- Date and Time of Entrance Test 15.06.2014 (2:00 – 3.45PM)
- Venue of Entrance Test: Ambala, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jalandhar, Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow
MMUCET 2014 Quick Links
MMUCET 2014 Important Information
MMUCET 2014 Details
Duration of Courses
- MBBS course is of four and a half years duration which is followed by compulsory rotatory internship of one year.
- BDS course is of five years duration including compulsory rotatory internship of one year .
Exam Centres: In case the number of candidates opting for appearing at any particular Examination Centre is less than 500, such an Examination Centre is liable to be cancelled by shifting the candidates of such a centre to their next choice of centre. No request for change of Examination Centre shall be entertained. The Centre in which a candidate is to appear will be indicated on the Admit Card to be issued to the candidate. No candidate will be admitted in Examination Hall unless he/she produces the Admit Card.
Medium of Entrance Test: English
Construction of Test Paper: The paper will include objective type questions (30 each from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology). There will be a total of 120 objective type questions. The paper shall carry a maximum of 360 marks. Only objective type questions will be included in the Entrance Test.
Marking of Paper: For each correct response, the candidate will get full credit. Each incorrect response will be negatively marked and the candidate will get one-third discredit for it. For example, where one correct response/answer fetches the candidate three marks, then in the case of an incorrect/wrong answer the candidate will be awarded minus one mark.
- The candidates selected in counselling for admission will report to the respective colleges for medical examination and deposition of fee on the dates fixed by the Counselling Board. The standard of physical fitness required for admission will be determined by the said Board. The candidature of candidates found medically unfit will be liable to be cancelled.
- Selected Physically Handicapped candidates will also have to appear before the Medical Board for assessment whether they are fit to carry out the duties despite being handicapped. The decision of the Medical Board shall be final.
MMUCET 2014 Counselling
- The Counselling for Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses will be held at MMU Mullana on a date to be notified on the website of the University and in the same newspapers in which admission notice was published.
- Apart from the Entrance Test that the candidates will be required to take, the selected candidates will also be required to appear before the Counselling Board to be appointed by the Competent Authority. No relaxation will be given to the candidates who are not willing to appear before the Counselling Board on the fixed dates.
- Any vacant/left out seats after the counselling will be filled on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination.
Note: If two or more candidates secure identical marks in the Entrance Test, their relative merit will be determined by the total marks obtained by them in +2 examination. In case the marks in +2 examination are also identical, the candidate older in age will be preferred.
MMUCET 2014 Admission
- The candidates will be required to exercise their choice for the institution and the course at the time of Counselling. The allotment of the seats shall be made according to the merit and preference exercised by the candidates at the time of Counselling. Option once exercised shall be final. If a candidate does not get institution/course of his /her choice, he/she may opt to be wait-listed. If a candidate opts for a course and institution before the Counselling Board and fails to join the concerned course/college, his/her candidature will stand cancelled and such candidate will not be allowed to exercise his/her option at the next Counselling, if held, even if he/she had been waitlisted for some course/college.
- Candidates who fail to attend the Medical Examination on the notified date(s) will forfeit the claim for admission and placement in the waiting list in order of merit.
- On the failure of the selected candidates to report for admission, the vacancies caused would be filled by candidates from the waiting list in order of merit.
- As decided by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India in terms of decision of the th Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the admission in all the Institutions will be completed by 30 September of the year of the admission (i.e. 30 September 2014 for the admissions of 2014)
- The name of the student(s) who remain(s) absent from classes for more than 15 days at a stretch will be struck off from the College Rolls without giving any notice.
- 6. After the counselling the remaining/left out/lapsed seats will be filled up on the basis of merit of MMUCET-2014 Entrance Test/qualifying examination.