NATA 2015 is the National Aptitude Test in Architecture. The Council of Architecture (COA) is conducting NATA 2015 over a period of around four months in various test centers. The test is so designed as to test candidate’s ability in the field of architecture. In schools / colleges of architecture accepting the National Aptitude Test in Architecture test scores, admission in B.Arch will be offered on the basis of score and merit in drawing test and the aesthetic sensitivity test. Get here complete details of NATA 2015 such as application form, appointment voucher, test centers, exam pattern, result and scores.
NATA 2015 exam dates as announced by COA states that the exam is being conducted from April 1, 2015 to May 25, 2015 and June 1, 2015 to August 21, 2015.
The test can be taken by class 10 or equivalent passed candidate. B.Arch admission shall be offered to those who have obtained at least 50% marks in class 12 or equivalent exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
|Announcement of NATA 2015 exam dates and other details||March 28, 2015|
|Registration for the exam||March 30, 2015|
|NATA 2015 exam dates||April 1, 2015 – May 25, 2015, June 1, 2015 – August 21, 2015|
|NATA 2015 result||Four days from the date of exam|
|NATA 2015 Exam Extended Last Date||Monday, August 31, 2015|
|NATA 2015 Registration Extended Last Date||Saturday, August 29, 2015|
NATA 2015 application form can be filled by eligible candidates online at www.nata.in by paying Rs 1250 as registration fees. Candidate can select a test center and date as per preference. The appointments are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Thus, it is strongly advised that one should not wait for the last moment to register for the test. Register for NATA 2015 early to get center of your choice.
Appointment voucher for NATA 2015 can be obtained at the time of registration. On the test day, candidate must carry the NATA 2015 appointment voucher along with other official identification documents. The list of allowed IDs are:
- Std XII exam admit card with photo and signature (in original) for candidates awaiting.
- 10+2 or equivalent exam results.
- Student ID card from the institute where he / she is currently enrolled AND Confirmation of identity letter from the candidate’s educational institution (in original).
NATA 2015 Test Centres have been published by the Council of Architecture. The last date for NATA would be 21st August, 2015 subject to availability. The dates on which NATA is available depends on the Test Centre. One can request for a test centre for the preferred dates.
- If the candidate is available for NATA only on a particular date (or range of dates) that a particular Test Centre is not able to give, the candidate may register at any other Test Centre throughout India that is able to administer NATA on that date / time.
- The logical last date for giving NATA for candidates seeking admission this year itself would be 5 days before the last date for submitting application for admission under a particular Admission Authority. This varies from authority to authority.
NATA 2015 Exam Pattern and Test Content
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture has been designed keeping in mind that candidate may not know much about architecture. However, his / her in built ability to visualize designs, structures, aesthetic sensitivity, and other such skills necessary for the B.Arch course are important. These skills are tested in the NATA exam. The test is divided in two parts.
NATA Drawing Test
- The drawing test is of two (2) hours duration.
- Candidate will be asked to log in to the computer system after reporting and request test.
- A question paper consisting of two questions – free hand drawing and memory sketch, will be generated and printed for the candidate.
- This paper has to be attempted on a drawing paper supplied at the NATA 2015 test centre.
NATA Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- An optional 10 minute break is given after the drawing test. This is followed by the Aesthetic Sensitivity Test for NATA 2015.
- Computer based test will be given after completing the Paper based test. It begins at log-in and ends at log-out.
Abilities tested in the Drawing test and Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural awareness.
NATA 2015 Result and Test Scores
On the fourth working day after taking the test, candidate can check the score card of NATA 2015 at www.nata.in.
Scoring process in NATA 2015
Drawing test – The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate’s drawing, imagination and observation skills.
- The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective is also evaluated together with sense for colour and composition.
- The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by a panel of three examiners independently and the marks are averaged.
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test – The computer based test is adaptive in nature. This implies that the questions asked, and the respective score will keep varying with the candidate’s answers.
- For every correct answer, the difficulty level of next question would be higher, and for incorrect answer, an easier question is asked next.
- The candidate’s score will depend on his / her performance on the questions given and on the number of questions answered in the time allotted.
A candidate may apply for admission to any of the participating institutions as per the time schedule specified by the respective appropriate admission authority, along with all the documents desired by it.
If you have any queries regarding NATA 2015, please ask in comments below.