Punjab JET is the Joint Entrance Test for Diploma course admission. Till last year Punjab JET is being conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (PSBTE). Admission to more than 150 Punjab Polytechnic Colleges offering diploma programs are done on the basis of merit obtained in the exam. Get here complete details of Punjab JET such as JET Punjab application form, admit card, results, exam pattern, syllabus, and affiliated colleges details.
Punjab Diploma Admission 2016
Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training will not conduct JET this year. Admission in Diploma courses will be done on the basis of merit of qualifying examination through online counselling.
Click Here for detailed inforamtion on Punjabteched Admission 2016 in all Polytechnics / Institutions located in State of Punjab.
Punjab Joint Entrance Test (JET)
JET in Punjab, or the Punjab JET, is the gateway for admission to institutions offering Diploma in Punjab.
Punjab JET Quick Links
Please note that the information given below is for previous year JET examination. For Admission 2016 please refer to link give above.
Punjab JET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of JET Punjab is described in detail by the PSBTE. The Joint Entrance Test must be attempted by such candidates who have passed the Matriculation examination with Mathematics, Science (PCB), and English from the state board or central board (CBSE / ICSE / National Open School) or from any other country.
Who is eligible for 85% seats in JET Punjab?
- The eligibility criteria for 85% seats will be that candidate shall be a resident of Punjab State as per Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PPII Branch) letter No. 1/3/95-3PPII/9619 dated 6th June 1996 and letter No. 1/3/95-3PPII /81 dated 1st January, 1999. OR
- Candidate shall have passed the matriculation examination from an institution / school affiliated to Punjab School Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School situated in Punjab. The candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/Head of Institution last attended in the prescribed proforma as given in the prospectus.
About Punjab JET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Punjab JET is designed so as to test aptly the candidates who have qualified matriculation exam. Briefly, the scheme of examination is elaborated as follows.
- Total number of questions in the Punjab JET exam is 200.
- Subjects from which questions are to be asked are English, General Awareness & Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Each question is a multiple choice question (MCQ), answers have to be marked in an OMR sheet.
- Duration of the exam is three (3) hours.
- Maximum marks that can be obtained in the Punjab JET is 800.
Punjab JET Result
The result of Punjab JET indicates marks obtained by each candidate, and rank. Only those candidates who score marks more than the JET Punjab cut off (10% for general and other categories, and 5% for SC / ST candidates) will be eligible for counselling.
- Result of JET in Punjab can be checked by candidates roll number wise.
- Candidate can get to know the marks obtained (out of 800), and corresponding merit rank for diploma admission in Punjab Polytechnics.
- Admission and counselling will be on merit-preference basis, subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria by the candidate.
- The Punjab JET result will be announced in April (last week), or May (first week).
- Candidates shall appear in the online counseling in the order of JET ranks provided they have passed the basic qualifying examination.
After declaration of JET Result candidates will be called for Punjab JET Counselling. Candidates will be admitted based on Merit through common counselling.
List of Institutes
If you have any queries regarding Punjab JET 2015, please ask in comments below.