Punjab University (PU) offers B.Pharmacy and B.Sc. (H) courses. For granting the admission, the University conducts a Common Entrance Test (CET). However, the qualifiers of the examination are also required to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to secure a seat in any of the courses.
PU CET 2017 will be held on June 04, 2017. Candidates who are interested in the studying the respective courses form PU, need to submit the application form of it. The PU CET application form released on April 18, 2017, and can be submitted until May 23, 2017. However, the application fee is to be submitted until May 20, 2017. The candidates can check PU CET exam dates, eligibility criteria, application process, counselling process, and more details form this page.
Important Note: For now, only the details about admission in B.Pharm and B.Sc. courses has been announced. The details for BHMS course will release in due course of time.
PU CET 2017 Important Dates
The entire schedule for the events of the examination has been announced. It is as given in the table below.
|Information brochure and application form availability||April 18, 2017|
|Deadline for submitting information on the website, for the generation of Bank Challan||May 17, 2017|
|Last date to submit fee through Bank Challan at any branch of SBI||May 20, 2017 (until 3:59 pm)|
|Last date to upload signature, photograph, and other details in the application form||May 23, 2017|
|Issuance of admit card||After May 30, 2017|
|PU CET 2017 will be held on||June 04, 2017|
|Answer key of the exam will be available from||June 06, 2017|
|Last date to put objections against the answer key||June 08, 2017|
|Result will be announced on||June 12, 2017|
|Admission forms will be available from||June 14, 2017|
|Last date to submit the admission form||June 28, 2017|
|Deadline to receive the admission form by the Coordinator of CET||July 07, 2017|
|Counselling will begin from*||July 14, 2017|
*Note: The schedule of counselling and merit announcement is given below.
Schedule of PU CET 2017
On June 06, 2017, the Common Entrance Test will be held as per the following schedule:
|Subject||Start Time||End Time|
|Mathematics||9:00 am||10:10 am|
|Physics||10:40 am||11:50 am|
|Chemistry||12:20 pm||1:30 pm|
|Biology||2:20 pm||3:30 pm|
PU CET 2017 Application Form
The application form for PU CET 2017 are only available online. To fill the application form, the candidates first need to register. The process to register is as below:
- Click on the link provided above.
- Submit Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, SMS Consent, E-Mail Id, Class 10th Roll Number, Class 10th Year of Passing, Subject for CET, Category, etc.
Once all the details are submitted correctly, the candidates will receive a Login Id and Password and will be able to fill details in the application form. Candidates should note that the application form will not be accepted until the candidates will submit the application fee of PU CET 2017.
Fee for PU CET Application Form: The application fee amount to be submitted by the candidates belonging to various category is:
- Rs. 2100 – Gen Category candidates (For PCB/PCM/M streams)
- Rs. 1050 – SC/ST/PwD Category (For PCB/PCM/M streams)
- Rs. 300 – Additional Paper (Biology/Mathematics)
PU CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of PU CET 2017 is as below:
For B.Pharm Course:
- B.Pharm – Candidates must have secured 50% marks in 10+2. The core subjects in qualifying examination must be English, Physics, and Chemistry, along with Biology/Biotechnology/Mathematic as an optional subject.
For B.Sc Course:
- Biology and Zoology – Student should have cleared 10+2 exams with more than 50%. The subjects of the candidates in qualifying examination must have been Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Anthropology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics – Core subjects in 10+2 should have been Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. The aggregate percentage in 10+2 should be more than 50%.
- Biochemistry and Microbiology – 10+2 examinations should have been passed with more than 50% and the core subjects should have been English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology.
- Biotechnology and Biophysics – The minimum marks required in 10+2 is 50%, along with following subjects; English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science.
- Mathematics – Candidates must have secured, at least, 50% marks in 10+2 and Mathematics should have been one of the subject.
PU CET 2017 Seat Matrix and CET Subjects
The number of seats in each course, along with the CET Subjects is as mentioned below:
|Course||Seat Intake||CET Subjects|
|B.Pharm||46||06||PCB or PCM|
|Anthropology||30||04||PCB or PCM|
|Physics (Spe in Electronics)||20||03|
PU CET 2017 Admit Card
The candidates who will register successfully by submitting the application form and the fee, will be issued admit card of May 30, 2017. The candidates will be able to download the admit card from login by entering the Login ID and Password.
The admit card of PU CET 217 is an important document. if the candidate is unable to produce it during the exam or counselling, the admission will not be granted. Candidates must ensure that they keep their admit card in good condition.
PU CET 2017 Exam Pattern
The aspects of PU CT 2017 are as below:
- Exam Center of PU CET – Chandigarh
- Mode of Exam – Pen and Paper
- Duration – 70 minutes for each subject paper
- Language of PU CET 2017 – English only
- Number of Question – 60 in each subject paper
- Marks Per Question – 2 marks
- Total Marks in a Subject Paper – 120 marks
- Negative Marking – 25% of 2 marks, i.e. 0.5 marks
- Syllabus – 10+1 and 10+2
PU CET 2017 Result
The result of PU CET 2017 will be announced for all the candidates who will take the exam. It will state ‘Qualified’ or ‘Not Qualified’ status of candidates PCM, PCB, and M. Only those candidates will be termed qualified who will manage to score more than the cutoff.
The cutoff marks for PU CET 2017 are as below:
|Category||Total Marks||Cutoff Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
Note: The admission of the candidates will be done on the basis of Merit and not the score
PU CET 2017 Counselling
Once the result will be announced, the University will release the admission form. The qualified candidates will have to fill the admission form in order to be considered for the merit allocation.
PU CET UG 2017 Merit List – The merit list of Panjab University will be prepared on the basis of marks in CET and Qualifying Examination.
The weightage of CET and class 12th marks, for the merit calculation, are as below:
|Qualifying Examination (+2)||25%|
|PU CET (UG) Entrance Test||75%|
First, the University will release a tentative merit list. The candidates will have then the opportunity to challenge it. After the candidates will submit objections and course preference, the provisional merit list will be released.
Then, on the basis of the provisional merit list, the seat allocation will be done. Candidates who will be allocated seats, will have to report at the respective department of Panjab University to fulfil the admission formalities.
The counselling schedule of PU CET 2017 is as below:
|Tentative merit list will be announced on||July 14, 2017|
|Objections against tentative merit list can be submitted on||July 14 and 15, 2017|
|Preferences for B.Pharma and B.Sc course can be submitted from||July 14 and 15, 2017|
|Provisional Merit list will be announced on||July 18, 2017|
|Round 1 seat allotment result will be announced on||July 18, 2017|
|Reporting at the respective department by candidates||July 19, 20, and 21, 2017|
|Classes will begin from||July 24, 2017|
|Vacant seat matrix will be announced on||July 28 and 29, 2017|
|Round 2 seat allotment result will be announced on||August 01, 2017|
|Reporting at respective department||August 02, 03, and 04, 2017|
|Vacant seat matrix will be announced on||August 05, 2017|
|Physical Counselling will be held on||August 07 and 08, 2017|
Candidates can also refer the Information Brochure of PU CET (UG & BHMS).
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.