WBJEE JELET 2017, the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses (3rd semester) of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for the academic year 2017-18. The Joint Entrance Examination for JELET 2017 is organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JELET 2017 application form, admit card, results.
WBJEE JELET 2017 Application Form is available now. Apply Online HERE
WBJEE JELET 2017
JELET 2017 – The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) 2017 (JELET 2017) will be in the month of June 2017. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2017 examination must fill the online application form released at www.wbresults.co.in / www.wbjeeb.in.
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2017 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||14 Mar 2017|
|Last date for filling up the form||04 Apr 2017|
|Availability of downloadable Admit Card||01 Jun 2017 – Tentative|
|Date of Online examination||11 Jun 2017|
|Date for publication of result||30 Jun 2017 – Tentative|
WBJEEB JELETS 2017 Application Form – Application form of JELET 2017 is available as per schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility.
WBJEE JELETS 2017 Admit Card – Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available to download soon. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
WBJEE JELET 2017 Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for appearing in JELET-2017
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Restriction:
- There is no upper age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy.
- For B. Sc. Candidates, the upper age limit is 27 (twenty seven) years as on 31.12.2017.
- For Diploma holders in marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 (twenty five) years as on 31.12.2017
Eligibility criteria for admission:
Diploma holders seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass Diploma in engineering/ Technology from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- All relevant norms of D. G. Shipping will be applicable for admission into Degree Course in Marine Engineering.
B. Sc. candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass B. Sc. Degree from any University recognised by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) marks.
- Also the candidate must have passed 12th standard school examination with Mathematics as a subject.
- The candidate, if admitted, will have to clear the subjects of Engineering Mechanics and Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing of the 1st year Degree Course in Engineering/Technology along with their second year subjects
- B.Sc. candidates will be considered for admission only if vacancies remain even after filling the seats with available Diploma holder candidates.
- B. Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
Both Diploma holder and B. Sc. Candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course: Both such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Diploma holders in Pharmacy seeking admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Pharmacy from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Special criteria for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry: B. Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry. The Diploma holder candidates also must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination before their Diploma Course.
Criteria to be treated as domicile of West Bengal and applicable proforma of certificate
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either,
- Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2016. OR
- Whose parent(s) is/are permanent resident(s) of West Bengal having permanent address within the State of West Bengal.
Proforma ‘a1’ and ‘b’ are to be certified by government officials as detailed below and proforma ‘a2’ is to be certified by the Head of the Institution, wherefrom the candidate passed or appeared 10+2 level examination.
In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal/ of the concerned University prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such reservations is available only to candidates domiciled in west bengal.
As the reservation for PwD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counselling authority before counseling
WBJEE JELET 2017 Exam Pattern
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2017 (JELET-2017) will be held on 11 Jun 2017 (Sunday) at 11:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m..
The paper will contain fifty (100) MCQ ( Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 1 mark, full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test is 2 hours. The questions will be in English language only.
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero mark.
For Diploma holders in engineering & Technology:
- Engineering Mathematics,
- Electrical Technology,
- Computer Application,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Engineering Mechanics,
- Strength of Materials,
- Basic Printing Engineering,
- Printers’ Materials Science,
- Soil & Water,
- Farm Machinery and Power,
- Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering
For B.Sc. candidates:
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy:
Prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.
For more details of WBJEE JELET 2017 – Download Information Brochure.