NTRUHS PGMET 2016, or APPG 2016 as it is more commonly known as, is going to be conducted on February 28, 2016. Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences has notified that the entrance te25st will be for PG medical courses MD, MS, Diploma admissions. NTRUHS PGMET 2016 shall be held in the online mode as a computer based test. Get here complete details of APPG 2016 – NTRUHS PGMET 2016, including eligibility, exam pattern, application form submission, obtaining admit card, result, and other relevant information.
NTRUHS PGMET 2016 application form for APPG 2016 is being issued online at www.drntruhs.org and ntruhs.ap.nic.in from December 28, 2015. Candidates should determine their eligibility and then apply for the exam. Each candidate who has submitted the form and requisite fees on time (subject to fulfillment of other conditions) shall be issued admit cards. It is required that candidates appear in the APPG NTRUHS PGMET 2016 exam for admission into Post Graduate Medical (MD/MS/Diploma) courses.
NTRUHS PGMET 2016
On the last Sunday of February 2016, the APPG NTRUHS PGMET 2016 shall be conducted. To appear in the PG Medical Entrance Test, application forms must be filled starting from 28th December 2015. The detailed calendar of events that will be followed for the NTRUHS PGMET 2015 is as follows.
|Availability of application forms from||28th Dec 2015|
|Last date of availability of application form||11th Jan 2016|
|Last date to submit application form print out with documents.||20th Jan 2016|
|Availability of Hall Tickets for download||21st Feb 2016|
|Date of exam||28th Feb 2016|
|Last date for submitting objections on key||1st Mar 2016|
|Final Answer key to be published||10th Mar 2016|
|APPG NTRUHS PGMET 2016 result declaration||10th Mar 2016|
NTRUHS PGMET 2016 Eligibility
The candidates who have passed MBBS / BDS examination from an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India are eligible to appear for the PG Medical / MDS Online Entrance Test subject to the conditions specified in admission Regulations/Prospectus.(refer regulations/prospectus for detailed clarifications)
- The candidate should complete internship training by the time of admission and should submit internship completion certificate at the time of counseling for admission into PG Medical Degree/Diploma courses and MDS courses.
- Candidates who have not produced internship completion certificate at the time of counseling/admission are deemed to have been disqualified for admission.
- Candidates who hold recognized Foreign Medical Degree and obtained permanent registration only either from Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Council after completing compulsory rotating internship.
- Candidates who satisfy the Local or Non-local status as per G.O.P.No.646 Education (W) Department, Dated 10-7-1979 only are eligible to appear for PG Medical Online Entrance Test.
NTRUHS PGMET Exam Pattern 2016 – APPG 2016
NTRUHS PGMET exam pattern 2016 indicates the type of questions asked, marking scheme and mode of test. Exam pattern of NTRUHS PGMET 2016 (APPG) must be checked by candidates before appearing for the AP Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination. The test for PG medical (MD / MS / Diploma) courses is based on subjects studied in MBBS course. Broadly, questions are asked on anatomy, physiology, bio chemistry, pathology, micro biology, pharmacology, forensic medicine, SPM, surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology and other subjects.
Get here detailed information on the NTRUHS PGMET exam pattern 2016.
Computer Based (Online) Entrance Test for Admission into Post Graduate Medical (MD/MS/Diploma) Courses will be held on 28-02-2015 for the academic year 2016-17 at the centres to be notified by the University.
- Mode of examination: Computer based test.
- Number of questions: 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration of test : 3 hours.
- Standard of examination : MBBS.
The approximate distribution of the questions in APPG is as follows.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Anatomy, Physiology and Bio-Chemistry||15|
|Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine and SPM||35|
|Surgery & Allied Subjects||60|
|Medical & Allied Subjects||60|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
NTRUHS PGMET Cut Off / Qualifying Marks
As per PG Medical Regulations of Medical Council of India, the candidates who secure minimum of 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/BC candidates and 45% marks for Differently abled candidates) in the Computer Based (Online) Entrance Test are only eligible for admission.
Candidates may note that insofar, NTRUHS PGMET 2016 exam date, mode of examination (online), and details of application form have been issued by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. Information on how many questions will be asked in the exam, what would be the cut off, what will be the marking scheme, whether there shall be negative marking or not, have been described in the information bulletin.
The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the centers notified by the University. The Test center shall be allotted by the University as per the candidate’s option and as per the availability. The admit card of NTRUHS PGMET 2016 / Hall Ticket will contain the Name of the allotted Test center. The University reserves the right to allot a candidates to any one of the Test centers.
- The date of admission of selected candidates will be communicated to them in the letter of selection.
- All the candidates including service candidates joining the Post Graduate degree, diploma courses should execute bond on a stamped paper of Rs. 100/- value as prescribed in Annexure-II to the effect that he / she will complete the prescribed period of training or in default to pay Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs only) to the University and shall refund the amount received as stipend upto that date to the Government.
- Attendance: Candidates selected for the various courses should be the whole time students. Service candidates will have to apply for leave to prosecute their studies and are required to produce the leave sanction order from the Competent Authority not later than three months after joining the course. The candidate is required to put in a minimum of 80% attendance during each calendar year for being eligible to appear for the examination.
- Leave: Students will be permitted to avail 30 days leave per year. No Post Graduate is allowed to go on leave more than 8 days at a stretch. Incase the absence of the candidate availing Medical Leave / Maternity Leave / Any other Leave or unauthorized absence is beyond 30 days in a year, the study period of the candidate will be extended to the extent of such period. No other leave is permitted.
- Maternity Leave: Women students can avail maternity leave upto 120 days only once in their PG course of study and the study period will be extended to the extent of Maternity leave availed. The candidate shall not be eligible to appear in the University examinations till the completion of study period as per MCI Regulations (Duration of course).
- Break of study and re-admission: If a student absents continuously for a period of 91 days or more and seeks permission to attend the course, his / her application in prescribed format vide annexure VI & VII by paying requisite fee in favour of Registrar, Dr NTR University of Health Sciences payable at Vijayawada shall be forwarded to the Registrar, Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences with the recommendation of the Principal. Regulations for re-admission after break of study alongwith application format and fee payable is available in the University Website. The candidates are advised to refer the regulations before submitting the application and paying the fee. If they fulfilled the regulatory conditions, they may submit applications through the Principal of the College by paying the fee.
- Private Practice: No Post Graduate is allowed to do any private practice or consultation and should not accept any part time employment in any State or Central or Quasi Government or Private organizations during the period of Post Graduation study. The Principal has to take appropriate action after giving opportunity for explanation, if any student violates this rule.
- College Regulations: Candidates are required to follow the rules and regulations of the college and should also abide by the regulations of the University. Under no circumstances should they have any correspondence with the higher authorities directly without routing through proper channel.
NTRUHS PGMET 2016 Information Brochure – APPG 2016
NTRUHS PGMET Information Brochure 2016 contains details of the APPG 2016 examination. Candidates who are appearing in the NTRUHS PG Medical Entrance Test (PGMET) 2016 should go through the information given in the brochure carefully. The prospectus / bulletin indicates detailed eligibility criteria for applicants, procedure to apply, instructions to obtain admit card, pattern of examination, and result. The NTRUHS PGMET 2016 information brochure is released by the exam conducting body Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences.
NTRUHS PGMET Information Brochure with details of Application, Eligibility, Reservations, Seats, Entrance Exam, Answer Keys, Result, Counselling and Admission is given below.
Click Here to download NTRUHS PGMET 2016 Information Brochure in PDF format.
Stay tuned to know more about the exam. If you have any queries regarding APPG 2016 / NTRUHS PGMET 2016, please ask in comments below.