Kerala University UG Admission 2014
Admission to the First Degree Programmes under Choice Based Credit and Semester (CBCS) system, and career related first degree programmes in the colleges affiliated to the university of Kerala and centres of the university for the academic year 2014.
Admissions to the seats to be filled by the University to the First Degree Programmes (except those specifically mentioned) are regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination
The Choice Based Credit and Semester system was introduced in the University of Kerala from the academic year 2010 onwards and all the Undergraduate courses except BPEd & BFA are known as First Degree Programmes. From the academic year 2012-2013 onwards, the admission to the First Degree Programme under CBCS system in the Arts and Science Colleges affiliated to the University of Kerala and Centres of the University were made on the basis of Online Centralized Allotment. The Online allotment process will provide the candidates, opportunity of obtaining admission to any of the Colleges of the University / Centres and to any of the programmes of his/her choice on the basis of merit.
Any candidate who desires to obtain admission under the University of Kerala for the First Degree Programme should compulsorily register online before the closure of registration, irrespective of the category (General /SEBC/ BPL/ SC/ST/ Community /Management / Candidates from Union Territory of Lakshadweep/Jammu and Kashmir/Tamil Linguistic Minority/Inmates of Government Children’s Home / Persons with disabilities/ widows /wards of Armed Forces Personnel, killed or disabled in action during peace time/ Sports etc.) to which he/she belongs.
The candidates who wish to apply for a First Degree Programme in a Self-financing College which do not participate in the online Centralised Allotment Process shall also register online before the closure of registration.
The allotment of the candidates to the various Programmes and Colleges will be on the basis of merit strictly following the rules and regulations regarding reservation. The marks at the Plus Two/Higher Secondary level would be the basic criteria for admission to the First Degree Programme.
Remitting of fee
Fee to be paid to the University on allotment
On securing admission, the under mentioned University fee has to be remitted by the Candidates in any branch of State Bank of Travancore using the special Chalan of Kerala university available in the ‘Allotment Details’ page of valid applicant’s homepage in the website (http://admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. The original pay-in-slip (University’s Copy) from the bank should be produced in the college at the time of admission. The candidate without the original pay-in-slip will not be allowed to join the college. The candidates should keep the original pay-in-slip after verification in the college. It will be required for further allotment, if any.
Fee details for General candidates are shown below
SC/ST candidates shall claim the refund of fees from the SC/ST Welfare Board. Colleges are requested to collect fee due to them directly from the candidates.
Note: The Registration Fee & University Fee once remitted will not be refunded.
Application forms for Matriculation and Recognition are to be collected from the candidates and submitted to the University along with the University copy of the chalan of admission fee.
The fee due to the University for the Programme will have to be remitted in any branch of State Bank of Travancore using the special Chalan of Kerala University available in the ‘Allotment’ page of valid applicant’s homepage in the website (http://admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. The original pay-inslip from the bank should be produced in the college at the time of admission. The candidate without the original pay-in-slip will not be allowed to join the college. The candidates should keep the original pay-in-slip after verification in the college. It will be required for further allotment, if any.
Note: The University fee once remitted will not be refunded.
Candidates SHALL NOT remit the fee in any other form like Demand Draft, Cheque etc.
Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date specified and in the specified method vide Clause 8.2.1 will lose their current allotment as well as the eligibility for further allotments.
SC/ST/OEC candidates, who get allotment, shall remit a total amount Rs.600 (Rs.200 towards eligibility fee, Rs.100 towards matriculation fee and Rs.300 towards Recognition fee) as described under Clause
Fee remitted by way of Demand Draft/Cheque/etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Post Allotment Activities:
Reporting at the College:
Candidates who get allotment will have to report before the Principal/Head of the College/Institution concerned for admission on the dates notified, with the following documents:
- Print out of completed online application generated by the Candidate.
- Fee receipt (Original copy) towards Registration fee
- Allotment Memo (Latest)
- Original marklist of the qualifying examination
- Fee Receipt(Original Copy)towards special fee affiliation, matriculation, recognition, eligibility fee
- Certificate to prove date of birth
- TC from the Institution last attended
- Course & Conduct Certificate
- Original Community Certificate/BPL Certificate
- Income certificate in the case of SEBC/ OEC candidates.
- Original certificates to prove the claim for grace marks, if any.
- Eligibility certificate from the University of Kerala in case of candidates who have passed qualifying examination other than HSE/ VHSE conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and ISE.
- Any other relevant certificate for any claim made in the application.
Verification of Documents:
The Principal/Head of the Institution shall be personally responsible for verification and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission in the College/Institution. The candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria at the time of online registration and all relevant documents shall be submitted at the respective colleges during the time of admission.
All candidates securing admission to the FDP should compulsorily remit the university fees (General-1360/-,SC/ST-600/-)in any branch of SBT by down loading the admission fee chalan
- Failure to report for Admission: Candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed date will lose their admission. They will not be considered for any further regular allotments under any stream.
- Candidates have the freedom to change their password, however they should take note of the password and application number carefully for future login.
- Application of candidates who do not register their personal and academic data online and who do not give their options online within the time schedule will not be considered for allotment. No opportunity will be given to incorporate any details after the last date of submission of application. Late or defective application will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Any kind of false information will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Any boards, where the grades are awarded instead of marks, the candidates should enter the corresponding marks, while entering the academic data.
- No rounding of marks / percentage to the nearest whole number will be permitted.
- The University will not entertain any request for change of the dates of Online Centralized Allotment.
- Any other item not specifically covered in this prospectus will be decided by the University and that decision shall be final.
- Preventive measure against ragging: If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admission shall be refused or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution.
|BA||BSC||BCOM / BCA / BBA / BSW|
|1 BA Arabic
2 BA English & Communicative English
3 BA Economics
4 BA English
5 BA Hindi
6 BA History
7 BA Islamic History
8 BA Malayalam
9 BA Malayalam and Mass Communication
10 BA Philosophy
11 BA Political Science
12 BA Sanskrit
13 BA Sanskrit (Special Nyaya)
14 BA Sanskrit (Vyakarana)
15 BA Sanskrit(Jyothisha)
16 BA Sanskrit(Sahithya)
17 BA Sanskrit(Vedanda)
18 BA Sociology
19 BA Tamil
20 BA Journalism and Mass Comm & Video Production
21 BA Music
22 BA Honours in English Language & Literature
23 BA Communicative Arabic
|24 BSc Psychology
25 BSc Bio Chemistry
26 BSc Biotechnology
27 BSc Botany
28 BSc Botany and Biotechnology
29 BSc Chemistry
30 BSc Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry
31 BSc Computer Science
32 BSc Electronics
33 BSc Env. Science & Env. & Water Mgmt
34 BSc Geography
35 BSc Geology
36 BSc Home Science
37 BSc Biochemistry and Industrial Microbiology
38 BSc Mathematics
39 BSc Physics
40 BSc Physics and Computer Application
41 BSc Polymer Chemistry
42 BSc Statistics
43 BSc Zoology
44 BSc Hotel Management and Catering Science
|45 BCom Refer prospectus for elective subjects in each college
46 BCom Commerce & Tax Procedures and Practice
47 BCom Commerce & Tourism and Travel Management
48 BCom Commerce with Computer Application
49 BCom Travel and Tourism
50 BCom Hotel Management and Catering
51 BCom Finance
52 BCom Co-operation
53 BCom Computer Application54 BCA
55 BBA Business Administration
56 BSW Bachelor of Social Work