PU MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS Admission
Admission will be made strictly on merit for all categories of candidates. A separate merit list for each category will be prepared based on the marks obtained in AIPMT conducted by CBSE, New Delhi. The result of NEET, ipso facto, does not entitle a candidate to get admission. For BHMS the merit shall be based on CET. In the event of a tie in the marks obtained in NEET, (CET for BHMS) a candidate getting higher percentage of total marks in the qualifying (10+2) examination in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Biotechnology shall rank higher and if the marks in (10+2) examination in the said subjects are also the same, then the candidate older in age shall rank higher.
No alterations will be allowed in the application form after its submission.
PU MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS Admission 2014 Distribution of Seats
The distribution of seats for MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS for various categories is as under:-
a)MBBS Course at Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
|TotalSeats||U.T. Pool||U.T. Pool SC||U.T. Pool PhysicalDisability||NRI||All IndiaQuota*||CentralPool*|
(* For information on central pool and all India quota seats please refer to page no. 5-6)
b) BDS Course at Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences, Chandigarh
|TotalSeats||Foreign National/ PIO/ NRI||General||SC (15%)||ST (7.5%)||Reserved for candidates from Hoshiarpur District preferably of Judge (Jaj) Community|
c) BAMS Course at Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh
* Counselling /Admission will be subject to the approval from Govt. of India on the recommendation of Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi.
d) BHMS Course at Homeopathic Medical College, Chandigarh
PU MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS Admission 2014 Fee Structure
Spot Payment at the time of admission. The fee for all the courses is required to be deposited on the spot, after the counselling on the same day. The details about the fee/funds as applicable for each courses are as under:-
|General Category||Rs. 14624/- per annum (approximately) by cash|
|SC Category||Rs. 10374/- per annum (approximately) by cash|
|Foreign Indian Students(NRI)||US $ 75000 + US $ 700 registration fee+ other university charges as applicableORUS $ 40000 (1st year) + US $ 700 registration fee + other university charges as applicableUS $ 17500 (2nd year) US $ 17500 (3rd year)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: The payment of NRI candidates will be accepted through bank draft (in favour of Director Principal, Govt. Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh) and the conversion charges will be borne by candidate only. The fee structure for MBBS course shall be subject to revision as per the Government notification (if any) prior to admission.
|Indian NationalsRs. 1,01,887/- per annum approximately||Foreign Indian Students (NRI)US $ 8410 + US $ 650 as NRI Registration Fee +Rs. 19522/- as other usual charges in the first year|
The fee is subject to revision by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
* IMPORTANT NOTE (FOR BDS CANDIDATES):-
- Admitted students will be required to pay full fee at the time of admission.
- Selected Candidates will have to make spot payment and no extra time will be given. Payments for the above mentioned fees will be accepted through Bank Draft in the name of Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh.
- The Candidates will have to pay the exact amounts as per Panjab University fee structure prevailing at the time of admission. The amounts mentioned above are approximate. Therefore, the candidates are advised to bring sufficient funds to meet with any increase in the fees at the time of admission. The amount over and above the fee structure, if any, will be accepted in cash only.
- The fee structure (including that for Foreign/NRI/PIO) if changed by the University from time to time shall be applicable accordingly.
- Candidates, who want to avail the hostel facility, are advised to bring an extra amount of ` 6000/- (approx.) to cover the initial hostel charges.
- Furthermore, any other instructions issued by the Panjab University, Chandigarh shall apply.
|Category General /SC/ST||Rs 80000/- p.a. + ` 5000/- (refundable) security advance|
|Category General /SC/ST||Rs ` 80000/- p.a. + ` 5000/- (refundable) security advance|