MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 – MGIMS conducted its PMT on 17th April 2016. Now, as per Hon’ble Supreme Court of India order and Govt. of India ordinance, eligibility of candidate for MBBS Admission 2016-2017 shall be based on their NEET 2016 scores.
Latest Updates –
- Merit List of eligible candidates for 1st counselling of MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 has been announced. Check ‘Result’ link below.
- 1st counselling schedule or details has been announced. Check ‘Counselling’ link below.
MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 through NEET
Candidates who have appeared for MGIMS PMT in 2016, and also those who wish to seek admission to MGIMS should apply online along with their NEET 2016. All the candidates will be selected through NEET 2016 merit only.
After the introduction of NEET 2016, the admission to MBBS course in Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences will be granted on the basis of NEET 2016 Score.
Important dates of the MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 is given below.
|Declaration of Result of NEET (Likely)||17 Aug 2016|
|1st Round of Counselling/Admission||03 Sep 2016 to 04 Sep 2016|
|2nd Round of Counselling/Admission||09 Sep 2016 to 10 Sep 2016|
|Commencement of the academic session||16 Sep 2016|
- Application Form
MGIMS Wardha Previous Years Solved Papers Cut Offs Rank Predictor
MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 Eligibility
A candidate will be eligible for admission to First year M.B.B.S. course of MGIMS on fulfillment of following conditions:
- The candidate must have qualified in the NEET 2016.
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- A candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December, 2016. The S.S.C. or equivalent examination certificate clearly endorsing the date of birth will only constitute valid proof of the date of birth of the candidate.
- The candidate should be medically fit to undergo the professional course. He/She will have to undergo a medical examination at Kasturba Hospital of MGIMS during the time of admission.
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or an equivalent examination of any recognized Indian Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in first attempt.
- General category candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and he/she should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in first attempt.
- Constitutional reservation: Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Vimukta Jati (V.J.), Nomadic Tribe (N.T.) and Other Backward Class (O.B.C) including Special Backward Class (SBC) should have obtained not less than 40% of total aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying Examination. He/she must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in first attempt
- Physically Handicapped candidates: must secure a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and he/she should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in first attempt.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to see that he/she possesses the required qualification for admission to M.B.B.S. course. In case any lacuna is found after admission and enrolment is denied by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, to which the Institute is affiliated, the Institute shall not be responsible for any loss, direct or indirect to the student on this account.
MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 Seats
The Institute admits 100 students (50% students from Maharashtra and 50% students from rest of the country (Outside Maharashtra). The breakup of allotted seats at MGIMS and rules of admission/ admission procedure and also the code and conduct of the Institute is given on information brochure given below.
MGIMS MBBS 2016 Merit List
Merit list as per NEET score 2016 has been displayed on the MGIMS website (www.mgims.ac.in). The dates for verification of certificates for selected candidates and waitlisted candidates will also be displayed on the website of MGIMS. The candidates are advised to visit the website daily for updated information.
Determination of Merit
Merit shall be determined on the basis of NEET eligibility score of the year of admission.
In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to MBBS/BDS Courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs terms the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
The intersemerit of candidates for tie-breaking
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the NEET 2016, the intersemerit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the Test.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the Test
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
MGIMS MBBS 2016 Selection Procedure
- The eligibility list based on NEET merit is expected to be announced by the 29 Aug 2016, on MGIMS website.
- The complete list of all the eligible candidates will be prepared category wise and selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit within each category.
- Merit list with 6 times the number of seats in each category will be available on our website www.mgims.ac.in.
- In case the published merit list in any category is exhausted and the seats are still vacant, they will be filled in by the candidates from the complete merit list prepared for all eligible candidates.
For more details of MGIMS MBBS Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.