DTU Admissions 2014 Reservation of seats
Reservation policy would be notified on the website www.dce.edu as and when the same is approved by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The policy for last year was as per the following:
(a) Scheduled Castes (SC)
15 percent of the total seats in each Institution.
(b) Scheduled Tribes (ST)*
7.5 percent of the total seats in each Institution.
* (As per reservation of Govt. of Delhi for the year 2014-15)
(c) Other Backward Classes (OBC)
27% over and above the normal intake.
Sub categories under each category
(d) Children/War Widows of Defense Personnel Killed/Disabled in Action (CW) 5 percent of the total seats in each Institution for children/windows of personnel of Armed/ Paramilitary Forces killed/disabled in action during the hostilities in the following priority:-
- Priority I – Widows/wards of Defence Personnel/Para-Military Personnel Killed in action.
- Priority II – Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen/Para-Military Personnel disabled in action.
- Priority III – Widows/wards of Defence Personnel/Para-Military Personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to Military Service.
- Priority IV – Wards of Defence Personnel/Para-Military Personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to Military Service.
- Priority V – Wards of ex-servicemen personnel and serving personnel paramilitary / police personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
(e) Physically Handicapped (PH) : 3 percent of the total seats in DTU.
The 3 percent reservation may be allocated as followed: 1 percent for persons with low vision or blindness, 1 percent for hearing impaired, 1 percent for those with loco motor disabilities and/or cerebral palsy.
(f) Kashmiri Migrants Seats (KM)
One seat in DTU over and above their normal intake earmarked is reserved for Kashmiri Migrants candidate who have passed 10+2 from schools located in NCT of Delhi for admission to B.Tech. courses from the academic session. The candidates seeking admission under Kashmiri Migrants seats should submit attested copies of the following documents alongwith the application form and bring the same in original at the time of counseling:
- Certificate of registration as Kashmiri Migrants issued by the Relief Commissioner, Jammu or Divisional Commissioner, Delhi to establish the status of the applicant as registered migrants.
- Provisional or original Senior School Certificate examination or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Mark-sheet of the Senior School Certificate Examination or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Secondary School Examination or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto (showing the Date of Birth).
- Proof of property in Kashmir of the parent of the candidate.
- Proof of current residence such as Ration Card, Photo Identity Card issued by the Election Commissioner, Driving License etc.
(g) Single Girl Child
One seat in each branch of DTU over and above their normal intake earmarked is reserved for Single Girl Child candidate (Girl having no brother and sister) who have passed 10+2 from schools located in NCT of Delhi for admission to B.Tech. courses.
For claiming admission in this category, the Father/Mother/Guardian (in case parents are deceased) shall have to submit affidavit to this effect duly attested by area District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(h) Central/State Board Topper (TP)
One seat in each branch of DTU over and above their normal intake earmarked is reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates.
For claiming admission to this category, candidate has to submit a certificate issued from the respective board, at the time of reporting for admission at DTU.
- In the case of category (a) and (b), the vacant seats are interchangeable.
- In case sufficient number of eligible candidate from the categories mentioned at (d) and (e) above are not available, the vacancies will be treated as unreserved in the respective category.
- In case sufficient numbers of eligible candidates from category mentioned at (c) are not available, the vacancies will be treated as unreserved.
- The reservation under CW category is available only to such candidates who fall under the above listed five priorities.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to prove his/her eligibility for claiming reservation under any of the reserved categories. The candidates under SC/ST/CW/PD/SG categories will be required to produce the original certificate of the respective reserved category issued by the competent authority (as listed in “CERTIFICATES REQUIRED” link of this website) at the time of counselling. If the category certificate is not found to be in order, no benefit of the reserved category will be given.
Reservation in respect of SC/ST/OBC for the session 2014-15 shall be provided as per the policy of the Govt. of Delhi.
DELHI REGION CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION UNDER SC/ST/OBC ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI ONLY.