MT CET 2015 is the Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test for Pharmacy. The online entrance examination MT CET 2015 for the admission to all Pharmacy degree courses in State of Maharashtra for the academic year 2015-2016 shall be conducted by the Competent Authority appointed by Government of Maharashtra on 25th and 26th April 2015, in the State of Maharashtra. Official notification regarding the same is now available. Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test is the exam for admission in four year degree course in Pharmacy, and six year full time integrated course in PharmD. Get here complete details of MT CET 2015.
MT CET 2015 – Maharashtra CET Pharmacy 2015
Candidates seeking admission to first year of B. Pharmacy are required to appear for Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test (MT-CET) conducted by Director, Technical Education, Mumbai (DTE).
|Commencement of form submission||March 26, 2015|
|Last date for online registration at web site www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/ph2015||April 5, 2015|
|MT CET 2015 admit card||April 20, 2015|
|Date of exam||April 25 and 26, 2015|
|MT CET 2015 resl=ult||May 6, 2015|
|Seat No. Starting with||Morning session||Afternoon session|
|Reporting Time||09.15 am||02.15 pm|
|Examination Timing||10.00 am – 1.00 pm||03.00 pm – 06.00 pm|
|Reporting Time||09.15 am||02.15 pm|
|Examination Timing||10.00 am – 12.00 pm||03.00 pm – 05.00 pm|
|Reporting Time||10.15 am||03.15 pm|
|Examination Timing||11.00 am – 1.00 pm||04.00 pm – 06.00 pm|
Eligible candidates are required to fill in the MT CET Online Application Form for Maharashtra centralized admission to pharmacy (CAP) and confirm it at application receipt centers (ARCs). Merit list of candidates is displayed on website www.dte.org.in. Candidates will be able to download MT CET 2015 Hall Ticket through candidates login of successfully registered candidates from 20/04/2015. MT CET 2015 Result will be announced on the official website on 06/05/2015 at 5.00PM.
MT CET 2015 Exam Pattern
- MT CET 2015 will be conducted online at all examination centers which will include multiple choice objective type questions (MCQs).
- The exam comprises of 3 papers viz (i)Biology, (ii)Physics & Chemistry, (iii)Mathematics with 50 multiple choice objective type questions carrying 2 marks each. Each Paper shall be of 100 Marks and 1 hour duration.
- The questions asked in the MT CET 2015 will have 4 options and no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Each correct answer will carry 2 marks. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks. The question paper for the MT CET 2015 will be in English only. Translations in any other languages will not be available.
Syllabus for MT CET 2015 comprising papers shown above shall be of HSC (12th Std) Maharashtra State Board Secondary & Higher Secondary Education.
Maharashtra CET Pharmacy Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for Maharashtra State Candidates and Outside Maharashtra State Candidates for admission to first year of degree course in Pharmacy
- Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the HSC (Std.XII) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology /Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject. AND
- Secured minimum 45 % marks (minimum 40 % marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject added together (Maximum of marks obtained in Mathematics/ Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject shall be considered for the purpose of addition). AND
- Obtained a non zero score in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology added together at MT-CET 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign National / PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries/Children of NRI
Candidate should have passed the HSC (Std.XII) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject and secured minimum 45% marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject added together (Maximum of marks obtained in Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject shall be considered for the purpose of addition).
Note – The eligibility of the candidates passing the HSC (Std. XII) or its equivalent examination from a school/college/Examination Board situate outside India shall be further decided by the University Authorities to which the candidate is admitted. Hence such candidates are advised to get their eligibility verified by the respective University Authorities before seeking admission to the Pharmacy degree course in the State of Maharashtra. The candidate belonging to this type Stated in rule 2.2, is not required to appear for the MT CET 2015.
Eligibility criteria for Candidates who are sons/daughters of Defence Service Personnel, Candidates who are Persons with Disability and Candidates who have passed/passing Diploma in Pharmacy and seeking admission to First Year of Pharmacy is given in the information brochure (below).
Rounding off of percentage of marks for deciding eligibility for admission.
In case percentage, marks (converted out of 100) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subjects added together at HSC (std.XII), comes in fraction then percentage of marks shall be rounded off as explained in the example for the purpose of deciding the eligibility of the candidate. Example: – If the percentage of marks comes out to be 39.50% to 39.99% then it shall be rounded to 40% and if the percentage of marks comes out to be 39.01% to 39.49% then it shall be rounded to 39%.
In case the maximum marks in individual subject is other than 100, convert the marks out of 100 for individual subject but do not round off these marks. If the sum of the converted marks of three individual subjects without rounding off works out to be a figure with fraction then fraction up to two decimal places shall only be considered and the percentage of marks shall be calculated considering maximum marks as 300 and, If the percentage comes in fraction, rounding off shall be done as given in rule No. 2.6 to decide the eligibility.
If letter grades are assigned instead of marks at SSC, HSC or its equivalent examination the candidate must obtain the certificate of conversion of letter of grades into marks from the competent authority where from the candidate has passed the examination. The candidate should produce such certificate at the time of submission of application form. The Eligibility shall be decided based on the equivalent marks submitted by such candidates.
If the candidate reappears for the qualifying examination (Std. XII or its equivalent) with all subjects then the marks obtained in the latest examination will only be considered for determining the eligibility criterion.
Allocation and Reservation of Seats
Breakup of the seats available for admission through CAP for all types of institutes and seats available for Institute level admission/Seats for Minority community is shown below.
Reservations: All the reservations given below shall be applicable to candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria specified by respective authorities from time to time.
For Information regarding Type of candidature, Type of Seats, Reservation, please refer the the information bulletin given below.
MT CET 2015 Merit List
Each eligible Maharashtra State Candidate who has appeared for MT-CET 2015 and obtained a non zero score in MT-CET 2015 and submitted application form on or before the last date prescribed for the submission of Application Form for Admission to Pharmacy through CAP will be assigned a provisional merit number.
Merit of all eligible Maharashtra State candidates will be based on the MT-CET 2015 score (out of 200 marks) only; relative merit in case of a tie (i.e. equal marks in MT-CET 2015) shall be resolved as per rule.
OMS candidates should note that, a separate merit list of all eligible OMS candidates shall be prepared based on the MT-CET 2015 score (out of 200 marks) only, relative merit in case of a tie (i.e. equal marks in MT-CET 2015) shall be resolved as per rules of Relative merit in case of a tie.
Note: Merit list of Maharashtra State Candidates so prepared shall indicate a State level General Merit No., State level Category Merit no. (As applicable), Home University General Merit No., Home University Category Merit no. (As applicable) etc. Assignment of a Merit number does not indicate or ensure admission to any seat.
MT CET 2015 Counselling
This section briefly explains the various stages and procedure adopted for the CAP. Candidates seeking admission to Pharmacy courses are required to appear for MT-CET 2015conducted by the respective Competent Authority.
For the academic year 2015-16, Competent Authority shall conduct total Three (3) rounds of Centralized Admission. The CAP shall consist of first two (2) rounds of Centralized Allotment wherein eligible candidates (both Maharashtra and OMS) will fill separate/fresh Online Option forms for each round. Third round of CAP shall be conducted by way of counseling only for the eligible Maharashtra State candidates.
Major Steps in the CET and Admission through CAP are summarized below:-
- Fill in and Submit Application Form for MT-CET 2015
- Appear for the MT CET 2015 as per the schedule
- Declaration of the result of MT CET 2015
- Document Verification, Fill in the Online Application Form for Centralized Admission to Pharmacy i.e. CAP and Confirm it at the Application form Receipt Centers (ARCs) by eligible MT CET 2015 qualified candidates
- Display of Merit List of candidates who have confirmed the online Application Form for Centralized Admission to Pharmacy on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/ph2015.
- Fill in and confirm the Online Option Form(s) for CAP Round(s) I/II (by candidate eligible to participate in these CAP rounds) on the website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/ph2015.
- Display of Allotment(s) of respective CAP Round(s) I/II on the website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/ph2015.
- Reporting to respective Institutes as per allotment of CAP Round(s) I/II.
- Conduction of CAP Round-III by counseling and Reporting to respective Institute.
MT CET 2015 Information Brochure
This brochure gives the rules and information regarding the distribution of seats under various heads i.e. Home University (HU), Outside Home University (OHU), Institute Level seats, Minority seats, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS) seats etc.; details of the Reservation and provision of seats, Fees concession offered to eligible candidates, details of the Centralized Admission Process (CAP), details of the Admission rounds, Institute wise Information, etc.