NIIT University B.Tech. Admission 2014
Early Mode of Admission: NU offers Early Admission to students who have scored ≥60% in class X exams into its prestigious B Tech and B Tech-M Tech Integrated Dual Degree programmes for the batch 2014 under an Early Admission Mode (EAD). This is offered to applicants who are appearing for their Class XII Board Examinations in March-April 2014 as also to those who have taken their Class XII Board examination not earlier than March-April 2012.
Benefits of Early Admission
- Early Admission ensures that the student can be stress free and can focus on doing well in their Class XII Board examinations.
- Students who have scored ≥80% marks in class X exams are only eligible for scholarships under the NU Scholar Search Programme.
- Students who have scored between ≥60% and <80% in class X have a chance to earn a scholarship based on their marks in Class XII or their rank / score in an entrance examination as specified in the NU Scholar Search Programme policy.
- NU supports the Early Admission candidates for their Class XII exams through the Study Smart initiative.
- Early Admission students also get access to “Head Start program” at NU, which enables them to get an early start into the B Tech programme.
There are limited seats for which admission is being granted under the Early Admission Mode. The admission will be granted on a first come first served basis to only those applicants who meet all the admission criteria.
The last date to submit application under EAD is January 31, 2014.
The Personal Counseling Interaction will be scheduled within 7 days from the date of submission of your Admission Application. PCI will be scheduled either through a face-to-face meeting or a video conference.
Selected candidates will be sent the Admission Offer via SMS, email and courier within 48 hours of PCI and be given 5 working days after receiving the email and SMS to accept the Admission Offer. It is important that the parent/guardian of the Applicant schedules a personal interaction with the Admission Committee in person or by video conference before sending the Admission Acceptance.
Based on the availability of seats, some applicants may be put on a waitlist with specific timelines.
Step 1: Purchase the Admission Application form for INR 500 either from www.niituniversity.in or from NU Admissions Offices. The Application fee can be paid either online, by cash or by Crossed Demand Draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at New Delhi.
Step 2: Submit the duly completed Admission Application form along with all the required documents, using any of the following modes:
- Online at the NU website: www.niituniversity.in. Attach scanned copies of all the required documents as specified in the application form.
- Printed copy of the form by post to NU Central Admissions Office at NIIT House, 85, Sector 32, Institutional Area, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001.
- Scanned copy emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the scanned copies of all the documents required.
- Printed copy of the form submitted in person to a duly authorized representative, details of which are available on the NU website.
Those applicants who have the Class XII score of either 2012 or 2013 should also submit a self-attested mark sheet of Class XII. If forms are submitted online, a scanned copy of all the required documents should also be attached.
Step 3: Schedule your PCI online by selecting the PCI location closest to you and the time slot most convenient for you. In case you need assistance to schedule the PCI, contact the admissions office.
Step 4: The eligible applicants undergo the PCI either face-to-face or through video conferencing on the day and time selected by them.
The following will be assessed during the PCI:
- English communication skills – written & oral
- Interest & hobbies
- Degree of self-awareness
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Reason for the choice of stream
Step 4: All eligible applicants’ parents/guardian will be invited for interaction with the NU team. The interactions can be either face-to-face or through video conferencing. The parent/guardian interaction will be scheduled either on the same day as the PCI or within 7 days of the PCI. Parents/guardian interaction is mandatory before admission acceptance.
Step 5: An Early Admission Mode (EAD) offer will be made to the selected applicants within 48 hours after the completion of PCI.
Applicants may be put on a waitlist and those who have not been selected will receive a regret letter.
Step 6: Selected candidates should submit Admission Acceptance Letter duly signed by them and their parent/guardian within 5 working days of receiving the letter along with a non-refundable EAD Acceptance fee of INR 15,000 (Rupees Fifteen thousand only). The payment can be made by cash, electronic transfer, or crossed Demand Draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at New Delhi.
Note: Non-scholarship students will be given a credit of INR 15,000 (EAD Acceptance fee), which will be adjusted at the time of the first semester/annual fee payment. This is not applicable for Scholarship students.
Step 7: By February 28, 2014, candidates have to submit a self-attested copy of the admit card of the Class XII board examination with the reference of EAD Application number.
Step 8: Candidates intimate the Class XII results to University Central Admissions Office with the reference of EAD Application number latest by June 2, 2014. In case the results of the Class XII examination are not announced by the Board then the student should inform the University’s Central Admissions Office of the delay and seek a written extension for submission of the Class XII results.
Step 9: Candidates enroll into a programme as follows:
(a) All candidates offered admission in EAD mode should pay the balance applicable fee as per the preferred payment plan i.e. Semester/Annual along with refundable interest-free security deposit by June 2, 2014.
From here their status changes from a ‘candidate’ to a ‘student’ of NU.
Step 10: Students join the University campus on July 17, 2014 to join the Head Start program and complete the First Registration formalities including submission of original mark-sheet of Class X and XII.