KEAM 2016 is the Entrance Examinations being held by CEE Kerala. KEAM 2016 merit list will be used for Admission to Professional Degree Courses such as engineering, medical, architecture, agriculture and fisheries. CEE Kerala shall conduct the engineering and medical entrance exam. KEAM 2016 will be held from April 26 to 27, 2018.
KEAM 2016 – CEE Kerala
Details have been notified by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams at www.cee-kerala.org. Students of Kerala who wish to pursue engineering and medical sciences in the state must appear in the Kerala Common Entrance Exam (KEAM) 2016.
KEAM 2016 Notification
CEE Kerala KEAM 2016 notification was published on 3rd October. The same is given below.
KEAM 2016 Notification (in English)
KEAM 2016 Notification (in Malayalam)
You will also find the same notification on www.cee-kerala.org, or can be downloaded HERE.
KEAM 2016 Important Dates are given here. Important dates of KEAM 2016 include availability of application form, last date to submit KEAM 2016 application form, download window for admit card, declaration of result, and other crucial dates for CEE Kerala 2016 KEAM exam. Candidates who are appearing for the Common Entrance Exam for Kerala engineering, medical, architecture and other professional courses admissions, can note down the KEAM 2016 Important Dates of Exam, Application Form, Admit Card and Result.
KEAM 2016 Examination Schedule
|Paper||Date and Time|
|Engineering : Physics & Chemistry (Paper-I)||25.04.2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Mathematics (Paper-II)||26.04.2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Medical : Chemistry & Physics (Paper-I)||27.04.2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Biology (Paper-II)||28.04.2016, 10 am to 12.30 pm|
Government of Kerala Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations has insofar announced the exam date of KEAM 2016. More dates pertaining to submission of application form, admit card download, answr key, results will be announced shortly. As per last year’s important events and dates, the expected dates of such events are given below.
|Important event related to KEAM 2016||Dates (expected)|
|KEAM 2016 Application Form available from||First Week of Jan 2016|
|Last date for submission of KEAM Application Form online||First Week of Feb 2016|
|Admit card of KEAM 2016 available from||Last Week of Mar 2016|
|Declaration of KEAM 2016 Result||Second Week of May 2016|
The test papers will be set for physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology. The test dates have already been published.
- Engineering entrance exam will include paper 1, to be held on April 25, 2016; and paper 2 on April 26, 2016.
- The medical entrance exam under KEAM 2016 will also have paper 1 to be held on April 27, 2016; and paper 2 to be conducted on April 28, 2016.
Thus, the common entrance exam shall have four papers to be held in the morning slot (10 AM to 12.30 PM) on each day from 25.04.2016 to 28.04.2016. According to the interests and eligibility, candidate can apply for either engineering or medical or both.
KEAM 2016 Application Form
KEAM application form 2016 will be submitted online at www.cee-kerala.org as per the schedule. Students who seek admission in engineering, medical, agriculture and related professional courses must apply for KEAM 2016. The application form of Kerala entrance exam will be available soon. A time period of approximately 21 days is given for form submission.
KEAM 2016 Application Form – How to apply, when to apply?
KEAM application form 2016 is anticipated to be available from the first week of January 2016. Every year, CEE Kerala starts the online form submission facility for interested candidates who wish to appear in the KEAM exam. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are required to apply for the exam before the last date. A window of around three weeks is given to submit application form of Kerala CEE 2016 entrance exam.
Supporting documents to be attached with the CEE Kerala 2016 application form for KEAM
- Certificate to prove nativity (if applicable).
- Certificate to claim communal reservation (if applicable).
- Community and income certificates (if applicable).
- Inter caste marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Any other certificate if applicable for physically disabled and so on.
- Class 10 mark sheet attested copy, indicating date of birth.
- Final year mark list of qualifying exam OR course certificate.
Highlights of KEAM 2016 entrance exam
- Exam dates are 25.04.2016, 26.04.2016, 27.04.2016, 28.04.2016.
- Engineering aspirants need to appear for Paper I (physics and chemistry) on 25th April + Paper II (mathematics) on 26th April.
- Medical aspirants will be required to appear in Paper I (physics and chemistry) on 27th April + Paper II (biology) on 28th April.
- Application form will have to be filled online.
- The exam is conducted by CEE Kerala.
- Detailed information of the Kerala engineering, agricultural, medical entrance exam (KEAM) 2016 is given below.
KEAM Engineering 2016
The engineering entrance exam under KEAM 2016 shall consist of physics, chemistry and mathematics paper. Paper 1 containing physics and chemistry questions shall be held on April 25, 2016 from 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM. Paper 2 will be on April 26, 2016 at the same time. Engineering exam paper 2 shall be on mathematics. The time table for CEE Kerala 2016 engineering entrance exam is given below.
|Paper I||Physics & Chemistry||25.04.2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
|Paper II||Mathematics||26.04.2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
KEAM Medical 2016
Medical aspirants need to appear in paper of physics, chemistry and biological sciences. As the syllabus defined by CEE Kerala for medical aspirants is suited to medical streams, the physics and chemistry exam will be separately held as KEAM 2016 medical Paper 1. CEE Kerala medical exam’s Paper 2 is of Biology.
|Paper I||Chemistry & Physics||27.04.2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
|Paper II||Biology||28.04.2016||10 AM – 12.30 PM|
Please note that the information given below is based on previous year examination, it should be used only for reference purpose only. Details will be updated as the official information is available.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are Indian citizens or persons of Indian origin or overseas citizens of India, are eligible to apply. PIO / OCI shall not have any valid claims for reservation.
Further, Indian citizens will be divided under three categories – Keralite, Non-Keralite category I (NK I), Non-Keralite category II (NK II). The detailed prospectus is not published for KEAM 2016.
Education Qualification required to be eligible for KEAM 2016.
- For MBBS and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCB, also 50% separately in biology.
- For Engineering and related courses: Candidate should have obtained 50% in aggregate in PCM, also 50% separately in mathematics.
KEAM Exam Pattern
In the CEE Kerala entrance exam, there will be four papers. Engineering exam shall have two papers – Paper 1 (physics and chemistry), Paper 2 (mathematics). Similarly, the medical entrance exam will also have two papers. Paper 1 will be chemistry and physics; Paper 2 will be of biology.
- Duration of exam – 150 minutes.
- Total questions – 120.
- Options per question – Multiple choice questions.
- Marks awarded for correct answer – 4.
- Marks deducted for incorrect answer (negative marking) – 1.
The candidates are advised not to attempt an answer, if they are not sure of the response, because mere guessing may lead to choice of wrong answers, with the consequent penalty of negative marks. However, the candidates who fail to answer at least one question in each paper will be disqualified.
- For each correct response in the KEAM 2016 Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations, the candidates will be awarded FOUR (4) marks.
- For each incorrect response, ONE (1) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- For all these papers, in the event of failure to answer a question, (that is, no response is indicated against a question in the answer-sheet) no deduction from the total score will be made.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response, and will be awarded negative marks.
Therefore the candidates are advised not to attempt an answer, if they are not sure of the response, because mere guessing may lead to choice of wrong answers, with the consequent penalty of negative marks. However, the candidates who fail to answer at least one question in each paper will be disqualified.
KEAM Admit Card
As a document for identification, admit card for KEAM 2016 is issued by CEE Kerala. The KEAM admit card will be available for download online. Candidate will be required to log in at www.cee-kerala.org using application number and date of birth.
- In case candidate’s application form has been rejection, a memo notifying the same will be issued.
- Please note that the hall ticket for KEAM will not be sent by post.
- All candidates whose KEAM 2016 application form has been accepted, should download their admit card / hall ticket.
- A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances.
KEAM 2016 Notification
- Paper 1 of KEAM engineering entrance exam will be on 25.04.2016. This will include questions on physics and chemistry.
- KEAM Paper 2 for engineering candidates will be on 26.04.2016. All the questions in this exam will be on mathematics.
- KEAM 2016 medical entrance exam Paper 1 is scheduled to be held on 27.04.2016. This test will be based on syllabus of chemistry and physics.
- Paper 2 for medical competitive exam is to be conducted on 28.04.2016. Subject questions on biology will be in this test.
- Please read the official notification above.
The exact notification as published online and on various media is given here for your reference. Please note that the entrance examinations for admission to professional degree courses 2016 will commence on April 25, 2016.
If you have any queries regarding KEAM, please ask in comments below.