AP PGECET 2014 Notification
Applications are invited for appearing Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET 2014) for admission into M.E / M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / M. Arch. / Graduate level Pharm. D (P.B.) (Full Time) in University and Affiliated Engineering / Pharmacy Colleges in A.P. for the academic year 2014-2015 as per G.O.Ms.No.54 HE Dept (EC-2) dated: 21-06-2007 and amendments.
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for PGECET 2014 may submit their applications through online mode only. The related information regarding eligibility, syllabi, instructions and procedure for online application are available on the website: www.appgecet.org.
Registration fee: Rs 500/- ( Rs 250/- in case of SC / ST candidates). In case a student wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
Examination dates: 26-05-2014 to 29-05-2014, detailed time table is available on the website.
Important dates for AP PGECET 2014 online application process
|Commemcement of application submission||05-03-2014.|
|Last date of submission without late fee||20-04-2014.|
|Submission with late fee of 500/-||06-05-2014.|
|Submission with late fee of 2000/-||14-05-2014.|
|Submission with late fee of 5000/-||20-05-2014.|
|Submission with late fee of 10000/-||24-05-2014.|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||12-05-2014 to 24-05-2014.|
The Registration fee may be paid at any AP online center /Mee Seva centre in AP or through payment gateway (credit / debit card).
- The vacant seats after admitting GATE/GPAT qualified candidates will be filled with the candidates based on the Rank/percentile score secured in the PGECET – 2014 Entrance Test.
- Separate notification will be issued for admission for GATE/GPAT Qualified candidates.
PGECET 2014 INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- Candidates are required to apply for PGECET 2014 test through Online only (printed hard copy of the applications will not be accepted).
- The application/ registration fee for the test is Rs. 500/- (Rs 250/- in case of SC/ST). In case a candidate wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
- Test is of two hour duration with 120 multiple choice objective type questions, carrying one mark for each question. The cut-off mark in the Common Entrance Test is 25% , in case of SC/ST there is no minimum marks.
- The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon in the morning session and 2.00PM to 4.00 PM for the afternoon sessions as per the Time Table given in Test Schedule.
- The Question Papers will be in English only, syllabus of each test paper is given at annexure-A
- Candidates must ensure themselves that they have chosen the correct test paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific program they are interested in. The details of the courses offered by the Universities along with specified eligibility for each course and test to be written is given at annexure-B. Candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission into the preferred program as given in annexure-B .
- PGECET-2014 will be held at six different regional centers in the state i.e., Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Tirupathi, Warangal, Guntur, Anantapur.
- As per AICTE the eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy is 50% in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). Further, the qualifying degree (Professional courses) obtained under distance mode must have AICTE approval.
- Candidate should satisfy local/non local status requirements as per AP GO Ms No 153.
- The Hall-Tickets are to be downloaded from the website www.appgecet.org. without Hall-Tickets the candidate will not be allowed into the test centre.
- Separate Notification will be issued for admission based on GATE/GPAT Score.
- A.P. State policy on reservation shall be followed in the PG admissions.
- The candidate can apply for multiple tests. However, separate registration fee must be paid for each test.
- Appearing in the test does not guarantee admission. The candidate has to satisfy all the requirements at the time of admission.
- For further information contact PGECET Helpdesk. Contact no:040-27097124, emailid: [email protected]