The MBBS and BDS admissions in Odisha shall be done on the basis of AIPMT 2016. All India Pre Medical Test conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education will be the basis of admission in 85% state quota seats.
Consent to participate in AIPMT, 2016 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in the academic session 201617 against 85% state quota seats.
Govt. of Odisha has decided to participate in the All India Pre Medical / Dental Test conducted by CBSE for admission of students in MBBS / BDS Courses in the academic session 2016-17 against 85% state quota seats. The state Govt. will not conduct any other state level entrance test for the same. Under the circumstances, the following few facts may please be considered for smooth counselling and admission at our end.
- The list of all candidates appeared in the AIPMT2016 and their particulars including marks may be handed over to us at the earliest.
- Rank to be assigned only to the candidates who qualify in the examination. Assigning a state rank to an unqualified candidate has created legal problem, as such candidates claim themselves to be included in state merit list.
- Necessary change in the Rank Card (which the candidates down load) may be done and no such state rank/ category rank may be mentioned in case of nonqualified candidates.
- State will prepare its own merit list taking into consideration, the reservation policy existing in state and qualifying marks for competitive examination as prescribed by MCI. Candidates of OBC or any other Reserved Category (other than ST, SC, Green Card Holder, Ex Servicemen and PH) will be considered in UR category provided they have secured 50% mark in AIPMT 2016.
- Dr. Umakanta Satapathy, Jt. DMET is the nodal officer for our state in AIPMT for the year 2016 and he is deputed to attend the meeting of the Advisory Committee of AIPMT to be held on 02.11.2015 at New Delhi. The email id and contact no. of Dr. Satapathy are follows.
email: [email protected]
Click Here to download and read the notification titled Consent of state for AIPMT 16.