PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 to undergraduate courses in Medicine (MBBS) and dentistry (BDS) for academic year 2016-17 in constituent colleges of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the AIPMT-2016/NEET- I which was conducted on conducted on 24 July 2016.
PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016
The candidates desires to take admission in constituent colleges of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University), Loni need to apply to university along with All India Rank and percentile of marks obtained in AIPMT-2016/NEET-1 or NEET-II. The merit list of the candidates who have applied to the PIMS-(DU) will be prepared based on All India rank obtained in AIPMT-2016/NEET-I or NEET-II. The selection will done on the basis of merit of candidates reported for counseling.
After the introduction of NEET 2016, the admission to MBBS / BDS courses in Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences will be granted on the basis of NEET 2016 Score. Application for PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 is available here.
PIMS MBBS & BDS Counselling 2016
All Students having PIMS-DU merit number from 1 to 2500 are called for counseling at 9 AM as per following time table for admission to MBBS/BDS
|13 Sep 16||001 to 700|
|14 Sep 16||701 to 1300|
|15 Sep 16||1301 to 1900|
|16 Sep 16||1901 to 2500|
For Vacancy Position of PIMS MBBS & BDS Admission 2016 – Click Here (As on 16 Sep 2016) – New!
You will have to remain physically present yourself on the day and time of counseling along with the required Original Certificates and Demand Draft for payment of full fees as mentioned under clause Tuition Fees of the prospectus.
If you are unable to present yourself for counseling on account of unavoidable circumstances, you may authorize your representative to be present on the same day and time, on your behalf, along with authorization letter. He/She should carry all your Original documents for verification and requisite payment of fees by Demand Draft, if you are found eligible and offered admission.
Your or your authorized representatives absence at the time of counseling will result in instantaneous cancellation of your claim for admission.
This notice does not mean that you will be admitted to the course. Actual admission will depend upon number of seats available when your turn comes in order of merit.
Documents : You or your authorized representative shall have to produce following Original Documents along with two attested sets of their photocopies. In case you have already submitted Original Documents to some other institute, you should bring a certificate from Head of the Institution to that effect.
- AIPMT-2016/NEET-I/NEET-II 2016 Hall Ticket
- AIPMT-2016/NEET-I/NEET-II 2016 Statement of Marks
- Nationality Certificate / Valid passport / Domicile Certificate
- Certificate of Birth / Age (S.S.C. Passing Certificate / Valid Passport)
- S.S.C. / Equivalent Statement of Marks and Certificate
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Statement of Marks and Certificate
- Bonafide and Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Gap Certificate (if passed 10+2 in or before 2014)
- Medical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
- Caste validity certificate (by candidates belonging to all Backward class)
- Passport (In case of Foreign National/ Wards of person of Indian origin /Wards of NRI)
- Migration certificate
- Six passport size colour photographs
- Leaving / Transfer Certificate
- Photo identity proof (School identity card / driving licence etc.)
- AIU (Association of Indian Universities) Equivalence certificate (if studied under foreign system in India)
Payment of Fees : If you are found eligible and offered admission to a course, you will have to pay full tuition fee as mentioned under clause Tuition Fees of the prospectus by Demand Draft drawn on Nationalized bank in favour of PRAVARA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, Loni drawn on bank as indicated below.
|Drawn on Bank||Branch Code||Payable at|
|State Bank of India Loni Branch||6322||Loni-413736 Tal:Rahata Dist:Ahmednagar (MS)|
|Central Bank of India Pravara Medical Trust Loni Branch||3278||Loni-413736 Tal:Rahata Dist:Ahmednagar (MS)|
|Any Nationalised Bank||–||Pune Service Branch|
For convenience, the candidate is advised to bring two separate demand draft of Rs. 4,17,000/- and Rs. 4,33,000/-.i.e. total of Rs. 8,50,000.00.
You will have to pay the full amount of fees for the course to which you are offered admission, failing which the admission offered to you will be treated as cancelled and no claim of admission will be retained. The request for extension of time limit for payment or to accept partial payment will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Hostel Fee, Hostel Deposit and Mess Deposit can be paid in cash on confirmation of admission.
Please note that Counseling will be held at New Lecture Hall Complex of Rural Medical College, Loni (Bk) 413736, (Near Shirdi) Tal Rahata, Dist Ahmednagar, Maharashtra State.
- For PIMS MBBS & BDS Admission 2016 Counselling process – Click Here
Important dates of the PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 is given below.
|Online Application Form||17 Aug 2016 at 10 am|
|Last date for Receipt of Application Form||05 Sep 2016|
|Display of Merit List||07 Sep 2016|
|Date of Counseling||13 Sep to 15 Sep 2016|
|Commencement of Classes||19 Sep 2016|
PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 Quick Links
PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission Intake Capacity and Duration of Courses
The intake capacity and duration of courses as approved by the respective councils is given below :
Coures – MBBS
- Name of College – Rural Medical Colleg
- Intake Capacity – 200
- Duration of Course – 4 & 1/2 Years plus One year Internship
Coures – BDS
- Name of College – Rural Dental College
- Intake Capacity – 100
- Duration of Course – 4 Years plus One year Internship
PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission Eligibility Criteria
Nationality -Candidate must be an Indian National. The Nationality Certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate /Chief Metropolitan Magistrate or a valid passport will be considered as a proof of Nationality.
Age limit – The candidate must be born on or before 31st December 1999.
Educational Qualifications – Candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated below.
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to (10+2) Higher/Senior Secondary Examination which is conducted after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English as a core course.
Note: where the course content is not as prescribed for 10 +2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre – professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges.
The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and also English as compulsory subject.
The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or PreUniversity or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as compulsory subject.
The first year of the three years degree course of a University recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests in these subjects, provided the examination is a University Examination and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English.
B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), provided that he/she has passed B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English. For such qualification, the candidate are required to obtain equivalence certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi).
- Candidate belonging to general category must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together at the qualifying examination.
- Candidate belonging to backward classes (SC, ST, VJNT & OBC) must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology taken together at qualifying examination.
Candidates belonging to the backward class must attach a copy of the caste and caste validity certificate along with the application form. It should however be noted that there is no reservation for students belonging to Backward class. This certificate is required in support of relaxation of eligibility criteria i.e. if such a candidate gets admission on the basis of PIMS-DU Merit List, but has secured less than 50% marks in qualifing examinations.
- Candidates Qualified (10+2) under a foreign system in India, are required to obtain equivalence certificate from AIU (Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi).
- Candidates belonging to general category who secure minimum of marks at 50 percentile in AIPMT-2016/NEET- I or NEET-II.and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses .
- Candidates belonging to backward classes (SC/ST/NT & OBC) who secure minimum of marks at 40 percentile in AIPMT-2016/NEET- I or NEET-II and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
- The merit list has been prepared indicating hall ticket number, name, All India rank, PIMS-DU Merit number and percentile of marks scored by the candidate.
- A combined merit list is prepared for MBBS and BDS.
- The Merit List has been displayed as per schedule on the official website of the PIMS University i.e. www.pravara.com
Candidates belonging to general category who secure minimum of marks at 50 percentile in AIPMT-2016/NEET- I or NEET-II. and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
Candidates belonging to backward classes (SC/ST/NT & OBC) who secure minimum of marks at 40 percentile in AIPMT-2016/NEET- I or NEET-II.and satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by respective councils will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses.
The admission to MBBS / BDS Courses will be offered only on the basis of merit of candidates reported for counselling. There is no reservation for backward class (SC/ST/NT & OBC).
The mere inclusion of a candidate in the merit list will not entitle a candidate to be called for counselling.
Candidates short listed for counselling will be informed about the time and date of the counselling by display of notification on official website of university www.pravara.com. No individual correspondance will be made by university in this regard.
Asking a candidate to report for counselling does not mean that he/she will be admitted to the course
The actual admission will depend on the number of seats available when his/her turn comes in order of his/ her PIMS – DU merit.
The Counselling session will be conducted at
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences,
Loni 413 736, Tal-Rahata,
Dist – Ahmednagar, (MS), India.
The physical presence of the candidate and his / her guardian for counselling is essential. If a candidate is unable to present himself / herself for counselling on account of unavoidable circumstances, he/ she may authorise any individual to represent him/her. The said representative must carry with him/ her, the authorisation letter given by the candidate in prescribed format. The representative should bring original documents for verification and prescribed fees.
Candidates will have to report for counselling at their own cost.
Canvassing directly or indirectly for allotment of seat or adjustment will disqualify the candidate for admission.
The claim of eligible candidate will be forfeited and candidate will not be considered for subsequent rounds in case of following:
- If the Candidate/ representative is absent at the time and date given to him /her.
- If the Candidate does not join allotted course.
- If the Candidate fails to pay the prescribed fees at the time of counselling
In case of any dispute in the matter of allocation/ admission or any other matter pertaining to the provisional selection or cancellation of admission, the decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
For More Details Regarding PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure
If you have any queries regarding PIMS MBBS / BDS Admission 2016, please ask in comments below.