PU CET (PG) 2014 Sample Question Paper – M.Sc. (Hons. School) Chemistry
Sample Questions for M.Sc. (Hons. School) 2-Year Course Chemistry
1. Anti-Markonikoff cis-hydration of an alkene can be achieved by using
A) Catalytic hydrogenation
B) Li / liq. NH3 reduction
C) Alkaline KMnO4 solution
2. Beckmann rearrangement converts an oxime into
A) an amine
C) a substituted hydrazine
D) an amide
3. The configuration of the following stereoisomer
A) 2R, 3R
B) 2S, 3R
C) 2R, 3S
D) 2S, 3S
4. Which of the following is expected to have least paramagnetic character?
5. The freezing point of 0.1M solution of glucose is – 1.86 °C. If an equal volume of 0.3 M glucose is added, the freezing point of the mixture will be
A) –7.44 °C
C) –3.27 °C
D) –2.79 °C
6. 1g ice absorbs 335 J of heat to melt at 0 °C. The entropy change will be
A) 1.2 JK-1mol-1
B) 335 JK-1mol-1
C) 22.1 JK-1mol-1
D) 0.8 JK-1mol-1
7. Two moles of HI were heated in a sealed tube at 440 °C till the equilibrium was reached. HI was found to be 22 % dissociated. The equilibrium constant for dissociation is
B) 0.282 B) 0.0796
C) 0.0199 D) 1.99
8. During biological nitrogen fixation, nitrifying bacteria convert
A) NO3 to NH4
B) N2 to NH4
C) NH4 to NO3
D) NO3 to N2
9. Which of the following state is stablest for p2 configuration?
10.Which of the following has lowest CO stretching frequency?
PU CET (PG) 2014 Scheme of Test
The question paper will be on the concerned subject for which the admission to M.Sc. (Honours School) is being sought by the candidate. It will consist of 75 Objective Type Questions (Multiple Choice with four responses i.e. A, B, C & D) carrying a total of 75 marks. The question paper will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration. The standard of the question paper shall be based on latest syllabus prescribed for Bachelor’s degree of Panjab University (1st, 2nd and 3rd year together) in the relevant subject.
PU CET PG Eligibility for this exam
B.A./ B. Sc. (Pass or Honours) examination with 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC) of the Panjab University or any other examination recognized by the Panjab University as equivalent thereto with the subject desirous of seeking admission in M.Sc. (Honours School) Course as an elective subject for three years. For Entrance Test to M. Sc. (Hons. School) Mathematics B.A. / B. Sc. (General) with Mathematics from the colleges affiliated to Panjab University or from other Universities as recognized by the Panjab University. Note: B.Sc. (MLT) Course has not been made equivalent to B.Sc. (Hons. School) Biochemistry of Panjab University. The candidates who are already students of Panjab University Teaching Department and have passed/appeared/appearing in the B.Sc. (Honours School) final examination of the University during the current session in the relevant subject are not required to appear in the M.Sc. (Honours School) Admission Entrance Test. Their admission to the course shall be governed by the relevant rules and regulations of the University. For M.Sc. (Hons. School) Biophysics B.Sc.(H.S.) in Biophysics of Panjab University or B.Sc/B.Sc.(Hons.) in Biophysics/ Bioinformatics / Biotechnology of the Panjab University or any other examination recognized as equivalent or B.Sc. with i) Physics, ii) Chemistry and iii) any one of the subject from life sciences during all the three years of the graduation.
Click Here for All PU CET (PG) 2014 Sample Papers