Sastra University B.Tech. Admission 2014
Admission to the B.Tech. / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. programmes will be conducted under two streams. All the applicants will be eligible for both the stream and need not submit two separate application form. This application form will be considered for the both streams.
- Stream 1 (based on JEE(Main) 2014 and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
- Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats.
SASTRA University B.Tech. Admission 2014 Quick Links
Stream 1 Admission: Applicants under Stream 1 will be admitted to 70% of the seats based on JEE (Main) 2014 scores and normalized +2 marks. The weightage for JEE Main scores and +2 marks will be 25% & 75% respectively. The aggregate JEE Main score and normalized +2 aggregate will be taken together as per the weightage and applicants will be ranked based on the resultant combined score. For example: If a student secures a JEE Main Score of 185 and a normalized +2 aggregate of 95%, the combined score of the student will be (0.25*185) + (0.75*95) = 117.5.
The combined score of a student will be used to determine the SASTRA Rank and admission will be based on the SASTRA Rank secured. Total seats in Stream 1 will be filled in the following method: (i) 20% (10%+10%) of intake will be offered to the students from Trichy and Thanjavur Districts, provided the applicant has completed both X and XII from any school located in Trichy or Thanjavur District. (ii) 50% of the intake will be offered to those who complete X and XII in schools within Tamilnadu (Puducherry included).
The remaining 30% will be for students who have completed X and XII in schools outside Tamilnadu.
Stream 2 Admission: Applicants under Stream 2 will be admitted based on their normalized aggregate +2 or its equivalent marks. This is for 30% of the total seats. To bring all candidates from different examining authorities/ boards in the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, the +2 or its equivalent aggregate marks will be normalized. A first rank student of each board is considered to have obtained 100% mark and aggregate mark of all other students of the board is normalized with reference to that of the first rank student. For example, if the first rank is 97% and an applicant’s aggregate is 90% then the applicant’s normalized percentage is 92.78 (90/97×100). A merit list is drawn based on the normalized percentage for making admissions for the 30% of the total seats. The Trichy/Thanjavur/Tamilnadu and All India stream will be applicable as per Stream 1.
- Applicants are allowed to attend counselling for Stream 2 even if they are admitted under Stream 1 and can change branch, if they wish to.
- Please note that the last date for receiving application for both Streams is June 07, 2014. Applicants are advised to submit application with results of +2 and JEE (Main) 2014 along with relevant photocopies. The applicant is advised to enter both +2 & JEE (Main) 2014 details in his/her own interest (this is for student who have valid JEE (Main) 2014 scores).
Sastra B.Tech Application Form 2014
Application forms can be downloaded / submitted online.
M.Tech ( 5 Years integrated) Programme:
- Click Here for Sastra University M.Tech ( 5 Years integrated) Admission 2014 Complete Information.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.