VBCAT 2014 Entrance Examination
For the academic session 2014-2015, Visva-Bharati will conduct an All-India Admission Test for the following Under-graduate courses based on +2 standard syllabus:
- B.A. (Honours) (Code: BA) in 10 subjects of Bhasha-Bhavana (Institute of Languages, Literature & Culture) (Bhavana Code: 01)
- 6 subjects of Vidya-Bhavana (Institute of Humanities & Social Sciences) (Bhavana Code: 02);
- B.Sc. (Honours) (Code: BSC) in 7 subjects of Siksha-Bhavana (Institute of Science) (Bhavana Code: 03);
- B.Sc. (Ag.) (Honours) (Code: BSG) of Palli Siksha-Bhavana (Institute of Agriculture) (Bhavana Code: 07);
- B. S. W. (Honours) (Code: BSW) in Palli-Samgathana Vibhaga (Institute of Rural Reconstruction) (Bhavana Code: 06).
Guidelines for VBCAT 2014 applicants
- Students must apply through ONLINE only.
- Candidates willing to apply for more than one group (maximum 3 groups/papers) of courses/streams for Admission to BA (Honours), B.Sc (Honours), B.Sc (Ag) Honours and BSW (Honours) courses have to apply separately.
- Admit cards to be generated at the University website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in, will show the test centres.
- Applicants will have to report at least one and a half hours before the commencement of admission tests.
VBCAT 2014 Quick Links
|Availability of forms||05.04.2014 to 29.04.2014|
|Last date of submission of forms||29.04.2014|
|Date of VBCAT 2014||18.05.2014|
|Examination Centres of VBCAT-2014||Agartala, Allahabad, Baharampur (WB), Bhubaneswar, Burdwan, Durgapur, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Malda, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Santiniketan, Siliguri, Suri and Visakhapatnam|
|Venue for admission to UG/PG Courses through Departmental Entrance Test||Santiniketan and Sriniketan only.|
VBCAT 2014 Exam Details
For the academic session 2014-2015, Visva-Bharati will conduct an all-India Admission Test for the following courses:
|Paper code – 01 for BA-I||Bengali and Sanskrit|
|Paper code – 02 for BA-II||Hindi, Odia and Santali|
|Paper code – 03 for BA-III||English and European Studies|
|Paper code – 04 for BA-IV||Chinese, Japanese, Tibetan and Persian|
|Paper code – 05 for BA-V||Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology, Comparative Religion, History and Philosophy|
|Paper code – 06 for BA-VI||Economics, Geography, Social Work and BA in Mathematics|
|Paper code – 07 for BSG-I||Agriculture|
|Paper code – 08 for BSC-I||Botany and Zoology|
|Paper code – 09 for BSC-II||Chemistry and Physics|
|Paper code – 10 for BSC-III||Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics|
The Admission Tests for all courses other than mentioned in Item 1 will be conducted in Santiniketan and Sriniketan by the respective department, the details of which will be available from the Adhyaksha of the Bhavana/Vibhaga (Institute) concerned or from the University website.
VBCAT 2014 COURSES OFFERED
About the seats
- At least 50% seats in each subject in Undergraduate courses shall be filled up through admission test; however, all seats in B.Sc. (Honours) course in Computer Science and Agriculture shall be filled up through admission test.
- At least 6 seats in each subject in case of Postgraduate course shall be filled up through admission tests. However, all seats in Postgraduate course in Environmental Science and M.Sc.(Ag.) courses in Agriculture shall be filled up through admission test.
- 15% of intake capacity at the University level will be made available for international students/foreign students which will be calculated as supernumerary seats. 5% of seats out of the 15% supernumerary seats for admission of foreign students shall be earmarked for children of Indian workers in the Gulf and South East Asia. As per Govt of India rules, wards of Kashmiri Migrants will be admitted subject to fulfilment of departmental criteria.
- Topper of each Board/ Council is eligible to be admitted directly without any entrance examination. Such candidates must apply through ONLINE and subsequently must submit supporting documents to Chairman, VBCAT.
Salient points regarding preparation of Merit list for VBCAT-2014.
- The total marks for VBCAT is 100. Distribution of marks will be as follows:
- 20% marks of the marks secured in the last public examination [to be calculated by taking best of five subject marks (taking at least one language subject and three core subjects)] to be taken into account for this purpose.
- 30 marks for Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) common for all groups and duration will be 30 minutes.
- 50 marks for short answer type questions on group. The duration of examination for each group will be one hour.
- The qualifying marks for admission shall be 30 out of 100 for general candidates and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates. There shall be no qualifying marks in case of SC/ST candidates.
Candidates appearing at VBCAT for admission to undergraduate courses of the University should submit their marks (obtained in the last public examination) to Visva-Bharati by online by midnight of 8th June, 2014.
- Santiniketan Campus: Santiniketan, Birbhum, West Bengal, India, Pin – 731235
- Sriniketan Campus: Sriniketan, Birbhum, West Bengal, India, Pin – 731236
Telephone (EPABX): + 91 3463 262751-756 (Extn. 309) +91 3463 261531
Fax: +91 3463 261156
Email: [email protected]
Office of the Deputy Registrar (Academic & Research):
Telephone (EPABX): + 91 3463 262751-756 (Extn. 483 / 304), +91 3463 261853
Email: [email protected]
Admission Coordination Cell:
Telephone (EPABX): + 91 3463 262751-756 (Extn. 440/472), +91 3463 261 309 / 202 523
Email: [email protected]
University website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in