RPMT 2014 Notification
The Rajasthan Pre Medical Test for the academic session 2014-2015 will be conducted by the Medical Education Department, Government of Rajasthan. 85% of the seats in Medical and Dental colleges in Rajasthan will be filled on basis of the RPMT 2014 and the remaining 15% seats will be filled on basis of AIPMT 2014. The RPMT 2014 exam date is to be from 28 May 2014 to 30 May 2014. RPMT 2014 application form date of availability is from 10th April 2014 to 3rd May.
Courses offered: MBBS, BDS
Students in Rajasthan who have qualified in class 12th examination or will be appearing in 2014 can apply for the exam, condition to their fulfiling the eligibility criteria.
RPMT 2014 Eligibility
- To be eligible to apply for the exam, the student must have passed in class 12th or equivalent HSC exam.
- The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology in +1 and +2 of studies.
- In case of BDS, the student must have studied PCMB (not biotechnology).
- The student should have passed in each of the subjects.
Qualifying marks in class 12th exam:
- Should be 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology.
- In case of SC / ST / OBC / SBC students, the aggregate marks required is 40%.
- For General PH students, the aggregate marks required is 45% and for SC-PH, ST-Ph, OBC-PH and SBC-PH, the marks should be 40%.
Age Limit: The applicant must have attained minimum age of 17 years as on 31-December-2014.
- The candidate should have studied for last three years in Rajasthan. OR
- Parents have been resident of Rajasthan for last ten years and student has studied for five years in that duration. OR
- Student is bonafide resident of Rajasthan, but has studied in another state.
To apply for the exam, candidate can apply online. RPMT 2014 Online Application Form will also be available. There are chances that the complete procedure will be done online and no offline forms may be provided.
Government Medical Colleges
|JLMC Jhalwar (Payment Seats)||35|
|Geetanjali Medical Udaipur||10|
|Total MBBS Seats in Rajasthan Government Colleges||1073|
Government Dental Colleges
RPMT Reservation and Categories
15% seats in all colleges will be filled on basis of AIPMT 2014. Also, 1/6 th seats will be reserved for Central Government pool. For the seats that remain after these, the reservation shall apply as follows.
|SC||16%||25% of these reserved for girls|
|ST||12%||25% of these reserved for girls|
|OBC||21%||25% of these reserved for girls|
|SBC||1%||25% of these reserved for girls|
|Child of defence personnel||1%||50% of these reserved for girls|
|Horizontal reservation for PH in each category||3%|
RPMT 2014 Syllabus
The syllabus shall include class 11 and 12th board syllabus of Rajasthan Board. The candidate must prepare thoroughly in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
RPMT 2014 Exam Pattern
The Rajasthan Pre Medical Test will have 200 multiple choice questions of equal weightage. There shall be 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
For each correct answer, student will be awarded +3 marks and for each incorrect answer will get -1 (negative) marks.