MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS – DTE Maharashtra conducts the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for MBA and MMS programmes. The MBA/MMS CET is held in the online mode. MAH MBA CET 2016 is a state level MBA entrance exam. B Schools in Maharashtra offer MBA, MMS, PGDBA, PGDBM admission through MAH CET for MBA scores and result. Candidates of Maharashtra as well as outside Maharashtra can appear in the exam. To be eligible for MBA admission in Maharashtra, it is necessary to get a non zero score in the exam.
|Registration for MAH-MBA/MMS CET 2016 to begin on||Expected in February 2016|
|Last date to apply online for MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS||Expected in March 2016, first week|
|Issue of Admit Card / Hall Ticket through candidate’s login of successfully registered candidates.||Expected in March 2016, first week|
|Date of MAH MBA CET 2016||Expected in March 2016, second week|
|Declaration of the result of MAH MBA/MMS CET 2016||Expected in March 2016, last week|
A large number of MBA aspirants appear in this exam as can be concluded from the fact that 57012 candidates had taken the MAH MBA CET exam last year.
MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS – MAH MBA CET 2016
- MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS – DTE Maharashtra conducts the common entrance test for MBA / MMS each year in the online mode.
- MAH MBA CET 2016 notification is expected to be released in the first week of February, 2016.
- Admission to participating colleges will be based on the MAH MBA CET 2016 Result.
- To get an idea of the scores needed for admission, go through past year MAH CET MBA / MMS Cut Offs – Click Here for Cut Off Merit of CAP Round-II for admission to first year of Two Years Full-Time Post Graduate Degree Course in Management viz . MBA/MMS & Post-Graduate Diploma Courses in Management viz. PGDBM/PGDM.
Being an extremely popular Management Entrance Exam, several candidates have started preparing for MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS and are looking for information about this exam. To help such candidates get an idea of MAH MBA CET 2016 date, exam pattern, application form submission, admit card download, result declaration and other details, information is given on this page as per last year’s information brochure.
The information given here and in following pages related to MAH MBA CET 2016 is for reference purpose only and is subject to change. As soon as DTE Maharashtra releases the notification and information brochure of MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS, information on this page will be updated.
Maharashtra colleges accepting MAH MBA CET scores.
The following colleges took admission on the basis of MAH MBA CET Result in the previous admission session.
|University||Number of B-schools accepting MAH CET scores and cutoffs.|
|SNDT Women’s University||1|
|North Maharashtra University||10|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University||19|
|S. R. T. Marathwada University||9|
|Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University||11|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||55|
MAH CET 2016 for MBA / MMS Application Form
Interested candidates can fill and submit the application form of MAH MBA CET 2016. Steps for applying through MAH CET 2016 MBA application form online will be announced when the information brochure is released. Last year the following steps were to be followed to submit MAH MBA CET application form.
- Go to http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/.
- Click on “Apply Online” and Fill up and submit the personal details, qualification details, latest photo and options for CET Centers.
- Verify the correctness of the information filled. In case of any correction, the candidate can do it online before confirmation.
- Confirm Application by paying applicable fees by echallon or by e payment.
- Online system shall generate the Hall Ticket for CET and will be made available in candidates login as per schedule (if applicable).
Application fee was as follows last year.
|General Category Maharashtra State, Out side Maharashtra State and J&K Migrant candidates||Rs 1000|
|Reserved Category & Physically Handicapped Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only (i.e. Candidates having relevant backward class Caste Certificate and other applicable certificates issued by Maharashtra State authorities)||Rs 800|
MAH MBA CET 2016 Notification
Official notification of MAH MBA CET (2015) is given below.
MAH CET for MBA / MMS Eligibility Criteria
Last year the following eligibility criteria was used for MAH MBA CET.
Eligibility criteria – as per notification issued on Feb 13, 2015.
- Candidate must have passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA ( 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor’s degree awarded of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities by any of the recognized Universities, or
- Possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. (Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET)
- The admission to the management courses viz. MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM is centralized and covered under Centralized Admission Process (CAP) carried out by the Competent Authority of the State of Maharashtra.
- The admission to the PGDM courses will be carried out by the Competent Authority. The details about the institutions offering PGDM courses & participating in CAP will be notified before the start of the filling of Option form.
- Candidates who have appeared for CAT (conducted by IIMs)/ GMAT (conducted by GMAC, USA)/ CMAT (Conducted by AICTE)/ MAT (conducted by AIMA in February)/ XAT (conducted by XLRI)/ ATMA (conducted by AIMS)/ MAH-MBA/MMS-CET are considered to be eligible for admission against the All India Seats subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Such candidates are also required to fill & confirm online Application form as per the schedule.
MAH MBA CET 2016 pattern of exam, syllabus, and sample paper.
The MBA entrance exam was held in online mode last year. There were 200 multiple choice questions. Language of exam was English. Total duration of exam was 2.5 hours. There was no negative marking. Details of MBA CET 2016 pattern wil be published in the information brochure.
Past year MAH CET for MBA / MMS exam pattern was as follows.
|Number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Duration of exam||2.5 hours|
|Language of MAH MBA CET question paper||English|
Sample paper – Download MAH CET MBA MMS exam sample paper.
Instructions for exam – as issued in past year information brochure. New pattern, with changes if any, will be updated in February 2016.
- MAH-MBA/MMS CET was conducted online at the selected examination centers. There were 200 multiple choice objective type questions (MCQs).
- MAH-MBA/MMS CET was conducted in two or more sessions depending upon the number of applications registered. Competent Authority, using standardized equi-percentile method, equated scores across sessions.
- Aspiring candidates were to note that, the tests are not disclosed to anybody else other than the candidates only during the examination. The test papers are also not shared with anybody even after the examination.
- The question paper for the CET was set in English only. Translations in any languages were not available.
- The CET was of 2 & 1/2 (Two & Half) hours duration and had a maximum of 200 marks.
- The CET was held in multiple sessions.
- The CET did not have negative marking.
- There was no verification of marks or revaluation of answer of the CET.
- The marks at the CET were considered for admission during the current academic year only and would not be allowed to be carried forward to the next year.
- The detailed information and the instructions about the CET and a few sample questions illustrating the nature, variety, scope, pattern, type of questions that will be set for the CET were given in Annexure VI.
- The cities in which CET was conducted were designated as centre for the CET. Each centre had several venues depending upon the number of candidates due to appear at that centre. A candidate applying for the CET would have the freedom to choose his/her centre but shall not have freedom to choose the venue.
- Use of calculators, slide rules, log tables or other such arithmetic aids and cellular phone, pager etc. was not allowed. Instructions sent to to candidates with the application receipt, books, notes etc. were also not allowed. If candidate had brought any of these, they were to be left with the invigilator.