Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (AP POLYCET) 2017 – The State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad will conduct “Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (AP POLYCET)” for the candidates seeking admission in to all Diploma Courses in Engineering / Non Engineering/Technology offered at Polytechnics / institutions (including Aided and Unaided Private Polytechnics / Institutions running as 2nd shift in Pvt. Engineering Colleges) in Andhra Pradesh State for the academic year 2017-2018.
AP POLYCET 2017
Andhra Pradesh Department of Technical Department will be issued notification for Polytechnic Common Entrance Test 2017 for admission into Diploma courses in Engineering and Non-Engineering in the state of Andhra Pradesh.Every candidate desirous of seeking admission into Engineering/Non – Engineering Diploma courses can apply through online for POLYCET-2017. No separate application form for admission is prescribed. The filled in application for POLYCET-2017 itself is an application for admission.
Admission into new Diploma Courses sanctioned if any during this year 2017 will be done on the basis of POLYCET 2017 rank. Details of AP POLYCET 2017 application form, eligibility, admit card, exam pattern, result and counselling are given here for interested candidates.
Expected Schedule for the AP POLYCET 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of online filling of applications||Mar 2017|
|Last date of filling of online application||Apr 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||Apr 2017|
|Date of declaration of result||May 2017|
Insofar any details of AP POLYCET 2017 have not been officially announced. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for AP POLYCET 2017 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as AP POLYCET 2017 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
AP POLYCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Given below eligibility criteria is as per last year exam brochure.
- Candidate shall be an Indian National
- Candidate should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in G.O.(P).No. 646, Education (w) Dept., dated 10-07-1979 and its subsequent amendments.
- Candidates should have passed S.S.C. Examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Secondary Education, A.P/TS. such as Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), Indian Council for Secondary Education(ICSE), National Institute of Open School (NIOS), A.P. Open School Society (APOSS), X class examination conducted by various State Boards of Secondary Education in India with Mathematics as one of the subjects, and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to NIOS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/Other Examinations recognized as equivalent to SSC by A.P. Govt. should have passed all the subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum of 35% Marks in each subject.
- Candidates who appeared or are appearing for SSC or equivalent examination being held in March/April-2017, and whose results are yet to be declared can also appear for POLYCET- 2017.
- There is no age restriction for appearing for POLYCET-2017. However maximum eligible age for obtaining a scholarship, the guidelines prescribed in Memo No. 10537/SW(Edn.2)/2011, and issued from time to time by Social Welfare (Edn.) Department shall apply.
- Mere appearing for POLYCET-2017 and obtaining a merit rank does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission automatically unless the candidate fulfils the requirements laid down for admission.
AP POLYCET 2017 Exam Pattern
Last year exam pattern is given below.
The examination (POLYCET) will be of 2 hours duration consisting of only one paper as per the syllabus in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry of X Class (S.S.C.) Examination. March / April, as prescribed by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh./Telangana.
The Question paper consists of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question with only one correct response among them.
- 60 Questions in Mathematics for 60 Marks.
- 30 Questions in Physics for 30 Marks.
- 30 Questions in Chemistry for 30 Marks.
Exam Centres (Last year)
AP POLYCET 2017 Result
Last year selection procedure is given below.
- The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance examination shall be thirty percent i.e., 36 marks out of 120.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be assigned ranking irrespective of the marks obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates even less than 30% marks in POLYCET shall be eligible to compete for their category of seats during the admission.
- The marks obtained at the entrance test shall be considered for the purpose of assigning rank, on the basis of which, selection shall be made for admission in to diploma courses.
- The above rules are subject to any amendments that may be issued by the Government from time to time.
- Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the valuation of answer sheets, tabulation of results and ranking of the candidates. Hence, request for revaluation or re-totaling will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In case of a tie in rank at entrance test, the marks of the following subjects at Entrance Test in the same order as given below shall be considered for resolving the tie.
- Date of Birth
- While resolving the tie basing on the Date of birth as entered in the S.S.C. Certificate of the Candidate, candidate born earlier will be deemed to have obtained higher rank (better rank).
- In case the tie is still not resolved, the candidate who has secured higher percentage of marks in the qualifying test will be considered to have obtained a better rank, to resolve the tie.
The results are likely to be declared within fifteen days from the date of test. Rank Cards will also be dispatched within a week from the date of declaration of results.
The Candidates can download rank card from hptts://polycetap.nic.in or www.sbtetap.gov.in or from any help line centers or otherwise can contact coordinator of any helpline center for any further assistance.
Candidates can also refer the last year Download Information Brochure of AP POLYCET.