Kerala University UG Admission 2015
Admission to the First Degree Programmes under Choice Based Credit and Semester (CBCS) system, and career related first degree programmes in the colleges affiliated to the university of Kerala and centres of the university for the academic year 2015-16.
Admissions to the seats to be filled by the University to the First Degree Programmes (except those specifically mentioned) are regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The details of seats to which admissions are made through the rank list prepared accordingly are contained in the relevant paragraphs.
Any candidate who desires to obtain admission under the University of Kerala for the First Degree Programme should compulsorily register online before the closure of registration, irrespective of the category (General /SEBC/ BPL/ SC/ST/ Community /Management / Candidates from Union Territory of Lakshadweep/Jammu and Kashmir/Tamil Linguistic Minority/Inmates of Government Children’s Home / Persons with disabilities/ widows /wards of Armed Forces Personnel, killed or disabled in action during peace time/ Sports etc.) to which he/she belongs.
The candidates who wish to apply for a First Degree Programme in a Self-financing College which do not participate in the online Centralised Allotment Process shall also register online before the closure of registration.
Remitting of fee
Fee to be paid to the University on allotment
On securing admission, the under mentioned University fee has to be remitted by the Candidates in any branch of State Bank of Travancore using the special Chalan of Kerala university available in the ‘Allotment Details’ page of valid applicant’s homepage in the website (http://admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. The original pay-in-slip (University’s Copy) from the bank should be produced in the college at the time of admission. The candidate without the original pay-in-slip will not be allowed to join the college. The candidates should keep the original pay-in-slip after verification in the college. It will be required for further allotment, if any.
Fee details are shown below
For General candidates
For SC /ST candidates
SC/ST candidates shall claim the refund of fees from the SC/ST Welfare Board. Colleges are requested to collect fee due to them directly from the candidates.
Application forms for Matriculation and Recognition are to be collected from the candidates and submitted to the University along with the University copy of the chalan of admission fee.
Note: The University fee once remitted will not be refunded.
Candidates SHALL NOT remit the fee in any other form like Demand Draft, Cheque etc.
Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date specified and in the specified method vide Clause 8.2.1 will lose their current allotment as well as the eligibility for further allotments.
SC/ST/OEC candidates, who get allotment, shall remit a total amount Rs.675/- (Rs.200 towards eligibility fee, Rs.100 towards matriculation fee and Rs.300 towards Recognition fee and Rs 75/- towards SGPA Insurance) as described under Clause 8.2.1. Fee remitted by way of Demand Draft/Cheque/etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Fee remitted by way of Demand Draft/Cheque/etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Statutes, the selection of students in Government colleges shall be governed by the rules prescribed by the Government from time to time with the concurrence of the University in respect of such admissions.
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination of the Government of Kerala or an Examination accepted by the Academic Council as equivalent thereto”.
Post Allotment Activities
Reporting at the College:
Candidates who get allotment will have to report before the Principal/Head of the College/Institution concerned for admission on the dates notified, with the following documents:
- Print out of completed online application generated by the Candidate.
- Fee receipt (Original copy) towards Registration fee
- Allotment Memo (Latest)
- Original marklist of the qualifying examination
- Fee Receipt(Original Copy)towards special fee affiliation, matriculation, recognition, eligibility fee
- Certificate to prove date of birth
- TC from the Institution last attended
- Course & Conduct Certificate
- Original Community Certificate/BPL Certificate
- Income certificate in the case of SEBC/ OEC candidates.
- Original certificates to prove the claim for grace marks, if any.
- Eligibility certificate from the University of Kerala in case of candidates who have passed qualifying examination other than HSE/ VHSE conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and ISE.
- Any other relevant certificate for any claim made in the application.
Verification of Documents:
The Principal/Head of the Institution shall be personally responsible for verification and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission in the College/Institution. The candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria at the time of online registration and all relevant documents shall be submitted at the respective colleges during the time of admission.
All candidates securing admission to the FDP should compulsorily remit the university fees (General-1360/-,SC/ST-600/-)in any branch of SBT by down loading the admission fee chalan
- Failure to report for Admission: Candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed date will lose their admission. They will not be considered for any further regular allotments under any stream.
- Candidates have the freedom to change their password, however they should take note of the password and application number carefully for future login.
- Application of candidates who do not register their personal and academic data online and who do not give their options online within the time schedule will not be considered for allotment. No opportunity will be given to incorporate any details after the last date of submission of application. Late or defective application will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Any kind of false information will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Any boards, where the grades are awarded instead of marks, the candidates should enter the corresponding marks, while entering the academic data.
- No rounding of marks / percentage to the nearest whole number will be permitted.
- The University will not entertain any request for change of the dates of Online Centralized Allotment.
- Any other item not specifically covered in this prospectus will be decided by the University and that decision shall be final.
- Preventive measure against ragging: If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admission shall be refused or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution.