TANCET 2014 – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
The Government of Tamilnadu have authorised Anna University for conducting the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) for admission to M.B.A, M.C.A and M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan Degree Programmes offered in colleges in Tamilnadu.
The procedure for seeking admission to MBA, MCA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan Degree Programmes for the academic year 2014 consists of the following two steps:
- Appearing for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2014.
- Applying for admission to the admitting authorities concerned.
Students are advised to look for separate advertisements to be released by the admitting authorities for admission as shown below.
|S.No.||Name of the Degree||Name of the Institutions offering the courses||Name and address of admitting authority|
|1||MBA / MCA in College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Director, Anna University, Chennai||College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University, Chennai and Anna University Regional Centres||Director, Centre for Admissions, Anna University|
|2||MBA / MCA / MCA # (Lateral Entry) in other Institutions||Government, Government Aided Engineering Colleges, Arts and Science Colleges and for the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges, Arts and Science Colleges under the purview of Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai – 25 and Directorate of Collegiate Education, Chennai – 6 including stand-alone Institutions||Common notification issued by the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai – 25. and Directorate of Collegiate Education, Chennai – 6.|
|3||M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./ M.Plan GATE/Non GATE (Aided and Self Supporting Full Time / Part Time) / Sponsored (Full Time/Part Time) categories under Single Window Counselling||(i) University Departments of Anna University, Chennai – 25 / Anna University Regional Centres / University Colleges of Engineering.|
(ii) Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges.
(iii) Self-financing Engineering Colleges for the seats surrendered for admission through Single Window Counselling
|Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA), Anna University, Chennai – 25.|
TANCET 2014 Quick Links
TANCET 2014 Important Information
rograms of Study
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.) / Master of Technology (M.Tech.) /Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) / Master of Planning (M.Plan).
The Government of Tamilnadu have authorised Anna University for conducting the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) for admission to 1) M.B.A 2) M.C.A & 3) M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. Degree Programmes offered in colleges in Tamilnadu.
Applications are invited for Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test for admission to M.B.A. Degree Programme, M.C.A. Degree Programme offered at
- University Departments / Colleges of Anna University.
- Government & Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges
- Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges/including stand-alone Institutions) under Government Quota and seats voluntarily surrendered by the self-financing colleges in Tamilnadu for admission through Single window counselling.
Other Universities functioning under the State Act in Tamilnadu and self-financing colleges (Engineering Colleges, Arts & Science Colleges/including stand-alone Institutions) may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test 2014.
M.E./ M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Degree Programmes offered at
- University Departments of Anna University, Chennai – 25, Anna University Regional Centres and University Colleges of Engineering.
- Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Self-financing Engineering Colleges for the seats voluntarily surrendered for admission through Single window counselling.
Other Universities and self financing engineering colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test under single window counselling of admission.
Categories - M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan.
The candidates who apply for admission to full time M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. degree programmes in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Planning are grouped as given below.
- A. GATE CATEGORY: Candidates who have a valid GATE 2014 score with qualifying marks for assistantship in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology and Candidates who have a valid GATE 2014 score with qualifying marks for assistantship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers should appear for TANCET 2014 also.
- B. NON – GATE CATEGORY: Candidates willing to be considered under Non-GATE category must appear for TANCET 2014.
- C. SPONSORED CATEGORY: A limited number of seats is made available for the candidates employed and sponsored by the Government organisations, Government aided educational institutions and registered professional architects with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, under sponsored category. All such candidates who intend to apply under sponsored category have to appear for TANCET 2014.
TANCET 2014 Examination Centres
The entrance test will be held at the following cities:
Every effort will be taken to comply with the candidate’s choice for the entrance test centre. However, any other centre may be allotted to few candidates due to reasons like non-availability of space. In any case, a centre once allotted cannot be altered for any reasons.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|tancet 2014 result||enginearing college application forms in tamilnadu||No 1 TANCET govt colleges||tancet||tamilnadu medical entrance exam 2014|