University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admissions 2015
Issue of application form to a candidate does not automatically ensure his/her eligibility for admission to the course. Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/ Job/ Full-time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously. Fresh candidates must verify the eligibility, age limit & availability of method subject(s) before filling up the application form because the application fee is non- refundable.
Dates for online application is 26/06/2015 to 05/07/2015
Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree (50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree means 50% marks in aggregate i.e. 50% of total marks of Honours subject + Elective subjects) and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible for application. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and D.A. (Differently abled Persons) categories.
As per instructions of UGC, the eligible SC/ST, OBC, D.A. Students etc. should submit their scholarship form for the academic year by February, for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, D.A. etc. each year.
Age Limit: Age of the Fresh Candidates as on 30th June, 2015 shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in favour of D.A.category candidates.
Reservation: 22% & 6% of total seats shall be kept reserved for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) respectively .
As per Govt. order no. 330-ED(CS)/ES/EE/10M-16/15, dated 06.04.2015, ratio for home University students and other University students shall be 80:20.
For Deputed Candidates of all categories (Gen., SC, ST D.A.), provisional Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service. In case of same length of service of two or more candidates, the 2nd and 3rd criteria shall be Academic Score and Date of Birth respectively.
Separate list for deputed applicants shall be prepared as per the following groups :
- Life Science Group : (Zoo., Bot., Physio., Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env.Sc.)
- Physical Science Group : (Phy., Elect., Chem., Bio-chem.),
- Math./Stat./Comp. Application/Comp. Sc./Engineering or Technology.
For Fresh Candidates of all categories (Gen., SC, S.T. & D.A.), subject wise provisional Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their Grade Points to be computed as per the following norms :
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the H.S.(10+2) or Equivalent Examination.
- a) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination
b) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Hons. or equivalent Examination [% of marks obtained in this case must be computed considering the marks of Hons. subject + Elective subjects, if any].
- 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examination.
- a) Ad hoc 5 marks shall be awarded for M. Phil. Degree or,
b) Ad hoc 8 marks shall be awarded for Ph. D. degree.
(Candidates with M. Phil. & Ph. D. degrees both, only 8 marks be awarded).
University of Burdwan Merit List 2015
It will be available only on the University Website on or before 11/07/2015. Candidates have to download the rank card and before download the rank card please upload the photograph. Without photo graph application will be invalid.
The list of the selected candidates will be displayed in the university website on or before 11/07/2015.
Instructions for 2-Yr. B.Ed. Admission (2015-2017)
- Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/ Job/ Full-time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously.
- Please go through the information sheet before filling up the online application form.
- Application is to be filled up in two steps. In the first screen (right portion of this page) candidate has to fill up the basic information. Once it is done click on the proceed button to fill up the marks and other information in second part of the application form.
- After completion on the second part click on the Submit button, which will navigate to the profile page of the candidate. Where candidate can view the information submitted. Please note that once the form is submitted no marks information could be modified. Please note your Application Code for future reference.
- After submitting the form, candidate has to upload his or her photo by clicking on the Upload Photo link in the profile page. Uploading the photo is mandatory otherwise the application form will be treated as cancelled.
- After Uploading the photo candidate should take a printout of the application form, sign it in the specified space and submit along with the demand draft to the Secretary Arts, etc, The university of Burdwan, Rajbati, Burdwan. Please write your Application code and name in the back side of the demand draft.
- Candidate can view his/her profile page at any time through login (clicking on the Login to Student Profile button in the home page). Enter your application code as user name and use the password which is submitted during form fill up.
- At any point of time candidate can change his/her password, download the application form, from the dashboard of the profile page.
- At the time of admission candidate should carry the Rank Card which will be available in profile page of the candidate after publication of the provisional merit list.
- At any point of time, if the candidate forgot the password then contact with Secretary, Faculty council of Arts, etc with proper evidence.
- Application is compatable with Mozila Firefox. Use “Mozila Firefox” for best view in the application.
- Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/Job/Full- time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously.
For more detail Download University of Burdwan Information Brochure HERE.