Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – The Director of Medical Education, Kerala State conducts Post Graduate Courses in various disciplines. A total of 533 seats in P.G. Degree courses and 157 seats in Diploma Courses are available in the Government Medical Colleges of the State including RCC. The selection and allotment of candidates in the State Quota of 263 seats in P.G. Degree courses and 78 seats in P.G Diploma courses will be made from the Rank list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala on the basis of the NEET PG 2017 Rank list prepared by the National Board of Examination, Government of India.
270 seats in P.G. Degree courses and 79 seats in P.G. Diploma courses are set apart for All India Quota. Selection and allotment to these seats will be conducted by the Director General of Health Service, Government of India, New Delhi. A
Candidates can check the details of application, eligibility criteria and selection process for admission in PG Medical 2017 on this page below.
Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – Instead of holding PG Medical entrance exam 2017, CEE Kerala will give admission on basis of NEET PG 2017. Applications are invited from the candidates who have qualified in the NEET-PG 2017, for admission to Post Graduate Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses, 2017 in the Government Medical Colleges and to all the seats available in Self Financing/Co-operative Medical Colleges in Kerala.
Note: There is no entrance exam.
Important dates for Kerala PG Medical 2017 Admission
|Release of notification saying that admission is through NEET PG 2017||02 Mar 2017|
|Start of Online Application for PG Medical 2017||04 Mar 2017|
|Last date of Online Application for PG Medical 2017||15 Mar 2017|
Kerala PG Medical Rank List
The Kerala State Rank list of General Quota and Service Quota candidates who have applied for admission to P G Medical Courses 2017 has been published.
The rank list of General Quota Candidates has been prepared by considering the candidates who have qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi and who satisfy the nativity conditions for admission to PG Medical Courses 2017. Due weightage has been given to the Service Candidates who have applied under General Quota, for their Service rendered in difficult and remote areas that is made permissible at the rate of 10% of marks obtained for each year in service in difficult and remote areas up to a maximum of 30% of the marks obtained in the NEET PG-2017.
- Check Provisional Merit List
- Check List of Candidates eligible for Health Service Quota (PG Diploma Courses, only)
The Rank list of Service Quota candidates under Health Service has been prepared and published after awarding the due weightage to the candidates for their Service rendered in difficult and remote areas. The category list of eligible candidates will be published on 30.03.2017 after clearing the defects in the documents submitted online. The activities related to the first phase of allotment to the State Quota seats in P G Medical Courses shall commence on 04.04.2017.
Kerala PG Medical Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Applicants should be in possession of MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by MCI with MBBS qualification registered permanently or provisionally with MCI or State Medical Council and should have completed one year of internship or likely to complete it on or before 31st March 2017. Admission to such candidates will be given only after obtaining registration of T. C. Medical Council.
Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions.
- Indian Citizens of Kerala origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also traded at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission, provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for 3 years as envisaged However POI/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents who have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/Special/PD reservation benefits.
- There is no upper age limit for General Quota (GQ) candidates.
- Under ordinary circumstance (i.e. for those Service quota candidates, whose retirement age is 56 years) the upper age limit for getting admission will be 49 years for Post Graduate Diploma Courses as on 01-01-2017, for Service candidates. For those candidates in the service of Director of Health Service, who submit a bond (Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment elsewhere during this period if the Government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from Director of Health Service will be 53 years for PG Diploma courses.
Qualifying Criteria – All candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Medical Degree/Diploma courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2017-18 shall have to qualify the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate Courses (NEET PG-2017) conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. In order to be eligible for admission in any Post Graduate Medical course in 2017-18, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the NEET PG 2017. However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile.
Kerala PG Medical Distribution of Seats
The distribution of seats under State Quota for Medical PG Degree / Diploma courses in various Medical Colleges for 2017-18 academic year is given below.
For more details of Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.