Lucknow University UG Admission 2014
University of Lucknow Admission 2014 for various Courses. Application Form is common for all courses. Information regarding courses, number of seats, reservation policy & fee structure etc. are given below.
Lucknow University UG Admission 2014 Quick Links
- Application Form
- Information Brochure (Fee & Seats)
- Result and Merit List
- Allotment List – New
Lucknow University UG Admission Important Information
All the selected candidates will report to the respective Dean office in the University along with the self attested photocopies of the following documents–
- Allotment letter
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of Address
- Cast certificate
- Weitage certificate
- Gap Certificate*
*If there is a gap in taking admission after Intermediate, then a certificate by the Notary on Rs. 10.00 Stamp paper has to be submitted at the time of of reporting in the university.
If you want benefit of reservation or zero fees, then give the details of the related certificates during the filling of the Online application form. No candidate will get the permission for any change in weightage or reservation after the form is submitted.
After declaration of the merit list a copy of the list will be displayed on the University website. The candidate himself/herself will find his/her merit number from the merit list. The merit list will not be published in the newspaper.
The Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates, having valid cast certificate issued by an appropriate authority of Government of Uttar Pradesh,will only be given the benefit of reservation.
All fees deposited at the time of registration will not be refunded under any circumstances.
As directed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court, action will be taken against the students who indulge in incidence like ragging during studentship.
Order of Merit will be determined as follows:-
- In the Faculties of Arts, Commerce Law, and Science, Under Graduate students for the Session 2014-15 shall be admitted on the basis of total marks obtained in the qualifying examinations.
- In order to remove disparity that exists between the marks awarded to the candidates by different examining authorities/boards in the country, a system of “Normalization” will be adopted. Under the normalization procedure statistically the first rank student of one board will be equal to that of the first rank of the other board. As such the first rank student of each board will be considered to have obtained 100% marks and the aggregate marks of all other students from that board will be normalized with reference to the aggregate marks obtained by the first rank student of the board. For example, if the aggregate marks of the first rank student of a board is 94%, his normalized aggregate is 100% and if a student from the same board has obtained 88% marks, then his normalized percentage will be (88×100)/94=93.61% . The University shall procure on its own the percentage of marks obtained by first rank student of the Central Board of Secondary Education, Council of Indian School Certificate and U.P. Board. All other Boards will be treated at par with I.S.C. for the purpose of normalization of marks.
- The percentage shall be calculated up to three figures after decimal point.
If two or more candidates have secured equivalent marks/rank in the merit Index, then the merit for admission will be determined as follows:-
- If the Intermediate marks are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at High School or equivalent examination
- If the marks obtained at the Intermediate and High School or equivalent examination are the same, then in that case the older candidate will be given priority.
- The subject choices of the selected applicants ( only those who have deposited their fee and secured admission ) will be upgraded before considering the waiting list.
The candidate shall be entitled to weightages (if any) on the merit
The reservation shall be given as permissible under the Uttar Pradesh Government / University Rules.
In case of students seeking admission to the Faculty of Law, he/she shall not be allowed to simultaneously register for a Law degree program with any other graduate or post graduate degree/diploma or even a certificate course run by the University of Lucknow or any other University or an Institute for academic or professional learning.
If the candidate has passed out from Hindi Sahitya Sammelan, Prayag, Allahabad or Nadwa College, Lucknow and has not passed Intemediate with English language then he/she will not be eligible for admission.
All foreign students seeking admission in the University are compulsorily required to have knowledge of Hindi or English language. Medium of study in University is Hindi and English.
Weightage: The final merit of the candidates bearing the Outstanding sports person/ N.C.C “B” certificate will be determined in the merit list by adding 5% of the total marks obtained by him/her in the combined merit.
For admission to the Faculty of Law
For admission to L.L.B. (Hons.) course, the candidates belonging to the General category and OBC should not be above 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of the admission. However SC/ST candidates should not be above 22 years of age.
For the students taking admission to the L.L.B. (Hons.) course there shall be no lateral entry on the plea of graduation in any subject or exit by way of awarding a degree splitting the course at any intermediary stage of the course.
Entrance Examination for courses of Faculty of Fine Arts
- The Entrance Test of the B.V.A./ B.F.A., all Diploma and Certificate courses will be based on practical and written examination. There will be three parts of the examination:-
- Object Drawing in pencil with light and shade 100 Marks
- Memory drawing in pencil 100 Marks
- Written examination 50 objective type questions related with Art and general awareness. 100 Marks
- For all Degree (B.V.A./B.F.A.) Courses there will be one entrance examination. The subject can be opted according to merit at the time of counseling.
- For all Diploma & Certificate courses there will be one entrance examination. The subject can be opted according to merit at the time of counseling.
Calendar for Admission Test- 2014-15
- Degree courses (B.V.A./B.F.A.) 25.06.2014 9.00 A.M. to 2 P.M. – 26.06.2014
- Diploma/Certificate courses – 26.06.2014
- Merit List Declaration – 01.07.2014
- Counseling – 08.07.2014 (Degree Courses) & 09.07.2014 (Diploma Courses)
- Candidate has to bring pencils and Drawing Board.
- Merit list will be declared on 1st July, 2014 on Lucknow University Website & College Notice Board.
- Candidates applying for the courses in the Faculty of Fine Arts have to report to the college of fine arts, university of Lucknow with a print out of their application form and all other eligibility documents (mark sheets, caste certificate, income certificate) at least 30 minutes before the start of the examination time.