PIMS AICET UG 2016 is being conducted by Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University. PIMS Admission 2016 for MBBS and BDS courses shall be done on the basis of PIMS AICET 2016 Under Graduate (UG) entrance exam. The All India Common Entrance Test is held each year by the PIMS University containing multiple choice questions, for merit based admission and selection of eligible medical / dental aspirants. Get here complete details of PIMS AICET UG 2016 such as application form, hall tickets, results.
Latest – PIMS AICET UG 2016 stands CANCELLED in view of the Indian Medical Council Ordinance 2016. Check complete notice below
PIMS AICET 2016 UG entrance exam is the gateway for admission in 125 MBBS seats in the Rural Medical College, and 100 BDS seats in the Rural Dental College.
PIMS AICET UG 2016
Important dates of the All India Common Entrance Test, PIMS AICET 2016 UG, must be noted by candidates appearing for the exam. It must be noted that one must submit the filled in application form by last date.
|PIMS AICET UG 2016 Application Form and Prospectus available from||24 Feb 2016|
|Last date for submission of application form||01 Apr 2016|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fees (Rs 2,000/- extra)||07 April 2016|
|Distribution of hall tickets from||01 Mar 2016 to 09 Apr 2016|
|Date and time of entrance test examination|
|Announcement of results||01 Jun 2016 at 10:00 am|
|Date of counselling||21 to 24 Jun 2016|
|Commencement of classes||01 Aug 2016|
PIMS AICET UG 2016 Quick Links
PIMS AICET UG Eligibility Criteria
Nationality -Candidate must be an Indian National. The Nationality Certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate /Chief Metropolitan Magistrate or a valid passport will be considered as a proof of Nationality.
Age limit – The candidate must be born on or before 31st December 1999 to be eligible to appear for PIMS-AICET-UG 2016.
Educational Qualifications – Candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated below.
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to (10+2) Higher/Senior Secondary Examination which is conducted after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English as a core course.
Note: where the course content is not as prescribed for 10 +2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre – professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges.
- Candidate belonging to general category must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together at the qualifying examination.
- Candidate belonging to backward classes (SC, ST, VJNT & OBC) must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology taken together at qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to the backward class must attach a copy of the caste and caste validity certificate along with the application form. It should however be noted that there is no reservation for students belonging to Backward class. This certificate is required in support of relaxation of eligibility criteria i.e. if such a candidate gets admission on the basis of inter-se-merit of PIMS-AICET-UG 2016 but has scored less than 50% marks in qualifying examinations.
- The candidates who are appearing for qualifying examination in February/March 2016 are eligible to appear for PIMS-AICET-UG 2016. However they must fulfill the eligibility conditions at the time of counseling.
- Candidates Qualified (10+2) under a foreign system in India, are required to obtain equivalence certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi). For more details about obtaining AIU equivalence certificate, please visit the official website of AIU.
- Candidates belonging to general category who secure minimum 50% marks in PIMS – AICET – UG 2016 and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
- Candidates belonging to backward classes (SC/ST/NT & OBC) who secure minimum 40% marks in PIMS – AICET – UG 2016 and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
PIMS AICET UG 2016 Exam Pattern
The test is so designed to asses a candidate’s aptitude for medical and dental courses. The question paper shall contain 200 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each. Based on the syllabus of exam described by the PIMS University, there will be 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The examination pattern for PIMS AICET UG 2016 is as follows.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
The duration of exam is 3 hours. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The PIMS AICET 2016 UG exam will be held in Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Loni, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, and Pune.
Note: Only 300 candidates will be accomodated in Mumbai Center on first come first basis. Remaining candidates desiring Mumbai Center will be accomodated in Navi Mumbai Center.
See the detailed syllabus for PIMS AICET UG below.
Candidates belonging to general category who secure minimum 50% marks in PIMS – AICET – UG 2016 and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
Candidates belonging to backward classes (SC/ST/NT & OBC) who secure minimum 40% marks in PIMS – AICET – UG 2016 and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
The admission to MBBS / BDS Courses will be offered only on the basis of PIMS – AICET – UG 2016 merit of candidates reported for counselling. There is no reservation for backward class (SC/ST/NT & OBC).
Note: The Students appearing for PIMS-AICET-UG 2016 for M.B.B.S. & B.D.S. are also eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Nursing), B.P.T (Physiotherapy) and B.Sc. Biotechnology courses of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences.
For More Details Regarding PIMS AICET UG 2016 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries regarding PIMS AICET UG 2016, please ask in comments below.