Karnataka Diploma CET 2014 Important Instructions
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS RELATED TO DIPLOMA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST ‐ 2014 AND SEAT ALLOTMENT PROCESS.
PRECEDING TO ENTRANCE TEST
- The information / particulars furnished by the candidates in their ‘Diploma CET‐2014’ online application form are FINAL for admissions to B.E/B. Arch courses for the year 2014‐15.
- The candidates are advised to apply Online only, if they have the requisite percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. (i.e., should have obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate marks taken together in all the subjects of the final year (Fifth and Sixth Semester) of the Diploma examination. In case of candidates belonging to SC, ST and Backward Classes a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in all the subjects of the final year (Fifth and Sixth Semester) of the Diploma examination).
- Before claiming eligibility for Government seats, make sure that you satisfy any one of the eligibility clauses detailed in the brochure. The candidates who do not satisfy/fulfill any one of the eligibility clauses will not be eligible for admission to Engineering Courses under Government Quota through KEA.
- If the information submitted by the candidates in the online application form or any other document submitted by the candidate / parents are found to be false / incorrect, such candidate’s seat will be cancelled at any point of time during his / her course of study and criminal proceedings will be initiated by the Government against such candidate.
- The candidates must appear for Diploma Common Entrance Test‐2014 for admission to B.E courses as per the schedule conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- The Diploma Common Entrance Test for admissions to B.E courses will be conducted on 29‐06‐2014 from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm.
- Kannada Language Test will be conducted on 29‐06‐2014 (from 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm) only at Bangalore for Gadinadu and Horanadu Kannadigas. The Kannada Language Test paper will be of 4th Standard. The Minimum passing marks for all Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga Candidates shall be 12 out of 50 Marks in Kannada Language Test in order to be considered for assignment of ranks and to become eligible for allotment of seats.
- The candidates seeking admission only to B. Arch course need not have to appear for Diploma Common Entrance Test‐2014 conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority. But, they need to have valid NATA score and apply online to become eligible for admission to First year/First Semester B. Arch course. Last date appear for NATA is 30‐06‐2014 and last date to submit NATA Scores to KEA is 02‐07‐2014.
Important: The candidates who have obtained Diploma in Architecture are eligible only for Admission to 1st Year Architecture engineering course, provided if they have VALID NATA Score in NATA conducted by Council of Architecture. But, the candidates who have obtained Diploma in Architecture are not eligible for admission to 2nd year / 3rd Semester of any other Engineering Courses.
DURING THE ENTRANCE TEST
- The candidates should read the instructions printed on the OMR answer sheet before answering. The candidates have to mark the correct answers on the OMR answer sheet using BLUE OR BLACK INK BALL POINT PEN ONLY.
- After completion of the test, the candidates must affix their LEFT HAND THUMB IMPRESSION in the space provided on the bottom portion of OMR answer sheet before handing over the same to the room invigilator.
- After completion of the test, the candidates will be allowed to carry replica of the filled OMR Answer sheet and such replicas should be preserved by the candidate for a period of one year (In case of any clarification the replica should be produced before the concerned authorities of KEA).
- THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE MARKING IN RESPECT OF WRONG ANSWERS BUT MARKS WILL NOT BE AWARDED IN RESPECT OF MORE THAN ONE ANSWER INDICATED AGAINST A QUESTION BY A CANDIDATE ON THE OMR ANSWER SHEET.
AFTER THE ENTRANCE TEST
- The ANSWER KEY will be published within three days after the completion of the entrance test on the KEA website. The candidates / parents / lecturers, can file their objections, if any, within three days from the date of announcement of the key answers in respect of any of the published answer key, along with the supporting documents & justification. Objections filed by the candidates without justification shall not be considered. Objections received after the last date fixed shall not be considered. Objections received by the KEA will be placed before an Expert Committee, whose decision will be final in this regard.
- The merit list of the candid a tes for a d missio n to B.E/ B.Arch courses will be prepared separately for Day and Evening Engineering Colleges. The merit list will be on the basis of the marks obtained in the Diploma Common Entrance Test‐2014 and marks obtained in the final year (Fifth and Sixth Semester) of the qualifying examination on equal weightage.
- All the candidates (SC, ST Category – I, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B and GM category) must compulsorily produce the STUDY CERTIFICATE obtained from the heads of the institutions where the candidates have passed the 10th standard / SSLC examination / Diploma Examination, by mentioning the Standards, Academic years as per the admission register of the institution. (Refer Appendix for study certificate proforma).
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories should submit Caste /Income Certificate as the case may be, issued by the Tahasildar in Form ‘D’ for SC, ST, in Form ‘E’ for Category‐I and in Form ‘F’ for 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories. (Refer Appendix for Caste certificate proforma).
- The eligible candidates should produce the relevant certificate issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification to become eligible to claim seat under Hyderabad-Karnataka Reservation (Article 371 J) in CET-2014 as per rules. (Appendix)
- Please read the refund and forfeiture conditions detailed in this brochure carefully.
- KEA will publish on its website all the details of candidates who have selected seats under reserved category for B.E /B. Arch course(s), such as candidate’s name, father’s name, category under which seat selected, annual income of the parent etc., after the casual vacancy round.
- If a candidate does not surrender the seat to KEA befor e th e casual vacancy seat selection round on or before the specified date and time (see KEA website), he / she deemed to have got admitted to the seat selected by him / her.
- If a candidate decides to surrender his / her seat, he / she have to surrender the seat only to KEA be fore th e casual vacancy seat selection round. Merely not reporting to the selected college should not be presumed by the candidate that he / she have surrendered the seat to KEA.
- All the admissions / allotments made to and by the college shall be subject to approval by the concerned University.