Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) has notified in regard of RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2016 to admit students to the M.Tech Program in Petroleum engineering, Chemical Engineering for the academic session 2016 – 18. The candidates willing to take admission to the mentioned courses shall apply for RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2016. Read complete details about the Application Form, Eligibility, Written Test, Result etc on this page.
Latest – List of selected candidates for RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2016 has been published. Check below.
RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2016
The institute has commenced the process of admission in a 2-year M. Tech. program for the session starting in July 2016 (Academic Session 2016-18). The selection of candidates for M.Tech Admission in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology will be based on their performance in written test, interview, valid GATE score and previous academic performances taken together. The details of RGIPT M.Tech Admission 2016 are given below for desirous candidate who want to apply.
Schedule of events for RGIPT Admission 2016
|Start date for application||21 Mar 2016|
|Last date for submission of application||30 Jun 2016|
|Declaration of a list of candidates called for test/ interview||08 Jul 2016|
|Date of written test and/ or interview||14 Jul 2016|
|Declaration of result||20 Jul 2016|
|Acceptance of admission||27 Jul 2016|
|Date of registration||30 Jul 2016|
Selected Candidates – New!
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) has published a list of selected candidates for M.Tech Admission 2016. Candidates can now check their name in the list on the official website of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology or by a direct link that is posted on this page below.
- Click here to check the list of selected Candidates
The Application Form for M.Tech can be filled through the online facility provided by RGIPT. Those candidates who are eligible and interested in applying can visit the link given below to pay the application fee and then apply online.
- Application process is over…!!!
Application fee should be submitted before filling of application form. Payment of the application fee should be made through online / bank challan system. (SBI & Associate Bank only)
|General and OBC Candidates||Rs 400|
|SC , ST, PH Candidates||Rs 200|
Instructions for Online Application Form
Step – 1 – Pay Application Fee
- The candidate is required to submit the application fee as applicable using the ‘Pay Application Fee’ link mentioned above.
- On the next page, choose the payment category as ‘M.Tech’ from the dropdown menu and a detailed payment page will be opened.
- Next, Enter the Name, Father’s Name, DoB, Mobile No., Email id & Category and click ‘Submit’.
- Now the ‘Verify and Confirm’ page will be opened. Read the entered details and click ‘confirm’ if all details are correct.
- On the next page, Select Payment Mode as per your requirement such Debit Card / Credit Card /Ne Banking / SBI Challan.
- After the successful payment, an e-receipt will be generated. For SBI Challan, the candidate needs to submit the required fee with the challan at any SBI branch.
Step – 2 – Fill Application Form
- After the fee remission, the candidate needs to click on the ‘Apply Online’ link given above.
- On the opened age, enter the SBI reference no., name , DoB and mobile umber. Click Submit.
- Click Upload Photo Button and choose photo having size less than 50KB.
- Click Upload Signature Button and choose photo having size less than 20KB.
- Select Gender from Radio Button and type Mother’s Name, Country, Permanent and Communication Address, Phone Number, IIT JEE Advance Rank, IIT JEE Application Number, Registration Number, Advance Roll Number.
- Click on Save Button to move to Form Preview Page.
- Check all the details provided in the application form and click ‘Submit’.
- Please note down RGIPT Registration Number for future use.
- Take a print out of the application form.
The print out of online application duly signed along with demand draft/details of online payment and necessary enclosures should reach at the following address. Please mark the envelope “Application form for M. Tech. (mention broad area)”.
Applications are to be sent to – Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Ratapur Chowk, Rae Bareli, U.P.-229316, India.
Documents to be submitted with RGIPT Application Form
- Demand Draft for the application fee (please write name on the backside of the demand draft). Not applicable if the payment has been made online.
- Admit card and GATE score card copies, self-attested
- Class 10th and 12th certificates and mark sheets.
- Copies of the first, second, third and fourth year’s mark sheets & graduation degree.
- Work experience certificate (If any)
- Valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/SC/ST Category.
- In respect of OBC category, attach a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate and a self-declaration (To be signed by candidate) form.
- Valid certificates for physically handicapped category.
- One passport size latest color photo fixed on the application form.
- Letter from competent authority for sponsored category with relevant experience certificate.
For Petroleum Engineering
- A 4-year B.Tech/B.E. degree in Petroleum, Petrochemical, Production, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a valid GATE score.
For Chemical Engineering
- A 4-year B.Tech/B.E. degree in Chemical or Petrochemical Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a valid GATE score.
Company sponsorship basis
- GATE score is not required. These candidates will have to qualify in a subject-wise written test and interview. Such candidates will not be eligible for M. Tech. scholarship. The candidate should have worked for the sponsoring organization for at least two years and the company should guarantee continued employment during the period of study.
Written Test / Interview
After the completion of the application process, the applications shall be verified for eligibility and a list of shortlisted candidates shall be made. The shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at Rae Bareli for a written test/ interview.
All selected General/OBC candidates called for the written Test/Interview will be reimbursed to & fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route after joining their respective programme. However, all SC/ST/PH candidates called for the written Test/Interview will be reimbursed to & fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route at the time of interview.Candidates have to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim.
Company sponsorship basis: GATE score is not required. These candidates will have to qualify in a subject-wise interview. Such candidates will not be eligible for M. Tech. fellowship. Candidate should have worked for the sponsoring organization for at least two years.
Payment of application fee can be done via DD or Online transfer.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology,
Ratapur Chowk, Rae Bareli, U.P.-229316, India
Ph: 0535-2704258, 2704244
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.