NIIT University B.Tech. Admission 2017 Regular Admission Mode
The B Tech Programme at NU uses the university’s four core principles: Industry-linked, Technology-based, Research-driven and Seamless, as its foundation. The B Tech Programme at NU demands and encourages the students to explore and connect with the multiple dimensions of today’s technology and business environment. Through a transformational process involving multidisciplinary courses of Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, laboratories, R&D projects, Industry Practice, in addition to other co-curricular components, the programme seeks to create exceptional leaders trained to operate in tomorrow’s complex technology-oriented business environment.
The 4-year programme comprises 8 semesters. The courses are categorized into:
- Programme Core – Humanities, Social Sciences & Management (to gain interdisciplinary knowledge)
- Professional Core (to gain proficiency in domain area)
- Basic Sciences – Mathematics & Sciences (for analytical ability)
- Professional Electives (for specialization in an industry-specific domain)
- R&D Project (to inculcate a strong research bent of mind)
- Open Elective (for student to orient himself towards his professional interests)
- Industry Practice (to build linkage with Industry-work or Industry-oriented research, seamlessness with the world of work)
NIIT University B.Tech. Admission 2017 Process
Applicants interested in seeking admissions in NU under the Admissions Mode (EAD/RAD) to either the B Tech or the B Tech-M Tech Integrated Dual Degree programme have to follow the procedure given below:
Step 1: Download the admission application form either from www.niituniversity.in or obtain it from any of the designated Admission Offices of NU. The Application fee can be paid either online or by cash or by crossed demand draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at New Delhi.
Step 2: Submit the duly completed admission application form along with all the required documents, using ANY of the following modes:
- Online at official website: niituniversity.in. Attach scanned copies of all the required documents as specified in the application form.
- Courier the printed copy of the form by post to the NU Central Admissions Office at NIIT House, 85, Sector 32, Institutional Area, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001.
- E- Mail a scanned copy to [email protected] along with the scanned copies of all the documents required.
- Submit a printed copy of the form in person to a duly authorized representative, details of which are available on our website.
- Those applicants who have the Class XII score of either 2015 or 2016 should also submit a self-attested mark sheet of Class XII. If forms are submitted online, a scanned copy of all the required documents should also be attached.
- Candidates who have applied before March 31, 2017, have to submit a self-attested copy of the admit card of the Class XII board examination with the reference of their application number.
Step 3: Schedule your PCI online by selecting the PCI location closest to you and the time slot most convenient for you. In case you need assistance to schedule the PCI, please contact the relevant admissions office.
Step 4: In the absence of JEE Main/BITSAT/SAT/Any State Engineering Entrance Examination Rank/Score, the applicant will be required to appear in the NU Engineering Test (NUET).
Step 5: The eligible applicants undergo the PCI (Personal Counseling Interaction) either face-to-face or through video conferencing on the day and time selected by them.
The following will be assessed during the PCI:
- English communication skills – written & oral
- Interest & hobbies
- Degree of self-awareness
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Reason for the choice of stream
Step 6: All eligible applicants’ parents/guardian will be invited for an interaction with the NU team. The interactions can be either face-to-face or through video conferencing. The parent/guardian interaction will be scheduled either on the same day as the PCI or within 7 days of the PCI. Parents/guardian interaction is mandatory before admission acceptance.
Step 7: An offer will be made to the selected applicants within two working Days after the completion of PCI. Applicants may be put on a waitlist and those who have not been selected, will receive a regret letter by e-mail.
Step 8: Selected candidates should submit the Acceptance Letter duly signed by them and their parent/guardian within 5 working days of receiving the letter along with a non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee: INR 20,000 under EAD.
Step 9: Applicants should intimate their Class XII results (if not intimated along with the application form) to NU Admissions Office with the reference of the application number latest by June 6, 2017. In case the results of the Class XII examination is not announced by the board, then the applicant should inform the university admissions office of the delay and seek a written extension for submission of the Class XII results.
Step 10: Candidates must submit proof (self-attested copy) of having passed the Class XII Board examination from any Indian Board or equivalent from outside India with a minimum of 60% marks at the time of submitting the application form by June 6, 2017.
Step 11: A final offer will be made via email to the selected applicants after the PCI with the applicant and the parent/guardian interaction within 3 days after the announcement of the class XII results or within two working days of PCI whichever is later.
Step 12: Once selected, candidates enroll into the programme as follows:
- All candidates offered admission before May 24, 2017 should pay the balance applicable fee as per the preferred payment plan i.e. Semester/Annual along with refundable interest-free security deposit by June 6, 2017. . The fee can be paid by cash, through electronic transfer, or by demand draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon. From here their status changes from a ‘candidate’ to a ‘student’ of NU.
- Applicants who have applied after May 24, 2017, if offered admission, should submit the acceptance letter duly signed and pay the non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee along with the applicable fee (as per the selected payment plan of Semester/Annual) and interest-free, refundable security deposit. The fee can be paid by cash, through electronic transfer, or by demand draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon within 5 working days from the receipt of offer letter of RAD sent to the student via SMS, email and courier.
Step 13: Students join the University campus on July 13th / 14th, 2017 & start with the “RESONANCE”programme and complete the first registration formalities including verification of original mark-sheets of Class X and XII. The programme starts on July 15, 2017.