KEAM 2017 is the Entrance Examination being held by CEE Kerala for Engineering Courses. Date and time of KEAM 2017 engineering entrance exam are notified along with examination cities. Details are notified by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams (CEE) Kerala at www.cee-kerala.org. Students who wish to study engineering after class 12th can submit KEAM application form 2017 and appear in exam. For the purpose of getting admission Medical, appear in NEET 2017 held by CBSE and also apply in KEAM 2017 for counselling. Likewise, for Architecture admission one must appear in NATA 2017 and apply for KEAM 2017 for counselling. CEE Kerala shall release KEAM admit card 2017 for applicants and conduct the engineering entrance exam as per schedule. Conduct of exam is followed by declaration of KEAM result 2017, rank list, and centralized counselling for admissions.
Latest – KEAM 2017 notification released.
CEE Kerala released notification for KEAM 2017 at www.cee-kerala.org.
Date of Exam – CEE Kerala will organize KEAM 2017 engineering entrance exam as per the following schedule.
|Paper I (Physics and Chemistry)||24 Apr 2017||10 AM to 12.30 PM|
|Paper II (Mathematics)||25 Apr 2017||10 AM to 12.30 PM|
Candidates are instructed to submit online KEAM application form 2017 by following CEE Kerala’s instructions. Read eligibility and guidelines for applying and fill in KEAM application form to appear in CEE Kerala engineering entrance exam 2017.
Key Features Of KEAM 2017
- This time KEAM is engineering entrance exam 2017 for BE / B.Tech. Students who wish to pursue engineering in the state must appear in the Kerala Common Entrance Exam (KEAM) 2017.
- CEE Kerala will not hold MBBS entrance exam or for allied courses (BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries and Forestry). For medical and allied courses you need to appear in NEET UG 2017 conducted by CBSE, and also apply in KEAM since the counselling will be by CEE Kerala.
- Engineering Entrance Exam KEAM 2017 will be held over two days. On the first day (April 24, 2017), Paper I (Physics and Chemistry) will be held from 10 am to 12.30 pm. The next day (April 25, 2017), CEE Kerala will hold Paper II (Mathematics) from 10 am to 12:30 pm. You will appear on both days.
- Interested and eligible candidates can fill and submit KEAM 2017 application form. It is important to fill accurate information in registration and submit form before last date as per important dates of KEAM 2017.
- Exam conducting body (CEE Kerala) will issue KEAM 2017 admit card. This will act as enabling document and inform test takers of exam center, roll number.
- Once exam is over candidates can go through KEAM answer key 2017 to know correct answers of Physics and Chemistry, and Mathematics papers.
- Having appeared in exam, one can check KEAM result 2017 online and know scores, merit (rank). CEE will prepare state rank lists for Kerala engineering, agriculture, medical (KEAM) for admission 2017-18.
Also Note: – Candidates seeking admission to Architecture courses must qualify the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) to be conducted on 16th April 2017 by the Council of Architecture. Candidates can register for NATA Examination through online by the link “Online Registration for NATA 2017” in the website www.nata.nic.in. till 2nd February 2017. Architecture candidates must also apply for KEAM-2017 in addition to applying and appearing for NATA through the official website www.cee.kerala.gov.in
KEAM 2017 Important Dates
|KEAM 2017 information brochure release||First / second week of Jan 2017|
|Online application form of KEAM 2017 release||First / second week of Jan 2017|
|KEAM 2017 application form submission last date||Will be announced, expected in last week of Jan 2017|
|Issue of KEAM 2017 admit card / hall ticket||Will be announced, expected in last week of Mar 2017|
|KEAM 2017 Exam||24 Apr 2017 – Physics and Chemistry
25 Apr 2017 – Mathematics
|Declaration of KEAM 2017 results||Will be announced, expected in last week of May 2017|
Books recommended for KEAM
|16 Years’ Solved Papers: Kerala CEE Engineering: Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|Topic wise Solved papers for Engineering Entrance (Kerala CEE/ JEE Main/ JEE Advanced)||Buy Online|
|NCERT Xtract – Objective Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||Buy Online|
Kerala MBBS / BDS Admission 2017
This year Kerala MBBS and Allied Courses Admission will be made of the basis of NEET. There will not be state level entrance examination for the Medical and Allied Courses (MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries and Forestry).
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Medical and Allied Courses must necessarily apply for NEET 2017 and qualify in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST – UG 2017 (NEET-UG 2017) which will be conducted by the CBSE.
However, preparation of the Kerala state rank lists and the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for both Medical and Engineering streams will be done by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala. Therefore, candidates for Medical & Allied courses must necessarily apply online to both the CBSE (for NEET-UG 2017) and the CEE, Kerala (for KEAM 2017), through the respective online application portals.
Kerala B.Arch Admission 2017
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Architecture courses must qualify in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture. CEE Kerala will look after preparation of merit lists and counselling process. Architecture candidates must apply for KEAM-2017 in addition to applying and appearing for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
KEAM 2017 Application Form
KEAM Application form 2017 is to be submitted online at www.cee-kerala.org as per the schedule. Students who seek admission in engineering, medical, agriculture and related professional courses must apply for KEAM 2017. A time period of approximately 4 weeks is given for form submission.
KEAM 2017 Application Form – How to apply, when to apply?
KEAM application form 2017 will be available as per the schedule given above. Every year, CEE Kerala starts the online form submission facility for interested candidates who wish to appear in the KEAM exam. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are required to apply for the exam before the last date. A window of around four weeks is given to submit application form of Kerala CEE 2017 entrance exam.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
Last year eligbility criteria is given below.
Candidates who are Indian citizens or persons of Indian origin or overseas citizens of India, are eligible to apply. PIO / OCI shall not have any valid claims for reservation.
Further, Indian citizens will be divided under three categories – Keralite, Non-Keralite category I (NK I), Non-Keralite category II (NK II). The details are published in the prospectus released for KEAM 2017.
Education Qualification required to be eligible for KEAM 2017.
- For MBBS and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCB, also 50% separately in biology.
- For Engineering and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCM, also 50% separately in mathematics.
- For Architecture and related courses: Candidates should have passed Class 12 or Diploma with minimum 50% marks.
Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31 December. No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2017.
For more details on eligibility criteria, relaxation and reservations please refer to the Information Brochure.
KEAM 2017 Exam Pattern
In the CEE Kerala entrance exam, there will be two papers. Engineering exam shall have two papers – Paper 1 (physics and chemistry), Paper 2 (mathematics).
- Duration of exam – 150 minutes.
- Total questions – 120.
- Options per question – Multiple choice questions.
- Marks awarded for correct answer – 4.
- Marks deducted for incorrect answer (negative marking) – 1.
The candidates are advised not to attempt an answer, if they are not sure of the response, because mere guessing may lead to choice of wrong answers, with the consequent penalty of negative marks. However, the candidates who fail to answer at least one question in each paper will be disqualified.
- For each correct response in the KEAM 2017 Engineering Entrance Examinations, the candidates will be awarded FOUR (4) marks.
- For each incorrect response, ONE (1) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- For all these papers, in the event of failure to answer a question, (that is, no response is indicated against a question in the answer-sheet) no deduction from the total score will be made.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response, and will be awarded negative marks.
KEAM 2017 Admit Card
As a document for identification, admit card for KEAM 2017 is issued by CEE Kerala. The KEAM admit card will be available for download online. Candidate will be required to log in at www.cee-kerala.org using application number and date of birth.
- In case candidate’s application form has been rejection, a memo notifying the same will be issued.
- Please note that the hall ticket for KEAM will not be sent by post.
- All candidates whose KEAM 2017 application form has been accepted, should download their admit card / hall ticket.
- A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances.
KEAM 2017 Seat Distribution
Last year details of seats in various courses are given here.
If you have any queries regarding KEAM, please ask in comments below.