Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS UG) Pune Admission 2014 on basis of SET 2014
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune, set up in the year 2004, is a constituent Institute of Symbiosis International University. It is the centre that provides an ecosystem replete with opportunities to all students for value based management education that allows them to seek their inner potential and hone their skills, which enable them to culminate into future global managers and responsible citizens. The students strive to implore, innovate and inspire throughout their journey at SCMS, Pune.
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune will be a globally respected institute that lays a strong foundation in management education thus developing managers who are committed to excellence in their chosen path without compromising on moral values.
To provide an environment that:
- Challenges the students’ mind through academics
- Encourages physical fitness
- Nurtures creativity in all its forms and
- Emphasizes on inculcation of values
- thus transforming them into socially responsible managers and leaders.
- Class rooms: SCMS has spacious classrooms with LCD projector, facility of collar mikes and a Public address system. Ours is a fully Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Computer Laboratory: The institute has a well equipped computer laboratory, with LCD Projector and internet connectivity, so as facilitate the teaching-learning process.
- Library & Reading Room: Our Library houses some of the finest collections of management &course specific books, classics, fiction& non- fiction books, periodicals, journals, newspapers, CDs, DVDs, etc. The noteworthy feature is the digital library which enables access to e-journals, e-books, online databases and online public access catalog.
- Students’ Interaction lounge: The Interaction lounge of our centre helps our students to interact freely with our faculty members and extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Placement Cell: In order to carry out the placement related activities for the Third year students the college has constituted the Placement Cell.
- Audio Visual Room, and Conference Hall: Most of the corporate presentations related to placements, group exercises and personal interviews for the purpose of admission of students, takes place in the Audio Visual Room and the Conference Hall
- Indoor Games room: Indoor games like Table tennis, carom, chess, scrabble, etc. are available in the institute for the purpose of rejuvenating the students.
- Outdoor sports facilities: We have exclusively earmarked for the students, an outdoor sports area with facilities for playing basketball, football and cricket.
- Music room: A well equipped music room with all modern wind and string instruments is available for use of our students.
- Counseling room and Sick bay: The Campus has an in-house counselor available to the students on all working days.
- Scrollers: Important information is disseminated to the students instantly through scrollers strategically positioned in all the floors.
Canteen, Mess, Hostel & Campus facility
- Cafeteria – The campus houses a cafeteria that serves multi-cuisine food.
- Mess – The College has a mess which serves both vegetarian as well as non vegetarian breakfast, lunch, evening snacks& dinner.
- Hostel -The college provides students ample accommodation through luxurious twin sharing/ single, well furnished rooms with Wi-fi facility, hot and cold water facilities throughout the day, attached bath & toilets, generator backup, indoor games / recreations rooms with TV, guest rooms, housekeeping and round the clock security. It is located within a radius of 1 km from the campus.
- Convenience store – The campus has an in-house convenience store for gaining access to necessaries.
- Reprography Centre – The campus has a reprography centre which helps students with supply of necessary stationery, photocopying and print out facilities.
- Gymnasium – The campus has a gym set up with all latest equipments.
- Health Care Centre – We have a health care centre on campus with one doctor and medical staff. The students use this facility to undergo their health checkup every year.
- ATM – Corporation Bank has set up an ATM in the campus for the facility of students, faculty and staff.
- Café Coffee Day has installed an outlet in campus which besides coffee, serves snacks to students.
Bachelor of Business Administration – (BBA)
The BBA programme is a full-time, three-year graduation programme spread over six semesters which aims at transforming a student into a corporate personality. This programme with its intensive syllabus and a wide range of additional modules would indeed enable the student to aspire for higher studies in premium business schools in India and abroad.
Cafeteria Approach: The Institute follows a cafeteria curriculum which was successfully launched from the Academic Year 2011-12. The Cafeteria curriculum has been designed to allow flexibility to the students to take up courses of their choiceresulting in the award of a general BBA or BBA with single or dual specialization.
The programme is of 150 credits having a combination of core courses and elective courses. The cafeteria approach will encourage and allow students to choose elective courses from across various specializations.
The institute offers six specializations from Academic year 2013-14:
a. Human Resource Management
b. Marketing Management
c. Accounting & Finance
d. International Business
e. Environmental Management
f. Entrepreneurship Management
SCMS, Pune offers Certificate and Diploma courses from the Academic year 2014-15:
- Certificate in Financial Markets
- Certificate in International Financial Reporting Standards
The Placement Cell is an integral part of our institute. Our placement cell has been immensely successful in creating and maintaining a good network across top notch companies in all sectors, thereby ensuring opportunities to students for recruitment with promising career options. The students registering for placements undergo extensive training ranging from career guidance to soft-skill building. This enhances students’ confidence thus helping them perform better at the time of recruitments. Since its inception SCMS has seen the presence of many successful companies who have offered our students positions in major domains such as human resources, marketing, manufacturing, consultancy, advertising and finance. Some of the sectors in which our students are placed include, audit, automotive and banking. Some of the companies which periodically visit our campus for the purpose of offering campus recruitments to our students include KPMG, PWC, Zomato, Indiacom, GPW, Iplace, etc. The last academic year was particularly successful, with 80% of the eligible students suitably placed.
Methods of Instruction
The Institute strongly believes in interactive learning through lectures, workshops, Industrial visits, Case studies, Project work and field trips, Research Projects, Internships and Simulations.
Profile of students
An important ‘take-away’of being a Symbiosis product comes out of the long-standing commitment to diversity. The difference in opinions, convictions, economic background, gender, colour, nationality brings life to our campus community and fosters tolerance. The environment causes intellectual churning and therefore brings out the best in our students. The centre has 178 International students (including Non Resident Indians and Foreign Nationals).
After completing the programme students can pursue higher education in any of the premier management institutes in India or abroad. Students who do not wish to pursue further studies will have placement opportunities in various areas such as Finance, Marketing, Sales, Human Resource Management and Environmental Management. One of our important aims is to capacitate and motivate our students to be budding entrepreneurs.
Eligibility for Admission
1. Passed XII or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council / Universitywithminimum 50% marks for general (open) category and 45% marks for students of SC and ST category.
2. Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), Personal interview and Writing Ability Test (PIWAT) of our centre.
Indian students will be admitted on the basis of the merit list drawn out of the results of the selection process through SET and (PI-WAT).
Admissions of all International Students are done through the International Office of Symbiosis International University (SCIE).To check if you are an international student, refer to :
Intake for the BBA programme in Pune
Indian students: 240
International Students (Including PIO and NRI students): 60
Total = 300
Reservation of seats for Special Categories
Within the sanctioned intake
SC – 15%
ST – 7.5%
Differentlyabled – 3%
Wards of Serving/RetiredDefence Personnel-5%
Over and above the sanctioned intake
Kashmiri Migrants – 2 seats over and above intake
- Those who have registered for SET but not registered for SCMS Pune, are required to do so on or before 16th May 2014.
- Those who have paid the application fees of Rs. 1000 for SCMS, Pune, but failed to register for SCMS Pune, are required to register on or before 16th May, 2014.
While applying to the institute don’t forget to mention
- Your preferred Centre (Pune, NOIDA, Bengaluru) to appear for the Personal Interview- Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) should you be shortlisted for the same. While allotment of the centre would depend on the capacity of each centre and the demand for the same, we would endeavour to honour your preference.
- The category under which you have applied. This is mandatory as shortlisting for PI-WAT would be done category-wise based on the SET score. When such information is not available, the candidate will be considered under open category and this cannot be altered subsequently.
|Sl. No.||Activity||Dates for SET||Dates for SCMS, Pune|
|1.||Online Registration begins||Wed, 12 ,Feb,2014||Wed, 12 Feb,2014|
|2.||Registration closes||Sun, 13, April, 2014||Friday 16 May 2014|
|3.||Downloading of Admit cards||April 21, 2014 Monday to May 03, 2014 Saturday|
|4.||Online Payment Closes
Last date to send application fees of Rs 1000/- for SCMS ,Pune, payable at Pune
|May 16 2014 Friday
May 10 2014 Saturday
|5.||Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)||May 03, 2014 Saturday (Time: 9.30 am to 12.00 pm And 2.30pm to 5.00 pm)|
|6.||SET results||May 19, 2014|
|7.||Declaration of SCMS, PUNE shortlist candidates for (PI-WAT)||Thu, May 22, 2014|
|Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test Schedule for SCMS, Pune (In Pune, Noida and Bangalore):
|8.||First list of short listed candidates for admission to SCMS, PUNE||Thurs, Jun 5, 2014|
|9.||Last date for payment of fees of First list of candidates||Fri, 13 June 2014|
|13.||Second list of short listed candidates for admission||Sat, Jun 14, 2014|
|14.||Last date for payment of fees of Second list of candidates||Fri, Jun 20, 2014|
|15.||Third list of short listed candidates for admission||Sat, Jun 21, 2014|
|16.||Last date for payment of fees of Third list of candidates||Thur, Jun 26, 2014|
|17.||Reporting to SCMS, Pune||Sat, Jun 28, 2014 or Sun, June 29 2014|
|17.||Programme commencement date||Mon, Jun 30, 2014|
* PI/WAT at Noida and Bangalore will be conducted subject to a minimum demand by 50 students
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility of admission will be decided by Symbiosis International University.
Candidates are advised to have the train/air bookings done soon after they have taken SET. The centre will be unable to change the (PI-WAT) schedule announced along with the results. However keep a track for recent updates on our website.
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune
Survey No.231, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411014
Tel: 91-020-26634534/020-26634530 (Only for Admission queries)
E-mail: [email protected]