WBJEE JELET-2015, the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for the academic year 2015-16. The Joint Entrance Examination for JELET 2015 is organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JELET 2015 application form, admit card, results.
WBJEE JELET 2015
JELET 2015 – The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) 2015 (JELET 2015) will be held on 21st June, 2015. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2015 examination must fill the online application form released at www.wbresults.co.in / www.wbjeeb.in. Fee for JELET entrance exam is Rs 506.
WBJEE JELET Counselling 2015
Counselling for Lateral Entry to Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy Colleges for the session 2015-16 through JELET examination will be conducted from 17/08/2015. Detailed counseling schedule and other relevant information will be published soon. (Notified As on 02/08/2015)
WBJEE JELET Result 2015
Result of JELET 2015 has been announced on 14th July 2015 for the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for the academic year 2015-16. Candidates can check their result from the official link which is given below.
Get WBJEE Result 2015 here – Check JELET Result by entering D.o.b and Roll Number issued by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
WBJEE JELET Notification
JELET Notification (April 29, 2015)
Due to requests and appeals received from the aspirants of JELET 2015 and in consideration of the fact that Polytechnic and B.Sc. examinations in the State of West Bengal will continue upto the 1st week of June 2015, the JELET 2015 has been rescheduled to 21.06.2015 in order to ensure better participation. It has also been decided that the online application process will commence from 14.05.2015 till 29.05.2015 and the fee payment option will remain open upto 30.05.2015.
Important dates of WBJEE JELET 2015 are as follows.
|Availability of Application Form and information brochure||May 14, 2015|
|Last date to apply online||May 29, 2015|
|Issue of Admit Card||June 11, 2015|
|WBJEE JELETS 2015 will be held on||June 21, 2015|
|WBJEEB JELETS 2015 Result||June, 2015|
JELET Notification (April 17, 2015)
WBJEEB JELETS 2015 Application Form – Application form of JELETS 2015 is available. Last Date to fill Online Application form Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility.
WBJEE JELETS 2015 Admit Card – Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available to download from 22th June 2015 till the day of exam. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
JELETS 2015 Examination Pattern
All questions will be of Multiple Choice (MCQ) Objective type (four options including single correct answer). Candidate will be required to answer 100 (hundred) questions, each carrying 1 (one) mark. For each incorrect response (answer) 1/4 mark will be deducted. All questions will have to be answered on specially designed machine gradable OMR answer sheets. Answers are to be marked using Black/ Blue Ball Pen. There will be one common question paper for all branches of Engineering/ Technology and separate question papers for (i) Pharmacy branch (ii) Degree in Science (B.Sc) candidates. Overwriting on the OMR Sheet or more than one answers for a question will lead to cancellation of the particular answer of the question.
WBJEE JELETS Result 2015 – Result of JELETS-2015 is likely to be declared by the last week of June, 2015. The total number of candidates to be merit listed will be decided by appropriate authority.
Rules for scrutiny/review of Answer Sheet: The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post publication, scrutiny and/or review arid hence will not entertain any such application after the examination.
Result: Result of JELET-2015 is likely to be declared by the 1st week of July, 2015. The Board will publish the merit list(s) at its website, viz. www.wbjeeb.in. The total number of candidates to be merit listed will be decided by appropriate authority. The Board neither publishes nor communicates result to any individual applicant.
The result may be viewed on Website : www.wbjeeb.in. Compliance with requirements for making application for the Joint Entrance Examination does not make a candidate eligible for admission to any University / Institution. For admission to Government institutes the candidates must have to fulfill the domicile requirements as indicated in “Information Brochure”.
Merit listed candidates will be allowed to download their Rank Cards from www.wbjeeb.in.
WBJEE JELET 2015 Other Important Information
- For all branches of Engg./ Technology : One common question paper for all candidates comprising of the following subjects for Engineering & Technology :
- Engineering Mathematics (20 marks)
- Electrical Technology (15 marks)
- Computer Applications (20 marks)
- Environmental Engineering (15 marks)
- Engineering Mechanics (15 marks) / Basic Engineering (for Printing) (15 marks) Soil & Water Engg. (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- Strength of Materials (15 marks)/ Printers’ Materials Science. (for Printing) (15 marks) Farm Machinery and Power (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- Food process and post Harvest Engg. (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- For B.Sc. : A separate question paper on Mathematics will be set based on B.Sc. Mathematics pass course syllabus of The Calcutta University.
- For Pharmacy course : A separate question paper will be set from the diploma level syllabus on Pharmacy prescribed by The Pharmacy Council of India.
The Applicant (both male and female) must be a citizen of India.
For Engineering & Technology:
- Diploma holders have to pass Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and B.Sc. Degree holders have to pass B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and pass XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall have to clear the subjects of Engineering. Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after offering the supernumerary seats in this category to the students belonging to the Diploma Stream. Diploma holders and B.Sc. Degree holders having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Students who have passed Diploma course in Pharmacy from an AIGTE approved Institution, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Degree Course in Pharmacy.
- Students who have completed Diploma course in Pharmacy having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall be eligible for admission to the 1st year Pharmacy Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Candidates who have passed the pre-final semesters/part and due to appear in the final semester (6th) / part examination 2015 of the Diploma Courses in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy or due to appear in (the final examination of Degree in Science (B.Sc.) will also be allowed to appear in the JELET-2015 examination. Diploma and B.Sc. Degree holder as mentioned in para no. 2 & 3, have to qualify the Joint Entrance Lateral Entry (JELET-2015) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to become eligible for admission under Lateral Entry Scheme.
- The Lateral entry Scheme may be available for all the existing degree level Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State under the purview of the Higher Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal. For Jadavpur University the same will be decided by the concerned University.
- Diploma in Fashion Technology Course of Govt. Polytechnic Institutions, Tripura will also be relevant for admission to Degree level Apparel Production & Management Course and Textile Technology Course in Govt. College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampore and Berhampore under Lateral Entry Scheme in relaxation of the domicile criteria as applicable only for admission to Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges.
- All relevant norms and guidelines of D. G. Shipping are to be adhered to for admission to Marine Engineering Degree Course.
- Diploma holder teachers in Govt. Polytechnic Colleges, West Bengal are to be admitted in the academic session 2015-15 under Lateral Entry Scheme in vacant seats of Degree Level Engg. & Technology Colleges including Private Self-financing Colleges provided they qualify in JELET 2015.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD candidates shall be made as per State Govt. norms for all the Govt. Engg. & Technology Colleges as well as for Self-financing Engineering & Technology Colleges who have received some grants from the Government.
- It is to be noted that Lateral entry scheme will be applicable for all the disciplines except Architecture as per the provisions laid down by the Council of Architecture.
- For admission to Govt. Engineering / Technology Colleges candidates must have been residing in the State of West Bengal for a minimum period of 10 (ten) years uninterruptedly as on 31.12.2013 or their parents must be permanent resident of West Bengal having their permanent home address in the State of West Bengal. However, candidates of states other than West Bengal may be considered for admission to non-Govt. Engineering / Technology Colleges/Institutions.
- Residential (Domicile) Certificate in this regard shall have to be produced during counselling in the proforma given in “Proforma for Residential (Domicile) Certificate” posted at www.wbjeeb.in from any of the competent Authorities as mentioned below. No separate supporting documents or residential certificate in any other form will be accepted.
- For candidates seeking admission to Govt. Colleges, submission of Residential Certificate in prescribed format from competent authority is mandatory.
Age Limit: There is no age restriction for diploma holders of Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy. For B.Sc. candidates. Upper age limit is 27 years as on 31.12.2015.
For Diploma holders in Engineering / Technology: The questions will be set based on the prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education on the following six subjects
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Technology
- Computer Applications
- Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics / Basic Engineering (for Printing )
- Strength of Materials / Printers’ Materials Science (for printing)
The detailed syllabus of the above mentioned six subjects have been annexed in the Information Brochure. (Click Here)
For B.Sc. candidates: A separate question paper on Mathematics will be set, based on B.Sc Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy : A separate question paper will be set based on the Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Diploma holders and B. Sc, Degree holders shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses up to a maximum of 20% sanctioned intake which will be over and above to the approved intake as supernumerary seats.
- The students who have completed Diploma course in Pharmacy shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Pharmacy Degree Courses up to a maximum of 20% sanctioned intake which will be over and above the approved intake as supernumerary seats. B.Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in B. Pharm. course.