NID Result 2017 and Merit List is announced by the National Institute of Design. Students who want to pursue B.Des or M.Des appeared for the Design Aptitude Test. Result of NID 2017 will be declared for DAT, GDPD, and can be checked online at admissions.nid.edu or results.nid.edu. Get here complete details of NID Result 2017, NID Admission 2017 Merit List.
|DAT Prelims Exam (M.Des, B.Des and GDPD)||08 Jan 2017|
|DAT Mains Exam for overseas candidates (Both M.Des and B.Des)||09 Jan to 10 Jan 2017|
|Window to challenge DAT Prelims Part I answer key||18 Jan to 20 Jan 2017|
|Uploading final answer key of DAT Prelims||27 Jan 2017|
|DAT Prelims result for M.Des||07 Feb 2017|
|DAT Prelim results for B.Des and GDPD||28 Feb 2017|
|DAT Mains for M.Des||13 Mar to 31 Mar 2017|
|DAT Mains for B.Des and GDPD in Ahmedabad||15 May to 20 May 2017|
|Merit list I for M.Des||02 May 2017|
|Merit list I for B.Des and GDPD||31 May 2017|
NID Result 2017
NID Result 2017 is based on the scores obtained in NID DAT (stage 1), separate merit lists shall be prepared for each category (General, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH). Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Studio Test (Stage 2) and Personal Interviews (stage 3).
Check NID Result 2017 here: –
Also Note: – The schedule for DAT(Mains) for B.Des & GDPD will be announced on Friday,
31 March 2017.
From the total number of applicants who have appeared for DAT, the Number of candidates to be called for Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the exam will be calculated as no less than 3 X N where ‘N’ stands for number of seats in that category for that programme or discipline.
If the total marks scored by two or more candidates in DAT (Stage 1) are same, they will be assigned the same rank.
Final Merit List
- The final merit list for each discipline of the M.Des. programme will be generated category wise, based on the sum total of the weighted scores obtained by the candidate at each stage of the admission process.
- The final merit lists for the B.Des.and GDPD programmes will be generated category wise, based on the sum total of the weighted scores obtained by the candidate at each stage of the admission process.
- The weightage of DAT Prelims and DAT Mains will be as decided by the Senate of the institute.
- Results for admission to NID for the academic year 2017–18 for M.Des., B.Des. (including overseas candidates) and GDPD will be declared only on the official admissions website (www.admissions.nid.edu) as per the schedule announced.
- The candidates’ scores and ranks will be available for viewing on the website and candidates will have to log in to the site to view their final results. Separate result scorecards will not be sent individually to the candidates.
- The scores obtained during the application process in 2017–18 cycle are valid only for admission for the academic year 2017–18. These scores cannot be used by any person/ institution without prior permission of the National Institute of Design.
Relaxation in cut-off scores for candidates from reserved categories
Candidates from reserved categories will be offered admission according to their rank in the first merit list. For the Open category, the lowest score of the last seat secured in the open category will be considered as the cut-off score for this category. Considering this as the standard of measure, cut-off scores will be relaxed for candidates from reserved categories as follows:
- OBC-NCL : 10% less than the cut off score of the Open category
- SC : 20% less than the cut off score of the Open category
- ST : 20% less than the cut off score of the Open category
- PwD : 30% less than the cut off score of the Open category