SASTRA University B.Tech. Admission 2015

SASTRA University B.Tech. Admission 2015 will be done by the Office of Admissions of SASTRA, either by following normalization for 30% of the seats or by JEE (MAIN) + normalized +2 for the remaining 70%. SASTRA University B.Tech. Admission are based only on SASTRA University Merit and only tuition fees will have to be paid. As per the Government of India norms, provision is made for NRI admissions.

Quick Links

Eligibility for B.Tech programmes

A pass in the +2 (or) its equivalent examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology and recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 (or) its equivalent examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology obtained in a single sitting.

Students with diploma in Engineering / Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech. Programme. The candidate should not have completed 19 years as on 1.7.2015. (21 years for Lateral Entry)

SASTRA University Rank List for admission to B.Tech. / 5-Year Integrated M.Tech.

Application forms will be available from the last week of March 2015 and the last date for submission of completed application forms with JEE Scores and +2 Marks will be during the 1st week of June’2015. The SASTRA University Result will be announced at 9 pm on the same date and will be available at www.sastra.edu . Based on the SASTRA University result, students will be called for SASTRA University Counselling and will be individually intimated on the date and time of counselling. Please note that you need not wait for JEE (Advanced) Scores, even if you are eligible to appear for Advanced. JEE(Main) Scores are enough and JEE (Main) 2015 results are expected to be released during the first week of May’2015.

Courses Offered

Courses Duration (Years)
B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering 4
B.Tech. Bioengineering 4
B.Tech. Bioinformatics 4
B.Tech. Biotechnology 4
B.Tech. Civil Engineering 4
B.Tech. Chemical Engineering 4
B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering 4
B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering 4
B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering 4
B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 4
B.Tech. Information & Communication Technology 4
B.Tech. Information Technology 4
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering 4
B.Tech. Mechatronics 4
B.Tech. Programmes in all the above thro’ Lateral Entry (II yr.) 3
M.Tech. Advanced Manufacturing (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Automobile Engineering (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Bioinformatics (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Biotechnology (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Communication Systems (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Construction Engineering & Management (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Instrumentation & Control (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Medical Nanotechnology (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Power Systems (Integrated Course) 5
M.Tech. Structural Engineering (Integrated Course) 5
B.Com (Computer Applications) 3
B.A.,LL.B.(Hons.)/ B.Com.,LL.B.(Hons.) /B.B.A.,LL.B.(Hons.) (Integrated Course) 5

Fee Structure

  • Tuition Fees Rs.45,000 per semester
  • Development Fees Rs. 10,000 (one-time during admission)
  • Other fees Rs. 7,000 (one-time during admission)

If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.

Click Here for All Sastra University Admissions Click Here for JEE Main Complete Information