About UPCPMT 2016 – Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test, UPCPMT 2016, is the medical entrance exam for admission to 2,000+ seats. Last year UPCPMT was conducted by Deen Dayal Gorakhpur University (DDGU), the year before that King George Medical University (KGMU) was the organizing body. The year before that, Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur held the exam for MBBS, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS courses.
Get here complete details of UPCPMT 2016 (also called UP CPMT 2016) such as dates, eligibility, exam pattern, application form, admit card, answer key, result.
Exam conducting body will publish the official notification of UPCPMT 2016. Usually, the initial announcement notifying date of the exam is done in the month of March.
Class 12th students who aspire to study medicine and allied courses in Uttar Pradesh are looking for information on the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test (UPCPMT) 2016. For such students, information based on last year’s exam and information brochure has been compiled here for reference purpose only. You can get an idea of how the exam is conducted, application form submission, downloading admit card, result declaration and so on.
Official details of UPCPMT 2016 have not yet been announced. Information given on this page including UPCPMT 2016 eligibility, application form, admit card, exam pattern, result, are as per last year’s information brochure and is only for reference. As soon as the information brochure is released, data will be updated on this page.
UPCPMT 2016 Important Dates
The organizing University publishes important dates for the UPCPMT medical entrance exam. Candidates should mark these dates in their calendar so that they do not miss the last date to apply for UPCPMT 2016, download the UPCPMT 2016 admit card on scheduled dates, know the date of UPCPMT 2016 exam, date of declaration of result of UPCPMT 2016, and counselling schedule.
As of now, expected dates based on last year’s schedule is given here.
|Availability of UPCPMT application form||March 2016, second week|
|Last date to apply for the exam||April 2016, third week|
|Download UPCPMT 2016 admit card||May 2016, first week|
|Date of exam||May 2016, last week|
|UPCPMT result 2016 announcement||June 2016, second week|
UPCPMT Quick Links
Key details of UPCPMT 2016
Courses for which admission will be on the basis of UPCPMT 2016:
Exam pattern of UPCPMT 2016
The UPCPMT question paper is so designed to test a candidate’s aptitude for medical and related fields. The question paper of UPCPMT shall contain questions on Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, and Physics. The pattern, division of questions, and marking scheme of the Combined Pre Medical Test (UP) is important for preparation. The following pattern of examination is expected based on previous years medical entrance exam question paper.
|Subject||Number of questions|
- Time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Each question carries +1 mark for correct answers.
- Syllabus of the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test will be of 10+2 UP board level.
- All the questions are of objective type.
- There is no negative marking in UPCPMT 2016. If there are any changes to this exam pattern or marking scheme, relevant announcement will be made in the UPCPMT 2016 information brochure which is expected to be available in March 2016.
UPCPMT Eligibility – Domicile, Age limit, Educational qualification
Eligibility criteria of UPCPMT remains more or less same as past year’s. Going by that, the general conditions that must be fulfilled by candidate in order to be eligible for the medical entrance exam are highlighted here.
Domicile – Candidate must be a domicile of the state (Uttar Pradesh).
- If you have studied high school and intermediate both from UP, then you are not required to provide separate certificate for domicile.
- If you have studied either high school or intermediate, only one, from UP then you will have to get the samanya nivas praman patra from concerned authorities.
- If you have studied neither high school nor intermediate, any one, from UP then you will have to get the mool praman patra from concerned authorities.
Age limit – Candidate should be born on or after 31 Dec 1999.
Educational qualification – As this is a medical entrance exam, candidate should have completed requisite studies in order to pursue a career in medical programmes. For this, educational qualification is specified for UPCPMT 2016. The detailed information must be read in the information brochure (as soon as it is available). One of the key points is that candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English.
Seats available for admission through UPCPMT 2016
Whereas the number of seats being offered through UPCPMT 2016 will be announced after declaration of results, a tentative seat matrix based on last year’s counselling details are given below.
|College offering MBBS||Seats|
|King George Medical College, Lucknow||210|
|GSVM Medical College, Kanpur||159|
|SN Medical College, Agra||124|
|MLN Medical College, Allahabad||124|
|LLRM Medical College, Meerut||124|
|MLB Medical College, Jhansi||82|
|UP Grameen Ayurvigyan Evam Anusandhan Sansthan, Saifai, Itawa||127|
|Rajkiya Alopathic Medical College, Ambedkar Nagar||85|
|Rajkiya Medical College, Kannauj||85|
|Rajkiya Medical College, Jalaun||85|
|Rajkiya Medical College, Azamgarh||85|
Other colleges and courses
UPCPMT 2016 Application Form – How to apply, important dates
The process of applying for the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test has evolved over the years. From offline form filling, the exam moved to an online form last year. It is expected that this year also a similar process will be followed for the application form of UPCPMT 2016.
- Before applying for UPCPMT 2016, please read the eligibility conditions carefully. Only after ensuring that you are eligible for programme of choice must you fill the application form.
- Determine mode of fee payment. If you are planning to use credit card / debit card / net banking, keep relevant login credentials ready.
- To avoid errors in the UPCPMT application form 2016, refer your certificates and documents while filling in the form. For example spelling of name, date of birth as given in your class 10 marksheet should be entered.
- Before submitting the UPCPMT 2016 application form check that all the details entered in it are correct and verifiable.
- Submit your application form of UPCPMT 2016 before the last date. Avoid last minute rush and complete the process well in time.
Last year the application fee was as follows:
- Rs 1400 for Unreserved category candidates,
- Rs 700 for SC / ST candidates.
The application form of UPCPMT 2016 was released online at www.upcpmt2015.co.in last year. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions for appearing in the exam must fill in the Combined Pre Medical Test (UP) application form in the prescribed format, within the mentioned dates.
- Like last year, the application process of UPCPMT 2016 is expected to be online.
- Candidate must fill in correct and verifiable data in the application form of UPCPMT 2016 to avoid confusion and errors and / or dismissal of candidature at later stages.
- It is important to note that the filled in form must be submitted within the stipulated dates. Late forms are not accepted by the exam conducting authority.
UPCPMT 2016 Admit Card – How to download admit card / hall ticket?
As mentioned above, the exam processes have mostly moved online. Making the process of obtaining admit card of UPCPMT 2016 easier, it is anticipated that the hall tickets will be released online only this year, like last year. The UPCPMT admit card 2016 is expected to be issued around two weeks before the exam. The login credentials generated during submission of form is to be used to download the hall ticket.
- Important details of the exam such as center assigned, venue address, date and time of exam will be printed in the admit card of UPCPMT 2016.
- Candidates must obtain the UPCPMT 2016 admit card and carry it to the examination hall. Those who do not have the hall ticket will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Instructions printed in the UPCPMT admit card 2016 shall be relevant for the examination. Read all details carefully and follow them.
The candidates who would have filled in the application form of UPCPMT 2016 within the given dates, shall be issued admit cards for the exam. Combined Pre Medical Test (UP) 2016 admit card, or the UPCPMT 2016 hall ticket, must be carried by each candidate on the day of exam.
- Candidates can download the admit card of CPMT 2016.
- The admit cards will be released online in the official website of CPMT. Candidates could download and print the UPCPMT admit card.
- To download the admit card, candidate must know the username and password to log in to the official website.
UPCPMT Result 2016 – Merit list of UPCPMT
Admission in medical programmes offered by the colleges and universities shall be on the basis of UPCPMT 2016 Result and Merit List. The answer sheets of each candidate is evaluated against the final solution key of the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test.
- Marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology are added up to determine merit list of UPCPMT 2016.
- Like last year it is expected that result of UPCPMT 2016 will be published by the exam conducting body, online at the official website.
- In the previous year, candidates were given an opportunity to check their OMR answer sheets against the solution key on declaration of UPCPMT results.
UPCPMT is the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test. DDU Gorakhpur University conducted the UPCPMT last year for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, and BUMS courses. More than 2000 seats in all were offered by the participating medical, dental, and health science colleges in UP through the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test. The syllabus of this exam is based on the Intermediate curriculum of the Uttar Pradesh Board. Candidates who seek admission in the colleges through this exam can get here complete details of UPCPMT such as application form, admit card, results, exam pattern, and eligibility.
Date of UPCMT 2016 medical entrance exam will be announced soon.
UPCPMT, also known as the Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical test is a state level medical entrance exam. Important dates for the exam are given below.
Candidates may please note that insofar detailed notification, information brochure have been published. Information about UPCPMT eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, results, admit cards, are given here as per the information brochure. The details given below are as per for reference purpose, so that candidates can get an idea of the exam. The details shall be also checked from the official brochure.
Syllabus – UPCPMT 2016 exam shall have questions from the subject of botany, chemistry, physics, and zoology. There will be a single question paper in the UP Combined Pre Medical Test. Last year, each subject had 50 questions each of 1 mark. The maximum marks that could be obtained in the exam was 200. The duration of exam was 3 hours. The syllabus for each subject shall be based upon the syllabus of intermediate.
- Click here for the UPCPMT syllabus for Botany,
- Click here for the UPCPMT syllabus for Chemistry,
- Click here for the UPCPMT syllabus for Physics,
- Click here for the UPCPMT syllabus for Zoology.
The result of UPCPMT 2016 will be announced a few weeks after the conduct of exam. Candidates will be able to check their results online at the official website as per schedule.
- The merit list of UPCPMT 2016 is on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam, in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
- Counselling and admission in participating colleges will be merit-preference based. As per merit obtained in the Combined Pre Medical Test (UP), and preference of colleges entered by the candidate, seat allotment will be done.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding UPCPMT 2016, please ask in comments below.