Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) Admission for BE / B.Tech.
Admission to BE Programs in NSIT are to be conducted on basis of the rank obtained by candidates in JEE Main. The JEE Main normalised score will be taken into account for NSIT Admissions 2014.
Allotment of Seats: Besides other parameters, the allotment of seat to a registered eligible candidate in various phases/rounds, except for “Open House counselling cum Admission”, will be made on the basis of the choices filled-in by the candidate.
Result Declaration: On the date of result declaration, a candidate can take printout of provisional seat allotment letter (if a seat is allotted) after logging into his account on this website: http://www.nsit.nic.in.
Registration After Getting Admission: All the admitted candidates are required to report for registration in the Institute at 10:30AM on 1.8.2014. Following documents are required at the time of registration:
- Duly filled Registration form (Annexure-IV) for first semester.
- Two passport size photos and one stamp size photo.
- All original certificates above
- Original and self-attested copies of Admission Letter, Admission Fee Receipt
NSIT Admissions Important Dates
|Opening of Website||23.06. 2014|
|Opening of Online Registration, Choice filling and Counselling Fee submission||04.07.2014|
|Closing of Counselling Fee submission||10.07.2014 upto 5:00 P.M.|
|Closing of Online Registration & Choice filling||11.07.2014 upto 3:00 P.M.|
NSIT Admission 2014 Quick Links
Gap Year Affidavit is required if you have passed 12th class before 2014. Click Here for GAP Year Affidavit format
|S. No.||COURSE/BRANCH||NORMAL INTAKE*|
|1||Electronics and Communication Engineering||184|
|3||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||184|
|4||Manufacturing Processes and Automation Engineering||92|
NSIT Admissions Eligibility Criterion
For both Delhi and Outside Delhi Regions, the candidate should have appeared in the JEE (Main)-2014 and placed in the merit/rank list prepared by the CBSE, New Delhi based on the score in JEE (Main) – 2014 and normalized score in Class 12 or other qualifying examination (60% & 40% weightage respectively).
Eligibility Criterion: A candidate who has passed (in each subject separately) any of the following qualifying examinations from a recognised School/College/Institute located within the NCT of Delhi (for Delhi Region candidate) or located outside the NCT of Delhi (for Outside Delhi Region candidate) and secured 60% or more marks (subject to relaxation as mentioned in Para 1.2.2 below) in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, shall be eligible to apply for admission to the first semester of Bachelor of Engineering Courses subject to other conditions mentioned in this brochure:
- Senior School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.), New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the C.B.S.E., by the University of Delhi.
Additionally, a candidate must have passed English as a subject of study either at the 10th Class or 12th Class level.
- A Delhi Region candidate means a candidate who has passed out the qualifying examination from a recognised school / college / institute situated in the N.C.T. of Delhi.
- An Outside Delhi Region candidate means a candidate who has passed out qualifying examination from a recognised school / college / institute situated outside the N.C.T. of Delhi.
- A Candidate who has appeared at the appropriate qualifying annual Examination in the year 2014 and placed in compartment will not be eligible for admission for the session 2014-2015.
- A Candidate who has appeared at the appropriate qualifying annual Examination in the year 2014 and has reappeared for the improvement to acquire the eligibility, will not be considered for admission for the session 2014-2015.
- No admission will be made directly to the second or any subsequent semesters of a course.
- No change of Course will be permitted after the commencement of the Second Semester, even if some seats fall vacant in some of the Courses during the second semester.
- No admission will be made after 31.07.2014 except admissions against vacancies arising, due to any reason, after a seat has been allotted and subsequently declared vacated by the competent authority which shall be filled by 14.08.2014.
Relaxation in Marks for Different Categories: Candidate belonging to any of the following categories is allowed a relaxation in the minimum eligibility requirement in the qualifying examination as detailed below:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST): A candidate claiming reservation under SC or ST category is required to just pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): A relaxation of 10% i.e. 54% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Defence Category (DC): A relaxation of 5% i.e. 57% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Physically Challenged (PH): A relaxation of 5% i.e. 57% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Age Requirement: There is no minimum age requirement.
NSIT Admissions for Other Courses
Fee for Indian Students (in Indian Rupees)*
|S. No.||Item of Fee||B. E. (Rs.)||M. Tech. (Rs.)||Ph. D. (Rs.)|
|1||GOVT. COMPONENT (per annum)||58,200/-||48,450/-||48,300/-|
|2||NON GOVT. COMPONENT(Co-curricular Activities, Training & Placement, Extra-curricular Activities,
Annual Gathering, Students Welfare, Institutional Development, Misc. expenditure on Unspecified items (per annum)
|3||Security Deposit (Refundable)(Payable only at the time of Admission)||5,000/-||5,000/-||5,000/-|
|4||University Enrolment Fee
Part-time i) Development Fee
ii) Examination Fee
|Grand Total(Fee payable at the time of admission in form of a Demand Draft / Banker’s Cheque)||83,250/-||73,500/-||73,300/-|
- The fee is to be paid by Demand Draft/Banker’s Cheque drawn in favour of Director, NSIT, Delhi payable at Delhi.
- No Part payment will be accepted.
- No other mode of payment is acceptable.
Fee for Foreign Students (Nominee of GoI, Para 1.4.vii)
|S. No.||Item of Fee||B.E.|
|1||GOVT. Fee||US $ 7100|
|2||NON GOVT. FEES||US $ 310|
|3||Security Deposit (refundable)||US $ 100|
(i) Registration Fee for (UG)
(ii) Other FEE
|US $ 300
US $ 50
|Total||US $ 7860|
Additional Payment by Foreign Students* (Nominees of GoI, Para 1.4.viii)
University registration Fee and special fee from every foreign student, seeking admission to a programme of study in NSIT will be charged at the rates given below:
Registration Fee* (Payable to the University of Delhi)
- Seeking admission to Graduate Programmes # – US $300
- Seeking admission to PG Programmes** – US $400
- Seeking admission to a Programme** leading to research work – US $500
- Special Fee (payable to the college), per student per year US $100
* Likely to be revised.
# Applicable to MHRD sponsored candidates. No direct admission is offered at the UG level by the institution.
** NOC from MHRD is mandatory. Candidates can directly apply for registration.
- Established in 1983 as Delhi Institute of Technology (renamed as Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology in 1997) with an objective of meeting growing demand for manpower in the emerging areas of Engineering and Technology.
- An autonomous Institute fully funded by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Affiliated to the University of Delhi for UG, PG & Ph.D. programs.
- Beautifully landscaped fully residential campus in sprawling 145 acres of land complete with all facilities including Faculty & Staff residences, Hostels, Cooperative mess, Sports Complex, Banks, Post Office, Kiosks and other amenities.
- Over 750 Research papers published in International Journals and several hundred presented in National/International Conferences by its Faculty members.
- Faculty members acting as Editors/Associate Editors/Reviewers for over 100 International Journals.
- Emphasis on innovative R&D and Continuing Education Programs, Consultancy, Product Development and Technology Transfer.
- MoUs with over a dozen International Universities/Institutes/ Organizations.
- Ongoing joint R&D projects with several industries.
- Chain of advanced centres in all departments, fully functional Centre for Electronics Design and Technology actively involved in department of innovative projects.
- Establishment of ‘Science & Technology Park’ proposed in the campus.
- Institute has consistently been featuring prominently in various national level surveys conducted by reputed professional/ trade magazines, such as Dataquest, India Today etc.
- Institute’s efforts recognized by ISTE in 2002 with Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan National Award to NSIT for being an Engineering College having best overall performance in the field of Technical Education in the Country.
- NSIT was declared ‘Capital Pride’ by Govt. of NCT of Delhi through a half page advertisement in all National newspapers in 2003.
- Dataquest – IDC T-School survey has ranked NSIT 11th in the year 2010 and the Dataquest – CMR Survey has ranked NSIT 10th in the year 2011 among the Top 100 T-Schools of India.
- Placement record of the Institute is one of the best among the Engineering Colleges in the country. Dataquest – CMR Survey has ranked NSIT 5th in the year 2011 and the Dataquest – IDC survey has ranked NSIT 4th in the year 2010 in placement among top 100 T-Schools of India.
- Students have been consistently winning awards in various National and International Competitions.
- UG students accepted as summer interns in leading Universities abroad.
- Several NSIT students have scored 100 percentile in CAT/GRE.
- Students (B.E, M.Tech. & Ph.D) succeed in getting their research papers published in reputed International journals every year.
- Laboratories and academic environment are highly conducive for achieving excellence in education and research.
- Texas Instruments (TI) India established ‘TI centre for Embedded Product Design’ at NSIT campus in 2012.