicable in the case of,
- The children of serving or retired employees of All India Services, Karnataka cadre of the State Government who had served or are serving outside the State during the period the candidate had been studying from the first standard till the commencement of the first year of the course leading to the degree in the qualifying examination, to the extent of the period of such service outside the state
- Children of Central Government employees and employees of Central or State Government undertakings or Joint Sector working continuously in Karnataka for at least three years as on 31st March 2017.
- Children of Central Government employees and employees of Central or State Government undertakings or joint Sector undertakings working as on the 31st March 2017 outside the state, where such employee had;
- Declared to the respective Government organization a place in Karnataka as his / her home town; and
- Studied for not less than 5 years between the 1st& 10th standard or equivalent examination in any educational institution in Karnataka run or recognized by the state Government.
- The children of Members of Parliament elected from the Karnataka to the extent of period of being the Member of Parliament during the period of the child study in New Delhi. From the 1st standard to the qualifying examination during his tenure as Member of Parliament.
- The Children of serving Defence personnel or Ex‐servicemen whose address at the time of joining the Defence Service is in Karnataka.
- Children for the purpose of the rule means natural born son/daughter and not adopted son/daughter and not grandson/granddaughter
- The candidates claiming any of the exemption specified above shall produce such certificate as specified by the committee for claiming such exemption.
The Karnataka Examinations Authority or the committee may from time to time specify for submission such other additional documents as deemed essential from all candidates through the application form or through a notification on their website.
Eligibility for In‐Service Candidates
The in‐service doctors have to fulfill the following conditions stipulated under Rule 10 of Karnataka conduct of Entrance Test for admission to Post‐Graduate Medical Degree and Diploma Courses Rules 2006 as amended from time to time. It is mandatory for the In‐ Service Candidates to appear for the entrance test. As per G.O. No. HFW.334.RGU.2012 dated 22.12.2012 ESIC Doctors working in Karnataka are considered as In‐service Doctors and their seat allocation will be done under the quota of Boards & Corporations. The Head of the Departments should forward the applications of only such candidates who fulfill all the criteria mentioned in the application form. Advance copies from candidates will not be entertained.
Procedure for conduct of verification and allotment
Candidates have to first visit KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in for registering themselves and to enter the details online. After completion of the entry download the challan and pay the prescribed fees, i.e., Rs.1,000/‐ (Rs.500/‐ for SC/ST and Cat‐I of Karnataka). Filled registration form and copy of the challan should be compulsorily submitted along with the other documents at the time of verification.
The verification of documents and allotment of seats includes the following stages.
- Registration of Candidate.
- Verification of Documents & assignment of User ID and Secret Key.
- Interactive Session on options entry, Question and answers
- Entry of Options by Candidates
- Allotment of seats.
- Downloading of seat allotment Details.
- Remittance of fees and collection of admission orders.
- Admission / Report to the college.
Venue for verification: Karnataka Examinations Authority, Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560 012.
For more details of Karnataka PGET 2017 – Download Information Brochure.