CEE Kerala conducts PG Entrance Examination for admission to Post Graduate Medical (Degree/diploma) Courses each year to the State Quota seats in the Government Medical Colleges in Kerala and to the 50% seats available in the Self Financing /Co-operative Medical colleges in Kerala. It was expected that this year also Kerala PG Medical Entrance Exam 2017 will be conducted for Kerala PG Admission 2017. However, in light of the recent changes in PG Medical Admission in India, there have been some modifications to CEE Kerala PG (MD / MS) 2017 admissions as well. All candidates who wish to get admission in above mentioned colleges of Kerala state for academic session 2017-18 may note the same.
Candidates can check the details of application, eligibility criteria and selection process for admission in PG Medical 2017 on this page below.
Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – Instead of holding PG Medical entrance exam 2017, CEE Kerala will give admission on basis of NEET PG 2017. The National Board of Examinations conducted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test from 5-13 Dec 2016.
Note: There is no entrance exam.
Important dates for NIMS NEET PG 2017 Admission
|Release of notification saying that admission is through NEET PG 2017||October 3, 2016|
|Date of NEET PG 2017 exam||December 5, 2016, to December 13, 2016|
|Declaration of NEET PG Result||January 15, 2017|
- Application Form
Please note that the information given below is based on previous year admission. This should be used only for reference purpose only. Once new details are released, they will be updated here.
Kerala PG Medical Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Those candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by the MCI with the MBBS qualification registered permanently or provisionally with MCI or State Medical Council and who have completed one year of Internship or likely to complete it on or before 31st March are eligible to apply. Applicants should have passed the MBBS Degree from any of the Universities in Kerala or any other University recognized by KUHS as equivalent thereto with eligibility for full registration in respect of all courses. Admission to the candidate will be given only after obtaining registration of T.C. Medical Council.
Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions:
- Indian Citizens of Kerala origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also traded at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission, provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for 3 years as envisaged However POI/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents who have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/Special/PD reservation benefits.
- There is no upper age limit for General Quota (GQ) candidates.
- Under ordinary circumstances (ie, for those Service Quota(SQ) candidates whose retirement age is 56 years),the upper age limit for getting admission will be 48 years for Post Graduate Degree Courses and 49 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01 Jan, for Health Service candidates and Municipal Service candidates. But for those candidates in the service of DHS, who submit a bond (Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years (the retirement age in MES and IMS), as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment else where during this period if the government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from DHS will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree courses and 53 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01 Jan.
- For those candidates who possess Diploma and are eligible for 1 year reduction in the duration of course, the upper age limit for the admission to Post Graduate Degree courses will be 49 years and 53 years as in the case.
- For MES and IMS candidates, upper age limit will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree courses and 53 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01 Jan.
Kerala PG Medical Seats
The medical seats for PG courses in Kerala government colleges is given below.