Vidyasagar University B.Ed. Admission 2014
Candidates (both Fresher & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree and/or in Master’s degree, for SC/ST/PH Category 45% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree and/or in Master’s degree in Arts/Science/Commerce having two subjects each at the degree level of the available method subjects (Bengali, English, History, Sanskrit, Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Life Science, Physical Science, Work Education, Education) taught in the colleges are eligible.
Fresher Candidates be within 38 years of age as on 30.06.2014 and Deputed teachers from W.B. Govt./Govt.- aided institution having at least one year teaching experience as on 30.06.2014.
Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PH Candidates as per Govt. rules. 5% seats of the fresher candidates will be filled up from Other University. Candidates bearing Pass/Gen Roll No. or holding certificate in Pass/Gen Course be considered as Pass/Gen Category.
Selection of the Students will be made through counselling by central selection committee for B.Ed. Admission on & from 14.05.13 to 30.05.13 (with enrolment charge of Rs. 3000/-). Candidates pursuing any other Course of Studies/Job/Full-time Research Work will not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously. For all other details and regular updates please visit http://bed.vidyasagar.ac.in.
Special care should be taken by the candidates while providing information to this section. They should clearly understand what is a mark obtained and full marks. In case of Vocational Candidates (who are considered as pass graduates) all the examinations Part-I, II & III should be considered and marks obtained & total marks should be rightly calculated. In the % of marks column the exact % of marks obtained by him/her should be written (rounding off upto 2 decimal place will be allowed).Consult the rules mentioned for calculating Academic Grade marks (upto 2 decimal place). Candidates having honours in (UG) degree level, will be awarded grade only for Hon’s marks. He/she will be consider as Honours-PG category in that case. Similarly if a candidate has M.A. & M.Sc. in two different subjects then the qualification acquired later will be considered for determining his category & grade calculation. In all the cases each and every candidate should submit the attested Xerox copies of their marksheets (Both sides) of all the examinations passed.
For Deputed Candidates in Pass scale having Hons. Degree and/or PG degree should fill rows corresponding to Pass graduate(Hons& Pass subject marks total) and Hon’s graduate (only Hons mark) both and also the row for PG (if he/she has PG degree). The Academic grade will be calculated as per scale. However for eligibility % of marks, Pass, Hons. and PG % will be checked. The teachers in Hons or PG Scale will not fill the row corresponding to Pass graduate.
Calculation of Academic Grade Marks [both Deputed & Fresher)
The Academic grade marks (Deputed / Fresher) will be calculated as per following rule.
- 10% of the percentage of aggregate marks obtained in M.P. or Equivalent Examinations.
- 10% of the percentage of aggregate marks obtained in H.S. or Equivalent Examinations [In H.S. (New) with Grading system The marks obtained in best of five subjects including compulsory subjects and excluding Environmental Studies will be considered.]
- 15% of the percentage of aggregate marks obtained in Degree Pass Examinations [FOR PASS CATEGORY]
- 20% of the percentage of aggregate marks obtained in Degree Honours Examinations (in such cases the marks of pass examinations will not be considered.) [FOR HONS AND/OR PG CATEGORY]
- 20% of the percentage of aggregate marks obtained in Post Graduate Examinations.
Reservation of Seats: Out of total seats in the fresher category, 95% are meant for the students of the Vidyasagar University and 5% for the students other than Vidyasagar University. Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PH candidates as per Govt. Rules. For PH minimum disability up to 40% will be considered.
Stream-Wise Allocation of Seats:
For Fresher: Stream-wise Allocation of seats for fresher will be as follows: Arts-50%, Science- 40%, Commerce-10%. In each stream 10% seats will be reserved for Pass Graduates and rest 90% for Honours Graduate & Postgraduate.
For Deputed: In each Govt. aided colleges (100 seats) 50 seats are allotted for Deputed & 50 seats for Fresher. Stream- wise Allocation of seats for Deputed will be as follows: Arts and Commerce subject Teacher-60%, Science Subject Teacher- 40%.
Seat Distribution Chart as per above rules/ reservation, available for Counseling will be displayed along with the merit list.
The following testimonials duly attested by a Gazetted Officer should accompany the Application from (without anyone of these testimonials the Application From is liable to be CANCELLED):
- Attested copy of Admit Card / Certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination for Evidence of Age.
- Attested copy (both sides) of mark sheets of Madhyamik , Higher Secondary, Graduation (Part-I, Part-II,& Part-III), Postgraduate Examination.
- Attested copy of Vidyasagar University Registration Certificate. (Both Side) if the candidate apply as VU applicants.
Documents to be submitted by Candidates in SC/ST/PH Reserved Category: The Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH Category must submit their caste/disability certificates from theappropriate authority.
Additional Documents to be submitted by Deputed (Teacher) Candidates only:
- Copy of Approval letter of D.I. of Schools, Govt. of W.B.
- Copy of MC Resolution approving deputation.
For Fresher Candidates in PURE PASS Category: PASS Certificate / Diploma from University if the applicant is not a Clear Pure Pass candidate’s i.e. candidate not bearing a Pass Roll No. in his/ her graduation mark sheet. Please tick mark the boxes in the application from regarding the documents submitted.
- Deputed candidate will be selected on the basis of total length of approved Service (Teaching experience) in Secondary School from the entry to the service as on 30.06.2013. The minimum length of Service is 1 year.
- If the length of service is same for more than one candidate, then academic grade marks will be checked for preparing their merit position. Academic grade marks will be calculated as per the scale of pay of applicant.
- Eligibility % of marks will be cheeked based on academic qualification.
The Selection of fresher candidate will be based on the total academic grade marks calculated as per their academic performance mentioned earlier.