RPMT Eligibility Criteria 2014
No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the MBBS or BDS course until he or she has passed the qualifying examination as under:
|The Senior Secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to 10+2 after a period of 12 years study, the last 2 years of study must comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology with English as compulsory subject.||The Senior Secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to 10+2 after a period of 12 years study, the last 2 years of study must comprise of Physics, Chemistry, Biology with English as compulsory subject.|
Note: Where the Course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 educational structure of the National Committee, the candidate will have to undergo period of one year Pre-Professional training before admission to Medical Colleges. The Pre-Professional Course may be conducted either at a Medical College or a Science College. Provided also that in case of admission on the basis of competitive entrance examinations, a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology / Biotechnology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list as a result of such competitive entrance examination by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together in the competitive examination. In respect of candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Special Backward Classes the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination be 40% instead of 50% as stated above. Further, for persons with locomotors disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General PH and 40% marks for SCPH/ST-PH/OBC-PH/SBC-PH are required. Provided further that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, the result of which has not been declared is to be provisionally permitted to take up the RPMT 2014 and in case of selection for admission to the MBBS/ BDS Course, he/ she shall not be admitted in that course until he/ she holds the eligibility criteria on the date of the allotment.
- Age limit Minimum 17 years on or before 31st December 2014, i.e., born on or before 01-01-1998.
Other Qualification Criteria
- The candidate has studied for the last three years of qualifying examination continuously as a regular candidate in a recognized institution in Rajasthan and is an Indian National.
- Natural father/Mother of the candidate has continuously resided in Rajasthan for period of last 10 years and the candidate has studied for at least 5 years during this period in a recognized educational institution in Rajasthan.
- All those students who are bonafide residents of Rajasthan but are studying in other states will also be eligible for appearing at RPMT-2014.
- The candidate is son/daughter of serving or retired (i) Employee of Government of Rajasthan (ii) Officer of All Indian Services borne on State Cadres of Rajasthan and has served for more than three years with State Government.
- The candidate is son/daughter of serving or retired, permanent employee of Govt. Undertaking/ Corporation/Improvement Trust/ Municipal Bodies/ Council/ Partchayat Samiti/ Co-operative bodies, duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan by an act of Law who has put in at least three years of service on the last date of submission of application in the year of admission.
- The candidate is son/daughter of serving/retired, permanent employee of any of the State University or Secondary Board of Education (Rajasthan) provided that employee has worked in Rajasthan for three years preceding the last date of submission of the application.
- Candidate is a natural son/daughter of a Serving/Retired permanent employee of Indian Defense and the employee is of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his place of posting. Provided that in case of Defense Personnel from Rajasthan origin, a certificate has to be submitted by them from Sairtik Kalyan Board to the effect that his state of origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry into service. Eligible candidates of this category shall be admitted as per laid down criteria of priority cum merit of the RPMT-2014.
- Candidate is a natural son/daughter of a Serving permanent employee of Indian Defense and the employee is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of submission of the application for admission.
- Candidate is a son/daughter of serving/Retired person of Para-Military Forces of India and the employee is of Rajasthan origin, irrespective of his place of posting. Provided that in case of Para-Military personal from the Rajasthan origin, a certificate (certificate proforma 3) has to be submitted by them from the employer to the effect that his state of origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry into service.
- Candidate is a son/daughter of serving person of Para-Military Forces of India and the employee is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of submission of the application for admission. (certificate proforma 4)
- Candidate is a Son/Daughter of a Judge of Rajasthan High Court subject to the condition that he/she submits an undertaking/affidavit stating that such benefit is not being claimed or availed by them in any other State.