Kerala PG Medical 2016 – Entrance Examination for admission to Post Graduate Medical (Degree/diploma) Courses for the year 2016 to the State Quota seats in the Government Medical Colleges in Kerala and to the 50% seats available in the Self Financing /Co-operative Medical colleges in Kerala. Candidates who wish to pursue MD/MS courses in Kerala need to appear and qualify in the CEE Kerala PG Medical Entrance Exam 2016. Candidates can check the details of application, eligibility criteria and selection process for admission in PG Medical 2016 on this page below.
The Final List of Allotted candidates for Kerala PG Medical 2016 has been issued. Check below.
Schedule for Kerala PG Medical 2016 for MD/MS Courses is given below.
|Online submission of application starts from||14 Dec 2015|
|Last date for online submission of application form||28 Dec 2015, till 03:00 PM|
|Last date for submitting the printout of applications||04 Jan 2016, till 05:00 PM|
|Date of Entrance Exam||31 Jan 2016|
Kerala PG Medical 2016 Final Allotment Result
The process of Seat Allotment for PG Medical (Degree / Diploma) Courses 2016 in Government Medical Colleges, including the seats in All India Quota and Government Seats in the Govt controlled colleges / Private Self Financing Medical Colleges is now over. The Final list of candidates admitted to various colleges has now been released. Also the last ranks for each college / courses is also released.
Check Kerala PG Medical 2016 Final Allotment Result
Kerala PG Medical 2016 Second Phase Allotment
The Second phase allotment to the P G Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses 2016 in Government Medical Colleges, including the seats reverted from All India Quota and Government Seats in Govt. Controlled/Private Self Financing Medical Colleges are published herewith. This allotment is based on the rank and online options filed by the candidates from 13.05.2016 to 19.05.2016, 5 pm. The allotment list is available in the website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations www.cee.kerala.gov.in.
Those candidates who receive an allotment shall have to remit the fee/ balance fee to be paid to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations as specified in the second phase allotment memo. This fee can be remitted using the Online Payment Facility or at any of the designated branches of State Bank of Travancore from 21.05.2016 to 25.05.2016. The list of designated branches of SBT is available on the website.
The candidates who get an allotment should take admission in the respective Medical colleges before 5 p.m. on 25.05.2016 (Wednesday) along with the documents specified in the Allotment Memo as per the GO(Rt) No. 1425/2016/H&FWD dated: 20.05.2016. All the college authorities should approve and submit the list of admitted candidates through Online Admission Management System (OAMS) at 5.30 p.m. on 25.05.2016.
To Check Notification Regarding Spot Admission – Click Here (Government Order)
Schedule for the Second Phase of Allotment
Nine Government seats, one each in MS General Surgery, MD Respiratory Medicine, MD Anesthesia, MD Psychiatry, MS Orthopaedics, MD Emergency Medicine, MS Ophthalmology, Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Diploma in Orthopaedics in Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kannur are yet to be recognized by the Medical Council of India, this year. Hence options may be filed taking into consideration of the recognition status of these courses.
- For Seat Matrix of PG Medical Second Phase – Click here
- Check Important Notice about Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram – Click here
- For Complete Details of Second Phase Allotment – Click here
- For Seat Matrix – Self Financing Colleges- Click here
Help Line Numbers: 0471 2339101, 2339102, 2339103, and 2339104
The fees structure in Government medical colleges is corrected as per clause 3-1 of the Prospectus for admission to Post Graduate Medical(Degree/Diploma) courses-2016 available in the website www.cee-kerala.org. The corrected fees structure in Government medical colleges of Second Phase Allotment is given below.
- SC/ST/OEC candidates are exempted from payment of fees. However they have to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- as token of having accepted the allotment.
- SC/ST/OEC Candidates admitted under Service Quota are not eligible for any exemption of fees.
Kerala PG Medical 2016 First Phase Allotment
The First phase allotment to the P G Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses 2016 in the Government Medical Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikkode and RCC is published herewith. This allotment is based on the rank and online options filed by the General and Service Quota candidates from 04.04.2016 to 12.04.2016, 3 pm.
Those candidates who receive an allotment shall have to remit the fees to be paid to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations as specified in the first phase allotment memo. This fee can be remitted using the Online Payment Facility or at any of the designated branches of State Bank of Travancore from 18.04.2016 to 22.04.2016 in order to accept the allotment. The list of designated branches of SBT is available on the website.
The candidates who get an allotment should take admission in the respective Medical colleges before 5 p.m. on 22.04.2016 (Friday) along with the documents specified in the Allotment Memo. All the college authorities should approve and submit the list of admitted candidates through Online Admission Management System (OAMS) at 5.30 p.m. on 22.04.2016.
Schedule of First Phase Allotment
For Complete Details of First Phase Allotment – Click here
The fees structure in Government medical colleges is corrected as per clause 3-1 of the Prospectus for admission to Post Graduate Medical(Degree/Diploma) courses-2016 available in the website www.cee-kerala.org. The corrected fees structure in Government medical colleges is given below.
Kerala PG Medical 2016 Category List
The Provisional Category/Community wise lists of General Quota candidates who have qualified in the Entrance Examinations for Post Graduate Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses (PGM)- 2016 are published herewith.
The category lists have been prepared on the basis of the rank list of PG Medical Entrance Examinations 2016 and as per the claim admitted to the candidates based on the documents submitted along with the application forms. The lists will be available for reference in the office of the CEE and on the website www.cee-kerala.org from 01.03.2016.
The Provisional Category list of General Quota candidates who have qualified in the Entrance Examination for Post Graduate Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses, 2016 was published on 01.03.2016. Some of the candidates raised complaints regarding the Category list and Category of eligible candidates have been allowed on the basis of the records already furnished by them and verified with their applications. The revised Category list is given below.
Kerala PG Medical 2016 Result
The Provisional Rank list along with the provisional category lists of General Quota candidates and the result of Service Quota candidates who have appeared for the Entrance Examination for admission to P G Medical Courses-2016 conducted on 31th January 2016 are published herewith.
Dr. KIREN GEORGE KOSHY, has secured the first rank in this Entrance Examination.
The Answer Keys to the questions were published on 01.02.2016. A few complaints regarding the questions/keys have been received and the same have been examined by Expert Committee constituted for the purpose. Based on the recommendations of the Committee, suitable changed have been made in the key. The Provisional Rank list of General Quota candidates will be available for reference in this office and on the website www.cee-kerala.org. The rank list of Health Service Quota (HSQ) candidates is published by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations after awarding the due weightage of marks for the difficult rural service furnished by the Director of Health Service (DHS). Also the rank lists of Medical Education Service Quota (MESQ), Insurance Medical Service Quota (IMSQ), except Municipal Service Quota (MSQ), are be published after receiving the final remarks regarding the service details of the Qualified Service Candidates from the respective Controlling Officers.
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Result Notification||Click Here|
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Result – General Quota||Click Here|
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Result – Service Quota||Click Here|
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Withheld Result – General Quota||Click Here|
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Withheld Result – Service Quota||Click Here|
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Withheld Result –
General Quota & Service Quota
|CEE Kerala PG Medical 2016 Withheld Result – General Quota||Click Here New!|
Kerala PG Medical 2016 Rank List – Service Quota
The Kerala PG Medical 2016 Rank List for Service Quota has been released. The candidates can check the category wise rank list of service quota in the table given below.
|CEE Kerala Service Quota Rank List Notification||Click here|
|Medical Education Service Quota Rank List||Click here|
|Health Service Quota Rank List – 2 to 4 Years Experience-||Click here|
|Health Service Quota Rank List – Minimum 5 Years Experience||Click here|
|Insurance Medical Service Quota Rank List- 2 to 4 Years Experience||Click here|
|Insurance Medical Service Quota Rank List – Minimum 5 Years Experience-||Click here|
Check the complete notice regarding the Revised Health Service Quota Merit List HERE.
Inclusion of a candidate in the rank list does not entitle him/her for admission to the courses, unless he/she satisfies the eligibility conditions contained in the Government approved Prospectus. The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will make allotment and admissions as per the conditions laid down in the Prospectus.
CEE Kerala PG Medical Entrance Exam Notification 2016
Government Order for partial modification of the prospectus (10.01.2016)
Government have amended the clauses 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 of the Prospectus for admission to P G Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses 2016 by orders dated 04.01.2016. See the Government Order for details. [ Click here to read the Goverment Order ]
Kerala PG Medical Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Those candidates who are in possession of MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by the MCI with the MBBS qualification registered permanently or provisionally with MCI or State Medical Council and who have completed one year of Internship or likely to complete it on or before 31st March 2016 are eligible to apply. Applicants should have passed the MBBS Degree from any of the Universities in Kerala or any other University recognized by KUHS as equivalent thereto with eligibility for full registration in respect of all courses. Admission to the candidate will be given only after obtaining registration of T.C. Medical Council.
Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions:
- Indian Citizens of Kerala origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also traded at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission, provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for 3 years as envisaged However POI/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents who have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/Special/PD reservation benefits.
- There is no upper age limit for General Quota (GQ) candidates.
- Under ordinary circumstances (ie, for those Service Quota(SQ) candidates whose retirement age is 56 years),the upper age limit for getting admission will be 48 years for Post Graduate Degree Courses and 49 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01-01-2016, for Health Service candidates and Municipal Service candidates. But for those candidates in the service of DHS, who submit a bond (Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years (the retirement age in MES and IMS), as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment else where during this period if the government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from DHS will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree courses and 53 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01-01-2016.
- For those candidates who possess Diploma and are eligible for 1 year reduction in the duration of course, the upper age limit for the admission to Post Graduate Degree courses will be 49 years and 53 years as in the case.
- For MES and IMS candidates, upper age limit will be 52 years for Post Graduate Degree courses and 53 years for Post Graduate Diploma courses as on 01-01-2016.
Kerala PG Medical Exam Pattern
There shall be two papers of two hours duration each, consisting of 150 Objective Type Multiple Choice questions each having Four options of which only one will be the most appropriate answer. Paper I will consist of Pre Clinical and Para-Clinical subjects and paper II will consist of Clinical subjects. Distribution of number of questions from each subjects will be as shown below.
Mode of selection by Entrance examination
- The PG Medical Entrance Examination-2016 shall be of the standard of MBBS Examination and shall cover all the subjects of the MBBS course. All the questions will be of objective type. All entries in the OMR sheet including filling of the bubbles should be done by using ball point pen only (Blue or Black colored ink). Each correct response shall be awarded four marks. Zero marks will be given for each incorrect response/unanswered questions.
- A minimum of 50% mark in the Entrance Examination is mandatory for general category candidates and Service Quota candidates to become eligible for admission as per the Medical Council of India Post Graduate Regulations. In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, SEBC, the required minimum marks in the entrance examination is 40% and in the case of candidates with locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 40% and 70% the required minimum marks in the Entrance Examination shall be 45%.
Kerala PG Medical Selection Procedure
All candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Medical Degree/Diploma courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2016-17 shall have to qualify the PG Medical Entrance Examination-2016 (PGM-2016) conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala. In order to be eligible for admission in any Post Graduate Medical course in 2016-17, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum score of 50% in the PG Medical Entrance Examination-2016 However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), the minimum percentage shall be 40. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum percentage shall be 45.
|General & Service||50%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PD)||45%|
Kerala PG Medical Seats
The medical seats for PG courses in Kerala government colleges is given below.