Kerala PG Medical 2016 – Entrance Examination for admission to Post Graduate Medical (Degree/diploma) Courses for the year 2016 to the State Quota seats in the Government Medical Colleges in Kerala and to the 50% seats available in the Self Financing /Co-operative Medical colleges in Kerala. Candidates who wish to pursue MD/MS courses in Kerala need to appear and qualify in the CEE Kerala PG Medical Entrance Exam 2016. Candidates can check the details of application, eligibility criteria and selection process for admission in PG Medical 2016 on this page below.
Schedule for Kerala PG Medical 2016 for MD/MS Courses is given below.
|Online submission of application starts from||14th Dec 2015|
|Last date for online submission of application form||28th Dec 2015, till 03:00 PM|
|Last date for submitting the printout of applications||4th Jan 2016, till 05:00 PM|
|Date of Entrance Exam||31st Jan 2016|
CEE Kerala PG Medical Entrance Exam Notification 2016
Government Order for partial modification of the prospectus (10.01.2016)
Government have amended the clauses 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 of the Prospectus for admission to P G Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses 2016 by orders dated 04.01.2016. See the Government Order for details. [ Click here to read the Goverment Order ]
Kerala PG Medical Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Those candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by the MCI with the MBBS qualification registered permanently or provisionally with MCI or State Medical Council and who have completed one year of Internship or likely to complete it on or before 31st March 2016 are eligible to apply. Applicants should have passed the MBBS Degree from any of the Universities in Kerala or any other University recognized by KUHS as equivalent thereto with eligibility for full registration in respect of all courses. Admission to the candidate will be given only after obtaining registration of T.C. Medical Council.
Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions:
- Indian Citizens of Kerala origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also traded at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission, provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for 3 years as envisaged However POI/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents who have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/Special/PD reservation benefits.
- There is no upper age limit for General Quota (GQ) candidates.
- Under ordinary circumstances (ie, for those Service Quota(SQ) candidates whose retirement age is 56 years),the upper age limit for getting admission will be 48 years for Post Graduate Degree Courses and 49 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01-01-2016, for Health Service candidates and Municipal Service candidates. But for those candidates in the service of DHS, who submit a bond (Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years (the retirement age in MES and IMS), as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment else where during this period if the government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from DHS will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree courses and 53 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01-01-2016.
- For those candidates who possess Diploma and are eligible for 1 year reduction in the duration of course, the upper age limit for the admission to Post Graduate Degree courses will be 49 years and 53 years as in the case.
- For MES and IMS candidates, upper age limit will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree courses and 53 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01-01-2016.
Kerala PG Medical Exam Pattern
There shall be two papers of two hours duration each, consisting of 150 Objective Type Multiple Choice questions each having Four options of which only one will be the most appropriate answer. Paper I will consist of Pre Clinical and Para-Clinical subjects and paper II will consist of Clinical subjects. Distribution of number of questions from each subjects will be as shown below.
Mode of selection by Entrance examination
- The PG Medical Entrance Examination-2016 shall be of the standard of MBBS Examination and shall cover all the subjects of the MBBS course. All the questions will be of objective type. All entries in the OMR sheet including filling of the bubbles should be done by using ball point pen only (Blue or Black colored ink). Each correct response shall be awarded four marks. Zero marks will be given for each incorrect response/unanswered questions.
- A minimum of 50% mark in the Entrance Examination is mandatory for general category candidates and Service Quota candidates to become eligible for admission as per the Medical Council of India Post Graduate Regulations. In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, SEBC, the required minimum marks in the entrance examination is 40% and in the case of candidates with locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 40% and 70% the required minimum marks in the Entrance Examination shall be 45%.
Kerala PG Medical Selection Procedure
All candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Medical Degree/Diploma courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2016-17 shall have to qualify the PG Medical Entrance Examination-2016 (PGM-2016) conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala. In order to be eligible for admission in any Post Graduate Medical course in 2016-17, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum score of 50% in the PG Medical Entrance Examination-2016 However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), the minimum percentage shall be 40. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum percentage shall be 45.
|General & Service||50%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PD)||45%|
Kerala PG Medical Seats
The medical seats for PG courses in Kerala government colleges is given below.