Punjab JET 2015 is the Joint Entrance Test for Diploma course admission. The Punjab JET 2015 is being conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (PSBTE). Admission to more than 150 Punjab Polytechnic Colleges offering diploma programs shall be done on the basis of merit obtained in the exam. Get here complete details of Punjab JET 2015 such as JET Punjab 2015 application form, admit card, results, exam pattern, syllabus, and affiliated colleges details.
Date of Punjab Joint Entrance Test (JET) 2015 exam is April 19, 2015. The exam will be held from 10 AM to 1 PM.
Latest News : The last date of Punjab JET Application form has been Extended till April 06, 2015
Punjab Joint Entrance Test (JET) 2015
JET in Punjab, or the Punjab JET 2015, is the gateway for admission to institutions offering Diploma in Punjab. The important dates for the Joint Entrance Test are as follows.
|Last Date for Submission Of JET Application Forms||31-March-2015|
|Date Of Conduct Of JET||19-April-2015|
|Punjab JET 2015 results declaration||Announced|
Punjab JET Quick Links
Punjab JET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of JET Punjab 2015 is described in detail by the PSBTE. The Joint Entrance Test must be attempted by such candidates who have passed the Matriculation examination with Mathematics, Science (PCB), and English from the state board or central board (CBSE / ICSE / National Open School) or from any other country.
Who is eligible for 85% seats in JET Punjab 2015?
- The eligibility criteria for 85% seats will be that candidate shall be a resident of Punjab State as per Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PPII Branch) letter No. 1/3/95-3PPII/9619 dated 6th June 1996 and letter No. 1/3/95-3PPII /81 dated 1st January, 1999. OR
- Candidate shall have passed the matriculation examination from an institution / school affiliated to Punjab School Education Board / CBSE / ICSE / National Open School situated in Punjab. The candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/Head of Institution last attended in the prescribed proforma as given in the prospectus.
About Punjab JET 2015 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Punjab JET 2015 is designed so as to test aptly the candidates who have qualified matriculation exam. Briefly, the scheme of examination is elaborated as follows.
- Total number of questions in the Punjab JET 2015 exam is 200.
- Subjects from which questions are to be asked are English, General Awareness & Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Each question is a multiple choice question (MCQ), answers have to be marked in an OMR sheet.
- Duration of the exam is three (3) hours.
- Maximum marks that can be obtained in the Punjab JET 2015 is 800.
Punjab JET Result 2015
The result of Punjab JET 2015 indicates marks obtained by each candidate, and rank. Only those candidates who score marks more than the JET Punjab cut off (10% for general and other categories, and 5% for SC / ST candidates) will be eligible for counselling.
- Result of JET in Punjab 2015 can be checked by candidates roll number wise.
- Candidate can get to know the marks obtained (out of 800), and corresponding merit rank for diploma admission in Punjab Polytechnics.
- Admission and counselling will be on merit-preference basis, subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria by the candidate.
- The Punjab JET result 2015 will be announced in April, 2015 (last week), or May, 2015 (first week).
- Candidates shall appear in the online counseling in the order of JET ranks provided they have passed the basic qualifying examination.
After declaration of JET Result candidates will be called for Punjab JET Counselling 2015. Candidates will be admitted based on Merit through common counselling.
List of Institutes
If you have any queries regarding Punjab JET 2015, please ask in comments below.