University of Burdwan B.Ed. Admissions 2014
Application form along with Information Sheet will be available on and from 11.03.2014 to 31.03.2014 (from 11am to 2.30 pm), only on working days, in the B.Ed. Colleges affiliated to this University as well as from the Sales & Information Unit, B.U. Rajbati, Burdwan (from 11am to1.30 pm) on payment of Rs.300/- as the cost of application form and on production of original mark sheet (either Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree whichever will fulfill the eligibility).
Application form may also be downloaded from HERE
Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/Job/Full- time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously.
Deputed candidates attention please :
- As per Govt. order no. ED-271/2013, dated 24.04.2013, particularly the teachers, teaching for class IX onward, will be allowed to pursue B.Ed. course under conventional mode and 50% seats will be considered for deputed teachers in the NCTE recognized (Govt., Govt. Aided, Self-financed & University Dept.) Institutions.
- As per order no. ED-S/1(4)/2014, dated 08.01.2014, the last date of release of deputed teacher trainees will be 30th June of every year instead of 15th May as the course runs from 1st July to 30th June of the every academic session according to NCTE norms.
- Each deputed candidate must verify eligibility & availability of method subjects as mentioned below before collecting the application form (White coloured).
- Each fresh candidate must verify eligibility, age, availability of method subjects and category of application form to be issued to him/ her as mentioned below before collecting the application form.
- Only 5% seats of the fresh candidates in each College will be considered for the students of Other than Burdwan University and separate list will be prepared for them.
Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree and / or in Master’s Degree in Arts/ Science/ Fine Arts/ Music/ Commerce or any other qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible to apply. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and PWD ( Persons with disabilities ) categories .
NB : 50% or 45% marks (as the case may be) in Bachelor’s Degree with Hons. may be determined either on the basis of Hons. marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks & marks of the Elective Subjects taken together.
Age Limit : Age of the fresh Candidates as on 30th June, 2014 shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in favour of fresh PWD category candidates.
In each college 22% & 6% of total seats shall be kept reserved for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed ) respectively and PWD candidates will enjoy a 3% reservation in each of the categories, i.e. in SC, ST and in the Unreserved or General category.
Availability of Method Subjects
- Beng., Eng., Sans., Hindi., Geo., Hist., Econ., Pol. Sc., Phil., Edn., Music, Commerce, LSc.[Zoo., Bot., Physio., (Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env.Sc.)], PSc. [( Phy./ Elect.), (Chem./Bio- chem.)], Math.
- Availability of method subjects in the Govt./ Govt. sponsored or Aided /Self-financed Colleges may be changed at any stage during the process of admission to the Course.
- Candidates, having Hons./P.G. in Stat./ Comp. Application / Comp. Sc./ Comp.Sc. & Engineering or Information Technology, shall be eligible to apply and in this case they shall have to take Mathematics as the 1st method. List of those applicants shall be prepared with the applicants for the subject, Mathematics.
- Candidates, having Hons./P.G. in Sociology, shall be eligible to apply and in this case they shall have to choose method subjects from their elective subjects as well as compulsory language papers. List of those applicants shall be prepared with the applicants for the subject, Political Science.
- The fresh candidates, having Hons./ P.G. in Santali / Arabic/ Urdu, shall be eligible to apply and shall get admission to the course subject to a maximum number of seats stipulated for them in each case. They shall have to choose method subjects from their elective subjects & accordingly their names will be enlisted as per the 1st method to be mentioned by them in the application forms.
Result, Merit List
Provisional Merit List along with Waiting List will be published on 13th May, 2014. The same will be available only in all the B. Ed. Colleges affiliated to this University as well as on the University Website. Please, note that no list will be put on the University Notice Board as earlier. For correction of mistake in the Provisional merit list as well as waiting list, in respect of name, form no., category, grade point, or length of service, subject and others, as mentioned in the application form, written intimation of a candidate must reach the office of the Secretary, U.G. Council, B.U. Rajbati, Burdwan, within 16.03.2014. Selection for admission to the course will be made through Central Counselling serially on the basis of corrected list and offer of admission will be given on the basis of availability of seats and subjects in the Colleges concerned.
Counselling and Admission
Venue, Date, Time and Sl. Nos. for Counselling shall be announced at the time of publication of provisional merit as well as waiting lists and the same will be available on the University Website as well. During counselling candidates are advised to bring with them the receipt of the application form and all the credentials in original. If any candidate (or his/her authorized representative) fails to appear at the Counselling, he/she will not be considered for admission to the course and no further request will be entertained in this regard. After Counselling names of the selected candidates shall be sent to the respective colleges for admission and the remaining part of admission process shall be done by the college concerned. Admission of the Candidates, allotted to the Dept. of Education, B.U. for pursuing this course, shall be done by the Office of the Secretary, Faculty Council (Arts etc.), B. U. Once allotted no further request for change will be entertained.
At the time of admission, selected candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) must produce all the credentials in original. The mere fact that any candidate, provisionally recommended for admission through counselling, does not by itself ensure admission to the course unless his/her original credentials are found in order and admission shall be made final only after proper verification of all the credentials in original. In addition, deputed candidates must have to submit “No Objection Certificate” in original, at the time of admission, taken from their employer permitting them to pursue the course of studies (from July 2014 to June 2015) on fulltime basis.
Total fee for pursuing this Course in the (A) Govt. & Govt. Sponsored/Aided Colleges is Rs. 10000/- (including tuition fees) + (Rs. 200/- per lab. based method subject) for Fresh Candidates and Rs. 15000/- (including tuition fees) + (Rs. 200/- per lab. based method subject) for Deputed Candidates, (B) Self-financed Colleges is Rs. 44,000/- (including Uni. Exam. Fee Rs. 1500) + (Rs. 1000/- per lab. based method subject) or as may be revised by the Govt. both for Deputed & Fresh Candidates of which Rs. 19000/- (may be enhanced) will be paid at the time of admission and the rest amount i.e. Rs. 25000/- (may be enhanced) will be paid in five (5) equal installments starting from the month of November, 2014. and (C) Department of Education, Golapbag, B.U. will be as per Burdwan University Rules.
In Self-financed Colleges, five (5) Fresh candidates or as may be decided by the Govt. shall get the opportunity of full free [i.e. Rs. 7,000 (including Uni. Exam.Fee Rs.1500) + (Rs. 1000/- per lab. based method subject) shall be paid as total course fee] or ten (10) candidates or as may be decided by the Govt. shall get half-free [i.e. Rs. 24,000 (may be enhanced) (including Uni. Exam.Fee Rs.1500) + (Rs. 1000/- per lab. based method subject) shall be paid as total course fee] or together (full free & half free), maximum to the equivalent of five (5) candidates or as may be decided by the Govt. with full free benefit. This benefit will be given to the poor but meritorious fresh Candidates not to the Candidates to be admitted under Management Quota.
For More Information Click Here