KEAM 2016 is the Entrance Examinations being held by CEE Kerala for Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Engineering and Architecture Courses. KEAM 2016 merit list will be used for Admission to mentioned Professional Degree Courses. CEE Kerala shall conduct the engineering, architecture and medical entrance exam. KEAM 2016 will be held as per the schedule given here.
Latest News:- KEAM 2016 Third Phase Allotment Schedule has been announced. Check all the Details HERE
KEAM 2016 – CEE Kerala
Details have been notified by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams at www.cee-kerala.org. Students of Kerala who wish to pursue engineering and medical sciences in the state must appear in the Kerala Common Entrance Exam (KEAM) 2016.
Important Notice [27.04.2016] – Entrance Examination for Paper – 1 (Physics and Chemistry) has been completed. For details see the Press Release.
Important Notice [26.04.2016] – Entrance Examination for Paper – 2 (Mathematics) has been completed. For details see the Press Release.
Important Notice [25.04.2016] – Entrance Examination for Engineering Paper – 1(Physics & Chemistry) has been completed. For details see the Press Release.
Entrance Examinations for admission to Medical / Agriculture / Veterinary / Fisheries / Engineering / Architecture / MBBS & BDS Degree Courses 2016 will be conducted from 25.04.2016 to 28.04.2016. Candidates can check the Examination related press releases from the links below.
Books recommended for KEAM
|16 Years’ Solved Papers: Kerala CEE Medical: Kerala Medical Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers: Kerala CEE Engineering: Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|Topic wise Solved papers for Medical Entrance (Kerela PMT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ JIPMER)||Buy Online|
|Topic wise Solved papers for Engineering Entrance (Kerala CEE/ JEE Main/ JEE Advanced)||Buy Online|
|NCERT Xtract – Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Buy Online|
|NCERT Xtract – Objective Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||Buy Online|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers : AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|Target AIPMT (AIPMT Solved Papers + 10 Mock Papers)||Buy Online|
KEAM 2016 Important Dates are given here. Important dates of KEAM 2016 include availability of application form, last date to submit KEAM 2016 application form, download window for admit card, declaration of result, and other crucial dates for CEE Kerala 2016 KEAM exam. Candidates who are appearing for the Common Entrance Exam for Kerala engineering, medical, architecture and other professional courses admissions, can note down the KEAM 2016 Important Dates of Exam, Application Form, Admit Card and Result.
|KEAM 2016 Event||Date|
|KEAM 2016 Application Form available from||03 Jan 2016|
|Last date for submission of KEAM Application Form online||29 Jan 2016|
|Last date for receipt of Online Application Printout along with supporting documents||30 Jan 2016|
|Admit card of KEAM 2016 available from||28 Mar 2016|
|Declaration of KEAM 2016 Result||24 May 2016|
KEAM 2016 Examination Schedule
|Paper||Date and Time|
|Engineering : Physics & Chemistry (Paper-I)||25 Apr 2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Mathematics (Paper-II)||26 Apr 2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Medical : Chemistry & Physics (Paper-I)||27 Apr 2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Biology (Paper-II)||28 Apr 2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
The test papers will be set for physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology. The test dates have already been published.
- Engineering entrance exam will include paper 1, to be held on 25 Apr 2016; and paper 2 on 26 Apr 2016.
- The medical entrance exam under KEAM 2016 will also have paper 1 to be held on 27 Apr 2016; and paper 2 to be conducted on 28 Apr 2016.
Thus, the common entrance exam shall have four papers to be held in the morning slot (10 AM to 12.30 PM) on each day from 25 Apr 2016 to 28 Apr 2016. According to the interests and eligibility, candidate can apply for either engineering or medical or both.
KEAM 2016 Application Form
KEAM Application form 2016 is to be submitted online at www.cee-kerala.org as per the schedule. Students who seek admission in engineering, medical, agriculture and related professional courses must apply for KEAM 2016. A time period of approximately 4 weeks is given for form submission.
KEAM 2016 Application Form – How to apply, when to apply?
KEAM application form 2016 is available as per the schedule given above. Every year, CEE Kerala starts the online form submission facility for interested candidates who wish to appear in the KEAM exam. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are required to apply for the exam before the last date. A window of around four weeks is given to submit application form of Kerala CEE 2016 entrance exam.
Highlights of KEAM 2016 entrance exam
- Exam dates are 25 Apr 2016, 26 Apr 2016, 27 Apr 2016, 28 Apr 2016.
- Engineering aspirants need to appear for Paper I (physics and chemistry) on 25 April + Paper II (mathematics) on 26 April.
- Medical aspirants will be required to appear in Paper I (physics and chemistry) on 27 April + Paper II (biology) on 28 April.
- Application form will have to be filled online.
- The exam is conducted by CEE Kerala.
- Detailed information of the Kerala engineering, agricultural, medical entrance exam (KEAM) 2016 is given below.
KEAM Engineering 2016
The engineering entrance exam under KEAM 2016 shall consist of physics, chemistry and mathematics paper. Paper 1 containing physics and chemistry questions shall be held on 25 Apr 2016 from 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM. Paper 2 will be on 26 Apr 2016 at the same time. Engineering exam paper 2 shall be on mathematics. The time table for CEE Kerala 2016 engineering entrance exam is given below.
|Paper I||Physics & Chemistry||25 Apr 2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
|Paper II||Mathematics||26 Apr 2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
KEAM Medical 2016
Medical aspirants need to appear in paper of physics, chemistry and biological sciences. As the syllabus defined by CEE Kerala for medical aspirants is suited to medical streams, the physics and chemistry exam will be separately held as KEAM 2016 medical Paper 1. CEE Kerala medical exam’s Paper 2 is of Biology.
|Paper I||Chemistry & Physics||27.04.2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
|Paper II||Biology||28.04.2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are Indian citizens or persons of Indian origin or overseas citizens of India, are eligible to apply. PIO / OCI shall not have any valid claims for reservation.
Further, Indian citizens will be divided under three categories – Keralite, Non-Keralite category I (NK I), Non-Keralite category II (NK II). The details are published in the prospectus released for KEAM 2016.
Education Qualification required to be eligible for KEAM 2016.
- For MBBS and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCB, also 50% separately in biology.
- For Engineering and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCM, also 50% separately in mathematics.
- For Architecture and related courses: Candidates should have passed Class 12 or Diploma with minimum 50% marks.
Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31 December. No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2016.
For more details on eligibility criteria, relaxation and reservations please refer to the Information Brochure.
KEAM 2016 Exam Pattern
In the CEE Kerala entrance exam, there will be four papers. Engineering exam shall have two papers – Paper 1 (physics and chemistry), Paper 2 (mathematics). Similarly, the medical entrance exam will also have two papers. Paper 1 will be chemistry and physics; Paper 2 will be of biology.
- Duration of exam – 150 minutes.
- Total questions – 120.
- Options per question – Multiple choice questions.
- Marks awarded for correct answer – 4.
- Marks deducted for incorrect answer (negative marking) – 1.
The candidates are advised not to attempt an answer, if they are not sure of the response, because mere guessing may lead to choice of wrong answers, with the consequent penalty of negative marks. However, the candidates who fail to answer at least one question in each paper will be disqualified.
- For each correct response in the KEAM 2016 Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations, the candidates will be awarded FOUR (4) marks.
- For each incorrect response, ONE (1) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- For all these papers, in the event of failure to answer a question, (that is, no response is indicated against a question in the answer-sheet) no deduction from the total score will be made.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response, and will be awarded negative marks.
KEAM 2016 Admit Card
As a document for identification, admit card for KEAM 2016 is issued by CEE Kerala. The KEAM admit card will be available for download online. Candidate will be required to log in at www.cee-kerala.org using application number and date of birth.
- In case candidate’s application form has been rejection, a memo notifying the same will be issued.
- Please note that the hall ticket for KEAM will not be sent by post.
- All candidates whose KEAM 2016 application form has been accepted, should download their admit card / hall ticket.
- A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances.
KEAM 2016 Seat Distribution
Details of seats in various courses are given here.
KEAM 2016 Notification
- Paper 1 of KEAM engineering entrance exam will be on 25 Apr 2016. This will include questions on physics and chemistry.
- KEAM Paper 2 for engineering candidates will be on 26 Apr 2016. All the questions in this exam will be on mathematics.
- KEAM 2016 medical entrance exam Paper 1 is scheduled to be held on 27 Apr 2016. This test will be based on syllabus of chemistry and physics.
- Paper 2 for medical competitive exam is to be conducted on 28 Apr 2016. Subject questions on biology will be in this test.
- Please read the official notification above.
The exact notification as published online and on various media is given here for your reference. Please note that the entrance examinations for admission to professional degree courses 2016 will commence on 25 Apr 2016.
KEAM 2016 Notification (in English)
KEAM 2016 Notification (in Malayalam)
You will also find the same notification on www.cee-kerala.org, or can be downloaded HERE.
If you have any queries regarding KEAM, please ask in comments below.