Thapar University Application Form 2016-17 is available on its official website. Candidates seeking admission in TU shall fill up the Thapar University Online Application Form 2016 and then take the print out of the Thapar University Admission Form 2016. Paste a recent passport size photograph on Thapar University Application Form. Please keep one copy of the printout of completely filled Thapar University Admission Form as it will be required at the time of document checking during counselling.
|Courses||Last date for submission of Application form|
|BE/B.Tech (on the basis of JEE Main)||14 May 2016|
|B.Tech (Biotechnology)||30 Jun 2016|
|BE/B.Tech (LEET) & ME/M.Tech||17 Jun 2016|
|MBA||14 Jun 2016|
|MCA, MSc, MA||30 Jun 2016|
|Ph.D (for Odd semester and Even Semester)||30 Jun 2016 & 01 Dec 2016|
|FN/NRI candidates for all programs||30 Jun 2016|
Thapar University Application Form 2016
Candidates seeking admission in Thapar University shall fill up the online application form available on our website www.thapar.edu. The candidates are required to fill complete details in the online form. Follow the process mentioned asunder for filling up online application form. Candidates can also fill the online application from the direct link provided below.
- Application process is over…!!!
Thapar University Application Fee is given below for various courses. Please note that Application Fee is Non-refundable.
- For all UG, BE/BTech, ME/MTech, MCA and PhD programs : Rs. 1500
- For MA, MSc and MBA program : Rs. 1000
This Amount to be deposited with print out of application forms taken from website.
After filling the online application form, take two printouts of the form.
Note : If you have filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully through online mode, then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form. In case you choose the option of making payment through Demand Draft (DD), then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form after the University receives your filled Application Form along with DD through Registered Post/Courier/Speed Post or by hand at the following address:
“In-charge Admission Cell’ Thapar University, Patiala (Punjab)-147 004.
Process of filling Online Application
Step 1: Click on “Apply Online” link on home page of Thapar University website www.thapar.edu.
Step 2: You will reach the landing page of online application form of Thapar University where you will choose the programme in which you are interested to apply. Once your mouse hovers over the program type, then you will see three buttons namely “Eligibility”, “How to Apply” and “Apply Now”. We strongly suggest you to visit “Eligibility” and “How to Apply” pages before clicking on to “Apply Now” button of respective programme.
Step 3: Now click on “Create New Account” tab and fill in the details to create and receive a unique “Username” and “Password” by email for applying to Thapar University. If you have already received your “Username” and “Password”, then login as per Step 4.
Step 4: Login with your “Username” and “Password”. Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, choose the preferences of the programs, upload your recent photograph & signature, and then Submit the application form.
Step 5: Pay the Application Fee through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or through Demand Draft (offline mode). (Application Fee is Rs. 1,500/- for all programs except MSc and MA and Rs. 1,000/- for MSc and MA programs).
Mode of Payment of Application Fee and Other Dues
Application fee: It can be paid in the form of DD or through online payment.
- Receipts in any Kotak Mahindra Bank (account-to-account transfer): It is available in all the branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank. A sample payment pay-in-slip is available at www.thapar.edu. The system generates Journal Number which is to be used for linking the payment. The students are instructed to get the 6-10 digit journal number from the branch where they have made the payment and feed the same in the web site where the details are captured along with date of payment. The deposit of amount in the below mentioned account of the University will not give any right to the depositor for jurisdiction of the station where it has been deposited in any manner what so ever it may be.
- For depositing money through KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK, a candidate can deposit money in favour of the following account:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd – 02630020000237
- In the form of Demand Draft (DD), the DD of requisite amount should be made in favour of Thapar University, Patiala and payable at Patiala. The DD must reach the University on or before the prescribed date otherwise the candidature shall be cancelled.
- Candidates depositing total fee through KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK must enter complete details in ‘Fee Confirmation Slip’ (FCS) available at www.thapar.eduon or before the respective last prescribed date. In case, a candidate fails to enter the details, his/her candidature will not be processed further.
Thapar University Other Information
For admission to BE/BTech Lateral Entry (LEET) Program
If the candidate is applying in two different groups (as mentioned in the brochure) for admission to LEET programmes than he/she has to select additional group with requisite fee for each group. However, if the candidate is applying for only one group then he needs to fill only one application form along with the requisite fee.
For admission to ME/MTech programs
For all the ME/MTech programs offered by a particular department/school single application form is required to be filled. However, if candidate wants to apply for ME/MTech program of other department/school also, he/she is required to select an additional department/school along with requisite application fee.
For admission to MSc and MA programs
Candidates applying for more than one discipline of MSc, MA programmes are required to fill single application form along with requisite application fee.
For admission to MCA (2-yr) and MCA (3-yr) programs
Candidates who are eligible to apply for MCA (2-yr) and MCA (3-yr) both programs required to fill single application form along with requisite application fee.
For admission to PhD programs
For all PhD programs offered by a particular department/school, single application form is required to be filled. However, if candidate want to apply for PhD program of other department/school also, then he/she is required to select an additional department/school along with requisite application fee.