MT CET 2016 is the Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test for Pharmacy. The online entrance examination MT CET 2016 for the admission to all Pharmacy degree courses in State of Maharashtra for the academic year 2016-2017 shall be conducted by the Competent Authority appointed by Government of Maharashtra, in the State of Maharashtra. Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test is the exam for admission in four year degree course in Pharmacy, and six year full time integrated course in PharmD. Get here complete details of MT CET 2016
MT CET 2016 – Maharashtra CET Pharmacy 2016
Candidates seeking admission to first year of Pharmacy and Direct Second year of Pharmacy are required to appear for Maharashtra Technical Common Entrance Test (MT CET) conducted by Director, Technical Education, Mumbai (DTE).
Schedule of Activities for Admission to First Year of Under Graduate Technical Courses in B.Pharmacy & Pharm.D for the Academic Year 2016-17
|Events||First Date||Last Date|
|Online registration of application for admission through computer connected to
Internet on the website for Maharashtra State/All India candidates.
|Documents verification, updating and confirmation of Application Form
for Admission in person at Facilitation Center(FC).
Up to 5.00PM
|Display of the provisional merit lists on website.||23/06/2016|
|Submission of grievance, if any, at FC||24/06/2016||25/06/2016
Up to 5.00PM
|Display of the final merit lists for all types of candidates on website.||28/06/2016|
MT CET 2016 Merit List
Provisional Merit Status for Admission to First Year of Under Graduate Technical Courses in B.Pharmacy & Pharm.D for the Academic Year 2016-17 has been published. Kindly Enter Your Application ID and Date of Birth to see your Provisional Merit Status. The direct link to check the same is provided below for the candidates.
MT CET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
First Year – Pharmacy
Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates and All India Candidature Candidates
- The candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology and obtained at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together ;
- Obtained Score in MHT-CET 2016.
Direct Second Year (Lateral Entry) – Pharmacy
For Maharashtra State Candidature Candidate and All India Candidature Candidate
- The Candidate should be an Indian National
- Passed Diploma Course in Pharmacy with at least 45% marks (at least 40% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) from an All India Council for Technical Education or Pharmacy Council of India or Central or State Government approved Institution or its equivalent.
These seats are allotted by the Competent Authority as per inter-se merit. For this purpose the Competent Authority shall invite applications, prepare a separate merit list for this category by following the same criteria as for Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates. In the event of non-availability of students in this category the same shall not be given to any other category of applicants.
Centralised Admission Procedure (CAP)
The Unaided Private Professional Educational Institution shall admit Candidates through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) as referred in sub-section (3) of section 3 of the Act. The Government, Government Aided and University Department shall also admit the candidates through CAP. The stages of CAP shall be as stated below,-
- Display or Publishing of Information Brochure by the Competent Authority. The Information Brochure shall be published on the website of the Competent Authority and the hard copy shall also be provided to candidates on producing the original Hall Ticket of the CET conducted by Competent Authority or at the time of purchasing the Application Kit for Admission.
- Filling Online Application Form by Candidate for participation in the Centralised Admission Process.
Allotment of seats by CAP Round I, II, III and IV
- All the CAP Rounds (CAP Round I, II, III and IV) shall be conducted by computerised allotment.
- In CAP Round I, II and III, the Stages I to III of rule 10 of these rules shall be executed.
- If the seat remains vacant due to non-allotment and non-reporting for admission, such seat will be considered for allotment in subsequent round.
- For the CAP Round-IV, the Stage-I to IX of rule 10 of these rules shall be executed.
- For First Year of Engineering and Technology Admissions, the Diploma candidates and Bachelor of Science candidates shall be considered for allotment only in stage IX of CAP round IV.
For more detail of Maharashtra CET Pharmacy 2016 – Download Information Brochure.