University of Hyderabad Admission 2014 Notification
The University of Hyderabad invites bright, aspiring students committed to excellence to apply for admission to various postgraduate courses and research programmes through an All-India entrance examination. The University offers, subject to availability, hostel facility to the students admitted to any of its regular programmes of study.
- I.M.A. and I.M.Sc. (5-year Integrated) Courses (after +2 level education viz. Inter/HSC/CBSE/ ICSE): (10 Semesters) in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences. PG Courses (after 3/4 year graduation): (4/6 semesters) in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Art History, Communication, Business Administration in Health Care and Hospital Management, Health Psychology, Master of Computer Applications and Master of Public Health.
- Adv. PG Diploma and P.G Diploma: (2 semesters) in Folk Culture Studies, Mineral Exploration, Sanskrit Computational Linguistics, Children Theatre/Theatre in Education and Health Communication.
- M.Tech. Programmes: (4 semesters) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology (CS/AI/IT), Computational Techniques, Integrated Circuit Technology, Bioinformatics, Mineral Exploration, Materials Engineering and Nano Science and Technology.
- M.Phil. Programmes: (2 semesters) in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ph.D. Programmes: (2-5 years) in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Dance, Theatre Arts, Communication and Management studies.
- Integrated M.Phil./Ph.D. in Cognitive Science.
- Integrated M.Sc./Ph.D. in Biotechnology.
Centres for the entrance examinations: Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ananthapur, Bangaluru, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Calicut, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dimapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Impal, Jaipur, Jammu, Kadapa, Karimnagar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nizamabad, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Raipur, Shilong, Srinagar, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Warangal. The University reserves the right to cancel any of the examination centres and allot another centre closer to the centre cancelled.
Detailed information is given in the Prospectus 2014-15 which is available on the University’s website and here. Printed copies are not available with the University for sale. Candidates who are appearing in the final examination of the qualifying degree and expecting their results and certificates before 31st July 2014 are also eligible to apply.
Reservation of seats: Reservation of seats shall be as per the GOI/UGC norms for SC/ST/OBC/PH/ Wards/Dependants of Defence Personnel/ Kashmiri Migrants/ Foreign Nationals/ NRIs. Few seats are also provided to the nominees from some UT/NE states. Relaxation in the prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is also provided for SC/ST/PH category candidates.
Entrance Examination fee (Separate application is required for each course/programme):
|For General & OBC Category||Rs. 350/-|
|For SC/ST/PH Category||Rs. 150|
How to apply: Candidates are required to apply online through University website. The Prospectus and Instructions for filling the online application form can be downloaded from here.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2014 Notification is given below.