NSIT Admissions 2014 Counselling and Admission Procedure
NSIT Admission Counselling Fee (to be deposited from 04.07.2014 to 10.07.2014)
To participate in counselling, every eligible candidate, irrespective of his category, will have to deposit a non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 1,000/- by using Credit / Debit Card / Internet Banking through our BillDesk Payment Gateway facility accessible on this website. Candidate has to pay an additional transaction charge as given below:
- Credit / Debit Cards – 1.00% of the counseling fee plus service tax as applicable.
- Internet Banking – Rs. 10/- plus service tax as applicable.
NSIT Counselling Online Registration
Online Registration facility will be available from 04.07.2014 to 11.07.2014.
The registration may be done as follows:
Having paid the counselling fee, the candidate should visit institute website or Click Here where he is required to select the link “NEW REGISTRATION” displayed on the webpage and enter the following parameters correctly:-
- JEE(Main)-2014 Roll No.
- Application Form Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- 12th Class Pass Status
Click Here for Online Registration2.3
Allotment of Seats
Besides other parameters, the allotment of seat to a registered eligible candidate in various phases/rounds, except for “Open House counselling cum Admission”, will be made on the basis of the choices filled-in by the candidate.
On the date of result declaration, a candidate can take printout of provisional seat allotment letter (if a seat is allotted) after logging into his account on this website: http://www.nsit.nic.in.
Reporting at NSIT for Admission
Candidates are required to report at the NSIT on the specified date and time (as per the Counselling schedule notified from time to time on the website http://www.nsit.nic.in) along with requisite admission fee in the form of a Demand Draft / Banker’s Cheque and original and self-attested copies of documents (for documents, see Para 2.8). If a candidate does not report on the specified date and time along with all the requisite documents, his allotted seat shall be cancelled and the candidate shall not have any claim on the allotted seat, whatsoever.
- It is mandatory to produce the original documents at the time of admission and submit the same at the time of registration in the Institute.
- If a candidate turns up for admission without requisite documents in original and instead produces an admission slip along with receipt of documents deposited at other institute, he will be allowed to take provisional admission. However, such candidates will be required to submit an undertaking for depositing original documents at the time of registration failing which their provisional admission in the institute will stand cancelled ipso facto.
- Save herein after as otherwise provided for an “OPEN HOUSE COUNSELLING CUM ADMISSION” to be held, if any, if a candidate does not turn up and/or refuses to take admission in the allotted branch at the time of admission, he will not be considered in next phases/rounds of admission. Only admitted candidates will be considered for upgradation of branches in the subsequent phases / rounds of admission.
- If a candidate fails to produce the original requisite Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC) at the time of admission, due to any reason whatsoever, his offer for admission under reserved category shall stand cancelled/withdrawn forthwith. However, such candidate may opt for consideration of his candidature for the allotment of seats under the general/open Category in the next round/phase of allotment of seats. His request shall be considered only as per his merit and if he is otherwise found eligible in the General/Open Category and subject to availability of seats.
- A candidate, who has been admitted to a course other than his first choice, will automatically be upgraded, as per his merit in JEE (Main) – 2014 to a course of his higher preference as indicated in his online application subject to availability of seat. The upgradation of branches shall be simultaneously available with the declaration of results from time to time.
Freezing: A provisionally admitted candidate may freeze the branch allotted to him/her at the time of his admission or after subsequent upgradation, by giving a request letter in the prescribed proforma to the Chairman B.E. Admission Committee 2014-15, on the day of his admission or, in case of subsequent upgradation, on the following date of physical reporting day (as mentioned in the counselling schedule).
Click Here for Branch Freezing Form
Admission Against Resultant Vacancies (AARV) (for vacancies arising due to any reason)
All those registered candidates who have not been allotted any seat at any stage will be eligible to participate in this round. The number of candidates to be called to participate in this round will be notified at appropriate time on this website. Allotment of seat will be made as per the merit of the candidate and his/her choices filled at the time of registration. Seats allotted in this counselling will also be upgraded.
Open House Counselling Cum Admission (for vacancies arising due to any reason)
If any seat remains vacant upto 12.08.2014, an “Open House Counselling cum Admission” may be held on 13.08.2014 and 14.08.2014 or any other date as decided by the Admission Committee. All the registered candidates are eligible to participate in this round of admission. Choices filled by a candidate at the time of online registration will be invalid and seats will be allotted on the basis of JEE (Main)-2014 merit subject to fulfilling of other conditions for admission and availability of seats at that time. Further, there shall be “NO UPGRADATION” of allotted branch on admission under Open House Counselling cum Admission.
NSIT Admissions 2014 Documents Required at the time of Admissions
- Demand Draft/Banker’s Cheque of requisite admission fee in favour of Director, NSIT, New Delhi, payable at Delhi.
- Printout of online application form duly attested by the Principal / Gazetted officer.
- Self-attested copy of printout of Choices filled by the candidate taken after 11.07.2014.
- Self-attested copy of JEE (Main)-2014 Admit Card (Not applicable to the nominees of Government of India).
- Original and self-attested copy of Rank Card of JEE (Main)-2014 (Not applicable to the nominees of Government of India).
- Original and self-attested copy of both Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Original and self-attested copy of class 10th Certificate/Mark Sheet in support of Date of Birth.
- Original and self-attested copy of Caste/Category certificate (for the reserved categories only).
- Original Medical fitness certificate for all (except PH Category).
- For PH, refer to Para 2.9.d.
- Affidavit for gap year (if applicable).
- All admissions are provisional and subject to verification of certificates submitted by the candidates and subject to medical fitness according to the norms laid down by the Institute from time to time and found fit (except PH Category).
- All candidates are mandatorily required to bring all the original certificates at the time of admission for verification.
Certificates Required at the time of Admission for Seats Under Reserved Categories
Candidates applying for any reserved seat (i.e. SC/ST/OBC/DC/PH/KM) are required to submit the following certificates in original with attested copies, as the case may be, at the time of admission:
For admission to a seat reserved for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes, a caste certificate, in original, stating the SC/ST/OBC category, to which the candidate belongs, will be considered for admission if this certificate is issued by one of the following authorities of competent jurisdiction:
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector /1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate /Commissioner City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate) / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Sub Divisional Officer / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Administrator / Secretary to Administration / Development Officer (Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands).
Defence Category(DC) :
- Entitlement card in original issued by the Record Officer of the Unit/Regiment of Armed Personnel of the Armed Forces in case of Armed Personnel. In the case of Para-military forces appropriate documents / certificates issued by a competent authority notified in this regard by the Para-military forces headquarters.
- Widows/wards of the Officers and Men of the Armed forces who died or have been disabled on duty (both attributable to military service) must submit a certificate to that effect from Officer-in-Charge, Record Office. In the case of Para-military forces appropriate documents / certificates issued by a competent authority notified in this regard by the Para-military forces headquarters. A statement to the effect that “the death/physical disability (percentage to be mentioned) is attributed to military service” is required to be included in the certificate.
- Medical records in original.
- Special Pension Order and Passbook indicating special pension.
- Gallantry award certificate.
- Dependency card issued by the competent authority in order to relate the relationship of the candidate with the defence personnel/gallantry award recipient.
- A certificate from the respective C.O. Unit in respect of serving personnel (Priority VII).
Kashmiri Migrants (KM) :
- Certificate of registration as Kashmiri Migrant issued by the Divisional Commissioner, Delhi to establish the status of the Candidate as registered migrant in Delhi upto 11.06.2001.
- Proof of property in Kashmir of the parent/grand parent of the candidate along with authentic English translation of the document.
- Proof of residence in Delhi such as passport, Voter identity card, AADHAAR card, Driving license, etc.
Physically Challenged (PH) : A candidate seeking admission under the Physically Challenged (PH) category, is required to submit, in original, a Certificate1 from any of the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Physically Handicapped located all over India at the time of counselling/ admission, which will certify that the candidate is fit for undergoing the said course (Annexure-I). No certificate other than this shall be accepted for availing seats under PH category.
The list of VRCs is available at the website http://dget.gov.in/vrc/vrc.pdf.
In Delhi, it is located at:
Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped,
Plot No.9, 10, 11, Karkar Dooma, Vikas Marg,
Delhi- 110092. Ph: 011-22372704
Registration After Getting Admission
All the admitted candidates are required to report for registration in the Institute at 10:30AM on 1.8.2014. Following documents are required at the time of registration:
- Duly filled Registration form (Annexure-IV) for first semester.
- Two passport size photos and one stamp size photo.
- All original certificates above
- Original and self-attested copies of Admission Letter, Admission Fee Receipt