UPCMET 2016, or Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test, was to be held on
14 May 2016. UPCMET 2016 is being organized by the UP Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association. Medical aspirants who seek admission in medical colleges of UP, can appear in the exam. Details of UPCMET 2016 are given below.
Latest – Details of First Round of Counseling for MBBS 2016 is announced. Check ‘Counselling‘ link given below.
UPCMET 2016 – UPUMCWA
UPUMCWA is conducting UPCMET 2016 for admission in M.B.B.S first year (2016-17) for and on behalf of member colleges in the Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA). Admission will be done as per the merit list prepared in the manner mentioned here on the basis of marks secured in the above UPCMET 2016.
UPUMCWA MBBS Admission through NEET 2016
The aspirant for MBBS 1st Year are hereby informed the following:
- That, the candidates who have already applied for admission in MBBS 1st year of member medical colleges vide the application forms of UPCMET – 2016 are required to send the scanned copy of their admit card of NEET to the Coordinator, UPUMCWA through the email at [email protected] so that their result of NEET can be download for the purposes of preparation of merit by UPUMCWA. Further, the applicants qualified in NEET are required to upload their NEET score cards on the interface provided on the website www.upumcwa.org within the three days of declaration of result of NEET.
- That, the candidates seeking admission in MBBS 1st Year of the member medical colleges of UPUMCWA but who have not applied for UPCMET – 2016, are required to apply through the online link of the application form available on the website www.upumcwa.org of the U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA) on payment of Rs. 1000/- till August 25, 2016 and send the scanned copy of the Admit Card of the NEET to the Coordinator, UPUMCWA through the email at [email protected] so that their results of NEET can be downloaded for the purposes of preparation of merit by UPUMCWA.
- Further, the applicants qualified in NEET are required to upload their NEET score cards on the interface provided on the website www.upumcwa.org within the three days of declaration of result of NEET.
- Click here to update your NEET 2016 Score for UPUMCWA Admission 2016 – New!
- That, the merit prepared on the basis of the merit of the applicants qualified in NEET will be declared within 10 days of the declaration of the result of NEET. Thereafter, the First Counseling will be conducted within a week and the schedule for the same will be notified through the website www.upumcwa.org
Schedule for UPCMET 2016 is given below.
|Application form available from||20 Oct 2015|
|Last Date of Application form submission||30 Apr 2016|
|Date of Entrance Examination|
|Date of Result Declaration||by Second week of June 2016|
|Counselling||After 15 Jul 2016|
UPCMET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of UPCMET 2016. Please read details below.
Candidates must have passed 10+2 level examination of UP Board / ISC / CBSE or its equivalent from any recognised Board / University with English as a subject; securing minimum 50% (45% in case of SC/ST) marks on average in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (including practical examination) taken together.
Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination of 2016 are also eligible to appear in entrance test but at the time of counselling they have to produce the passing marksheet of 10+2 examination, failing which no allotment of seats will be made.
Age Limit : To appear in the Entrance Examination candidate should have completed 17 years as on 31st December, 2016.
Nationality : Admission is open to all citizens of India.
UPCMET 2016 Exam Pattern
UPCMET 2016 Exam Pattern indicates the sections in question paper, marking scheme and other relevant details. Candidates who will be appearing in the UPCMET exam this year should be aware of the details of exam. To prepare well for UPCMET 2016, have a look at the exam pattern. Questions asked in the medical entrance exam is broadly from topics taught in class 11 and 12. The paper contains questions from physical science, biological science and english.
UPCMET 2016 will be organised for admission in MBBS Course for academic session 2016-2018 in member colleges. Subjects and Question Papers for this Entrance Test along with timing and number of questions shall be as under
|Paper I: Physical and Biological Sciences (2.5 hours)|
|It will consist of two Sections as under|
|Section – A||Section – B|
|Physical Science||Biological Science|
|Physics||50 Questions||Zoology||50 Questions|
|Chemistry||50 Questions||Botany||50 Questions|
|Total||100 Questions||Total||100 Questions|
|Paper II: General English (Qualifying Paper) (30 minutes)|
|General English||50 Questions|
General instructions for UPCMET 2016 exam
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall during the gap between Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I will be of 200 marks and Paper-II will be of 50 marks. But combined maximum marks for merit in UPCMETwould be 200 i.e. Total marks of Paper-I. Paper-II will be of qualifying nature.
- Minimum cut-off pass percentage of marks in Paper-I shall be 50% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC) and 50% in Paper-II (40% for SC/ST/OBC) to be secured in this test. In general, merit shall be determined on the basis of marks secured in Paper-I only.
- There will be negative marks of 1/4 for each wrong answer.
- More than one answer marked in OMR answer sheet will also be considered as wrong answer.
- Only Black Ball Point Pen shall be used for answering on OMR answer sheet as perdirection given in the OMR Sheet.
UPCMET 2016 Syllabus
UPCMET 2016 Counselling
There will be counselling on the basis of merit of those candidates who have secured the minimum cut-off percentage as notified in the information bulletin. The detailed procedure will be published in Newspapers and also at Association’s Website at www.upumcwa.org.
Reservation shall be applicable as notified by the Govt. and enforced at the time of Counselling. For this purpose OBC Caste Category shall be determined on the basis of list published by UP Govt.
UPCMET 2016 List of Colleges and Intake
UP unaided medical colleges that will take admission in MBBS courses on the basis of UPCMET 2016 are indicated here. Also the number of seats available is shown.
List of Member-Colleges with Address & Intake
For More Information refer to the Information HERE
If you have any doubts or queries regarding UPCMET 2016, please ask in comments below.