The MBBS and BDS admissions in Odisha shall be done on the basis of AIPMT 2016. All India Pre Medical Test conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education will be the basis of admission in 85% state quota seats.
Notified on 24 Aug 2016 :
Counseling – (NEET 2016)
The admission to MBBS/BDS courses for the academic session 2016-17 will be done by taking qualified state candidates from NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-2016 (NEET (UG)-2016) conducted by CBSE.
Counseling shall be done in 85% of total seats in Government/private Medical/Dental Colleges excluding deemed Universities. Instructions in this guidelines are subject to change with prior notice as per the decision of Govt./Counselling Committee.
- Click here to register for Counseling through NEET 2016
Note:- Registration time is extended upto 25 Aug 2016 11:59 PM
Counseling shall be done by a Committee consisting of following members. Chairman OJEE, Vice-Chairman OJEE,Secretary OJEE, and Members(Joint DMET Odisha, and two OJEE Members)
- The candidates must be of 17 years of age as on 31.12.2016 (must born before 01.01.2000) and there will be no upper age limit.
- The candidates must be permanent native of Odisha. Every candidate has to produce Resident / Nativity certificate (Form No.-III, See Rule-3 of Govt. of Odisha) during certificate verification.
- The candidate must have passed +2 Sc. and in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have secured minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Sc. level for General Candidate (GE). This minimum mark is 40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for locomotary disability of lower limbs candidates. If Physically Challenged candidate is of SC/ST category, then required mark is 40%.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
The minimum qualifying mark for different category of candidates are as follows:
- General (GE) -145 (50th Percentile)
- Physically Challenged (PC-GE)- 131(45th Percentile)
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Scheduled Caste (SC) – 118(40th Percentile)
- For Physically challenged candidates of SC/ST category-118 (40th Percentile)
Document Verification Schedule – New!
Documents to be verified at Nodal Centre
Originals will be verified and one set of self-attested photocopy has to be submitted. Candidate is advised to take back the original certificates after document verification. Nodal center will receive only photocopy of verified documents.
- 10th board certificate and mark sheet
- +2 Sc. pass certificate and mark sheet
- College/School leaving certificate
- Nativity/Resident certificate of Odisha (Form–III, See Rule-3 of Govt. of Odisha)
- SC/ST Certificate by birth issued by competent authority, Government of Odisha (See Rule-8(I))
- Green Card issued by Family Welfare Dept. Government of Odisha only.
- Ex Service man Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board, Bhubaneswar.
- For PC Candidates – Candidates interested to avail Physical Challenged category quota, must appear medical board on declared date at SCB Medical College, Cuttack. Report from Medical board is final and binding on candidate for getting PC quota seat and no other kind of documents are acceptable.
All the NEET-2016 qualified candidates having eligibility criteria as mentioned in clause ‘B’, must register online in the website of OJEE i.e. www.ojee.nic.in in MBBS/ BDS Admission section by creating own username and password. Candidates registered, are allowed to participate in all rounds of counselling. Without registration a candidate cannot participate in the counseling process at any level. The detail procedure shall be notified separately.
If a candidate has taken admission in a particular round but allotted another seat in subsequent round of counseling due to his /her participation and choice locking then the earlier admission is automatically cancelled. In such case if no seat is allotted in subsequent round then the earlier admission is retained.
Selected candidate if not taking provisional admission after being allotted in a particular round, his/her allotment will stand cancelled and the seat will be treated vacant for subsequent round. However he/ She can participate in subsequent round. In that case, while locking choices only better options shall be exercised. Example: If a candidate is allotted in MKCG in 1st round and in 2nd round, he/she is interested for SCB, then he/she must lock choice in SCB only. In case he/she also gives choice in VSS after SCB, then if SCB is not available, he/she will be allotted VSSMCH and admission to MKCG will be cancelled.
Candidates who have already taken admission in a particular reserved category are not allowed to change the seat to another category in the same college. There may be spot counseling if vacancy exists and all the interested candidates are required to be present in person with the prescribed fees. No authorization will be entertained under any circumstances during spot counselling.
Check the complete step by step guide for OJEE Counseling (NEET) 2016 HERE
Check the graphical flowchart for OJEE Counseling (NEET) 2016 HERE
Check the Counseling guidelines for OJEE Counseling (NEET) 2016 HERE
Counselling – (AIPMT 2016)
Schedule for First Round of Counselling of OJEE MBBS / BDS through AIPMT 2016 is given below.
|Online Registration for MBBS/BDS Admission||23 Aug 2016 to 25 Aug 2016 (11:59 PM)|
|Publication of list of Registered Candidates||26 Aug 2016|
|Document Verification||26 Aug 2016 to 29 Aug 2016|
|Choice filling and Locking||30 Aug 2016 & 31 Aug 2016|
|Allotment and Download of Allotment Letter||02 Sep 2016|
|Provisional Admission||03 Sep 2016 to 06 Sep 2016|
Consent to participate in AIPMT, 2016 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in the academic session 2016-17 against 85% state quota seats.
Govt. of Odisha has decided to participate in the All India Pre Medical / Dental Test conducted by CBSE for admission of students in MBBS / BDS Courses in the academic session 2016-17 against 85% state quota seats. The state Govt. will not conduct any other state level entrance test for the same. Under the circumstances, the following few facts may please be considered for smooth counselling and admission at our end.
- The list of all candidates appeared in the AIPMT2016 and their particulars including marks may be handed over to us at the earliest.
- Rank to be assigned only to the candidates who qualify in the examination. Assigning a state rank to an unqualified candidate has created legal problem, as such candidates claim themselves to be included in state merit list.
- Necessary change in the Rank Card (which the candidates down load) may be done and no such state rank/ category rank may be mentioned in case of nonqualified candidates.
- State will prepare its own merit list taking into consideration, the reservation policy existing in state and qualifying marks for competitive examination as prescribed by MCI. Candidates of OBC or any other Reserved Category (other than ST, SC, Green Card Holder, Ex Servicemen and PH) will be considered in UR category provided they have secured 50% mark in AIPMT 2016.
- Dr. Umakanta Satapathy, Jt. DMET is the nodal officer for our state in AIPMT for the year 2016 and he is deputed to attend the meeting of the Advisory Committee of AIPMT to be held on 02.11.2015 at New Delhi. The email id and contact no. of Dr. Satapathy are follows.
email: [email protected]