Punjab JET 2014 – Joint Entrance Test to be conducted for admission to diploma courses
Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training has decided to conduct JET 2014 on 20th April 2014 (Sunday) between 10 am to 1 pm in various examination centres to be located in Punjab and Chandigarh. The information diary and OMR application forms will be made available from the 2nd week of February at the cost of Rs 50 per form.
Applications for JET-2014 are invited from candidates desirous of seeking admission to diploma courses in the institutions (located in Punjab and Chandigarh -UT) affiliated to the Punjab State Board Of Technical Education And Industrial Training.
The JET will be conducted by the Board for admission to various diploma courses which are being offered or proposed to be offered in the Institutions.
The admission to institutions will be based on the JET merit category wise. Reservation shall be as per reservation policy of Government of Punjab/UT Chandigarh.
Punjab JET 2014 Quick Links
Punjab JET 2014 Important Information
Punjab JET 2014 Resources
Punjab JET Syllabus
The syllabus for this test is broadly based upon the syllabus prescribed for Matriculation Examination (i.e. 9th and 10th classes) of Punjab School Education Board.
Punjab JET Examination Scheme
- JET-2014 will have one paper of 200 questions (English-40, General awareness and Aptitude-40, Mathematics-40, Physics-40, Chemistry-40).
- The question paper will have multiple choice objective type questions only.
- There will be no negative marking in the JET.
- The objective type questions shall be answered on a pre-printed Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet. The candidate is required to mark his/her responses as per instructions given on the OMR answer sheet.
After Punjab JET, PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
- Detail procedure including reservation policy for admission to various diploma courses shall be outlined in Admission Prospectus after the JET test.
- Admission Prospectus will be made available after the declaration of result of JET 2014. The candidates should note that for participation in online counselling for admission, submission of Admission application Form is compulsory The exact date shall be notified through newspapers.
- Admission Prospectus will be available at a cost of Rs. 250/- through District Suvidha Centres, Banks, Book sellers and the affiliated institutions.
- This Admission forms shall be then submitted by the candidates at District Suvidha Centres, Banks and the affiliated institutions with a processing fee of Rs. 300/.
- The online admission counseling will not be charged any fee and shall be started from the last week of June.
Benefits /Concession in Diploma courses
- Full tuition fee concession under the Fee Waiver scheme for 5% students, whose parents annual income is less than Rs. 4.5 lacs.
- Scholarship of Rs. 12,000/- for 200 meritorious students, whose parents annual income is less than Rs. 2.0 lacs.
- Full Fee concession for 80 students, whose parents annual income is less than Rs. 1.5 lac.
- Full fee concession for top 3% of meritorious students in Government Polytechnic Institutions.
- Book grant of Rs. 600/- per semester for top 2.5% of meritorious students of General category and all the pass SC category students.
- There is provision of scholarship of Rs. 10,000/- and Rs. 320/- as maintenance allowance to Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist and Parsi community students by the Centre Government. For this benefit they must have passed the previous exam with minimum 50% marks and whose parents annual income is less than Rs. 2 lacs.
- Full fee concession for SC students, whose parents annual income is less than Rs. 2 lacs.
THREE YEAR DIPLOMA COURSES:
- Architectural Assistantship
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Comm. Engg.
- Electr. & Telecommunication Engg.
- Fashion Design
- Leather Technology (Footwear)
- Garment Technology
- Information Technology
- Production & Industrial Engg.
- Leather Technology
- Library and Information Science.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engg. (RAC)
- Medical Lab Technology
- Plastic Technology
- Textile Technology (Knitting)
- Textile Technology (Weaving)
- Textile Technology (Spinning)
- Textile Design
- Textile Processing
- Automobile Engineering.
- Marine Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engg. (Industry Integrated)
- Computer Science and Engg.
- Tool & Die Making
- Aeronautical Engineering
FOUR YEAR DIPLOMA COURSE
- Mechanical Engineering (Tool & Die)
Fee Structure: Applicable to all the institutions in Punjab State and SGGS Chandigarh.
|Details||Amount (in Rs.)|
|Registration Charges* (one time)||500.00|
|Collection on behalf of Institute|
|Tuition Fee (half yearly)||11,000.00|
|Refundable Security (one time)||500.00|
|Development Fund (yearly)||3,650.00|
|Student Activities fund (yearly)||2,235.00|
|Student Activities fund (one time)||265.00|
- Fee for CTR, Ludhiana and CIHT Jalandhar Rs. 8,750/-
- Fee for CCET and GPW, Chandigarh Rs. 5,025/-
- Note : Changes, if any, in the fee structure shall be notified at the time of admission.
- * For three years only. Students who do not complete the course within three years, will have to re-register themself for further period of three years after paying re-registeration charges of Rs. 500/-
Punjab JET Official Website: www.punjabteched.com.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.
Punjab JET Helpline Numbers : 84374 92555, 84374 92666, 84374 92777, 84374 92888, 84374 92999.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|jet 2014||Jet test||jet punjab||joint entrance test punjab 2014||j e t test|