NATA 2017 Details Announced – NATA 2017 is administered by COA. Architecture entrance exam NATA 2017 will be held on April 16, 2017 at several cities in India. Students who wish to study 5 year B.Arch programme can fill NATA Application Form 2017 issued by the Council of Architecture at nata.in. The exam conducting body will generate NATA Admit Card 2017 for applicants, which they can then download and print to appear in exam. Once the exam consisting of sections on Mathematics, General Aptitude, Drawings concludes, COA will publish NATA Result 2017. There are around 450 institutes in India that offer degree course in Architecture. Students can seek admission in these institutes using NATA 2017 scores.
NATA Official Answer Key 2017 Published – Check Here
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2017
NATA 2017 was held on a single day, in offline mode.
Schedule of NATA 2017 is given below.
|Release of notification and information brochure||15 December, 2016|
|Launch of NATA 2017 application form in online mode at nata.in||02 January , 2017|
|End of registrations|
|Candidates can upload images in online application form up until|
|Applicants can pay fee for NATA registration 2017 up until|
|Registered candidates can print confirmation page up until||28 February, 2017 | 11:59 PM|
|Opening of correction window as well as upload of correct testimonials||20 February, 2017 | 10:30 AM|
|Closing of correction window as well as upload of correct testimonials||24 February, 2017 | 11:59 PM|
|Download NATA 2017 admit card||28 March, 2017 | 10:30 AM|
|NATA 2017 exam||16 April, 2017|
|Declaration of NATA results 2017||By 10 June, 2017|
NATA Registration form can be filled and submitted online at official website NATA by paying requisite fee. NATA is offered over major part of admission season at designated test centers. Admit card is issued for National Aptitude Test in Architecture which will be held on April 16, 2017. The score cards will be available on NATA website in e-format.
Clarification on News published in HT: – In this regard, it is clarified that as per the COA Regulations of 1983, the institutions shall not give weightage of more than 50% for marks obtained in Aptitude Test for admission to B.Arch. Course. It may therefore be noted that the same rule is being followed for NATA 2017 and with regard to 10+2 score there is no change in the rule.The actual admission in B.Arch Course are offered by the competent authority of the respective State Government/ University/Institution as per the said rule, and subject to fulfilment of other requirements as specified by the concerned counseling and admission authority of the State Govt/University / Institution.
This is to further clarify that the NATA 2017 brochure does not contain any information contrary to the aforesaid rule.
Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants, for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
NATA Eligibility Criteria 2017
Eligibility criteria of NATA 2017 considers age and educational qualification. A candidate looking at study of B.Arch programme must fulfill these conditions so as to appear in exam and get admission on merit basis.
- As on 31.07.2017, you should be at least 17 years old.
- You should have either studied 10+2 or equivalent (passed / appearing) with Mathematics as one of the subjects of examination. OR
- You should have studied 10+3 Diploma (any stream) (passed / appearing) from institute recognized by Central or State Government along with Mathematics as a subject of examination. OR
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (passed / appearing), after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
The above points pertain to NATA Eligibility Criteria 2017 for taking NATA. In other words, if you satisfy above conditions then you can take NATA exam.
Furthermore, you need to fulfill some criteria in order to get B.Arch Admission. These are as follows.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in B.Arch
- You must qualify recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2017 or qualified NATA 2016.
In addition, you should have gone through any of the following curriculum and have minimum marks as mentioned.
- 10+2 / equivalent exam with Mathematics as subject; secured 50% marks.
- 10+3 Diploma along with Mathematics as a subject of examination; secured 50% marks.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; secured 50% marks.
NATA Application Form 2017
You can apply for NATA 2017 in the online mode. Whereas the process is relatively simple, you can seek help of an elder for assistance. In the NATA application form 2017 you will come across three main sections namely personal details, documents upload, fee payment.
Application fee for NATA 2017 is Rs 1250.
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS OF NATA APPLICATION FORM
For the purpose of filling up NATA application form 2017 first of all fill in personal details. Here you will enter information such as name, date of birth, education, communication details. After that you will be able to upload photograph, signature. Please keep in mind that you adhere to document specifications at time of upload. Finally you can pay fees.
After submitting NATA application form 2017 online, print confirmation page.
NATA Exam Pattern 2017
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test and MCQ based tests on Mathematics and General Aptitude.
|Date and time of exam||Subject and marks of exam|
11 AM to 2 PM
|First 90 minutes||Total 120 marks|
|Mathematics (MCQ)||20 x 2 = 40 marks (OMR based)|
|General Aptitude (MCQ)||40 x 2 = 80 marks (OMR based)|
|Last 90 minutes||Total 80 marks|
|Grand total of 200 marks||Drawing (Two Sets) in A4 size paper||40 x 2 = 80 marks|
Mathematics and General Aptitude Test
This is a 90 minutes objective type test. For every correct answer candidate gets 2 marks. There is no negative mark. However if there is a tie between candidates, then there will be penalty for wrong answers.
You need to mark answers in OMR sheet by bubbling answers using blue / black ball point pen.
This is a 90 minutes paper where candidate has to attempt two questions. Assessment of drawing aptitude will be on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
NATA Admit Card 2017
For the purpose of downloading hall ticket one needs to know Application Number and Password. A candidate after successfully submitting application form can download admit card as per schedule. On exam day, along with admit card also carry original photograph (same as uploaded in application form) and identity card.
There are identified NATA test centers in several cities in India. A list of the same is given here. In order to confirm and assign a particular center, there should be at least 250 students taking test there.
Following is the list of examination cities.
Note: Final retention of city depends on availability/requests.
** Those opting for Dubai as their first choice of Exam city need to fill up two more choices mandatorily.
- Dubai may be dropped as an exam city in case of inadequate number (less than 300) of candidates.
- The candidates allotted to exam centre in Dubai as per their first choice, will be liable to pay an additional fee of INR 7000 per candidate prior to issuance of Admit Card.
- The mode of payment of aforesaid additional fee would be notified in due course. Dubai cannot be chosen as second or third choice of exam city.
NATA Result 2017
Council of Architecture (CoA) has the responsibility of evaluating papers, calculating scores, and declaring NATA Result 2017. NATA test takers can check results online. Through result they will know about three key aspects of exam performance which are:
- Merit position
- Percentile score
NATA cut off marks 2017 refers to the qualifying marks. As per NATA information brochure 2017, the qualifying marks are given below.
|MCQ portion||25% (30 out of 120)|
|Drawing portion||25% (20 out of 80)|
|Overall qualifying marks||Will be decided by CoA based on post-exam statistics|
For more information on NATA 2017, you can download information brochure here.
If you have any queries regarding NATA, please ask in comments below.