WBJEE JELET 2016, the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses (3rd semester) of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for the academic year 2016-17. The Joint Entrance Examination for JELET 2016 is organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JELET 2016 application form, admit card, results.
Latest – Admit Card of WBJEE JELET 2016 is now available to download. Check the link below.
WBJEE JELET 2016
JELET 2016 – The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) 2016 (JELET 2016) will be held in the month of July 2016. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2016 examination must fill the online application form released at www.wbresults.co.in / www.wbjeeb.in.
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2016 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||05 May 2016|
|Last date for filling up the form||16 June 2016|
|Availability of downloadable Admit Card||14 July 2016|
|Date of Online examination||27 July 2016|
|Tentative date for publication of result||27 July 2016|
WBJEEB JELETS 2016 Application Form – Application form of JELETS 2016 is available as per schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility.
WBJEE JELETS 2016 Admit Card – Admit Card for each eligible applicant is available to download. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
WBJEE JELET Result 2016 – Result of JELET 2016 will be announced as per schedule for the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for this session.
WBJEE JELET 2016 Eligibility
The Applicant (both male and female) must be a citizen of India.
For Engineering & Technology:
- Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and pass XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- Provided that in case of students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall have to clear the subjects of Engineering. Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering programme along with the second year subjects.
- Provided further that the students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma Stream.
- Provided further that students, who have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology from an AICTE approved institution or B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC shall also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned in 1, 2, 3 and 4 point above.
Passed Diploma course in Pharmacy from an AICTE approved Institution, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Degree Course in Pharmacy.
Students who have completed Diploma course in Pharmacy having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall be eligible for admission to the 1st year Pharmacy Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
Candidates who have passed the Prefinal semesters/part and due to appear in the final semester (6th) / part examination 2016 of the Diploma Courses in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy or due to appear in the final examination of Degree in Science (B.Sc.) will also be allowed to appear in the JELET-2016 examination.
- Diploma and B.Sc. Degree holder as mentioned above will have to qualify the Joint Entrance Lateral Entry (JELET-2016) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to become eligible for admission under Lateral Entry Scheme.
- The Lateral entry Scheme may be available for all the existing degree level Engg. & Technology Colleges of the State under the purview of the Higher Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal. For Jadavpur University the same will be decided by the concerned University.
- Diploma holders in Fashion Technology Course under Govt. Polytechnic Institutions from Tripura are eligible for admission to Degree level Apparel Production & Management Course and Textile Technology Course in Govt. College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampore and Berhampore under Lateral Entry Scheme with relaxation of domicile criteria.
- All relevant norms and guidelines of D. G. Shipping are to be adhered to for admission to Marine Engg. Degree Course.
- Diploma holder teachers in Govt. Polytechnic Institutions, West Bengal are to be admitted in the academic session 2016 under Lateral Entry Scheme in vacant seats of Degree Level Engg. & Technology Colleges including Private Self-financing Colleges provided they qualify in JELET 2016.
- B.Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in B. Pharm. course
For admission to Govt. Engineering / Technology/ Pharmacy Colleges, candidates must have fulfilled domicile criteria.
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either,
- Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 (ten) years as on 31.12.2015. OR
- Whose parent(s) is/are permanent resident(s) of West Bengal having permanent address within the State of West Bengal.
However, candidates of states other than West Bengal may be considered for admission to nonGovt. Engineering / Technology Colleges/Institutions.
In case of a) above, the certificate is to be obtained in pro forma A-I or pro forma B. In case of b) above, the certificate is to be obtained in pro forma A-II. Pro forma A-I and A-II are to be certified by government officials as detailed below and pro forma B is to be certified by the head of the institution wherefrom the candidate passes or appeared 10+2 level examination.
Age Limit : There is no age restriction for diploma holders of Engineering/Technology/ Pharmacy. For B.Sc. candidates, upper age limit is 27 years as on 31.12.2016.
WBJEE JELET 2016 Exam Pattern
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2016 (JELET-2016) will be held on 24th July, 2016.
The said examination will be of two-hour duration.
All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type (four options including single correct answer). Candidate will be required to answer 100 (hundred) questions, each carrying 1 (one) mark. For each incorrect response (answer) 1/4 mark will be deducted. All questions will have to be answered on specially designed machine gradable OMR answer sheets. Answers are to be marked using Black/ Blue Ball Pen.
There will be one common question paper for all branches of Engineering/ Technology and separate question papers for (i) Pharmacy branch (ii) Degree in Science (B.Sc) candidates.
The questions will be in English language only.
Overwriting on the OMR Sheet or more than one answers for a question will lead to cancellation of the particular answer of the question.
For Diploma holders in Engineering / Technology : The questions will be set based on the prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education on the following six subjects
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Technology
- Computer Applications
- Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics / Basic Engineering (for Printing) / Soil & Water Engg.(for Agricultural Engg. Only).
- Strength of Materials / Printers’ Materials Science (for printing) / Farm Machinery and Power ; Food processing and post Harvest Engg. (for Agriccultural Engg.)
The detailed syllabus of the above mentioned six subjects have been annexed in the Information Brochure attached below.
For B.Sc. candidates : A separate question paper on Mathematics will be set, based on B.Sc Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy : A separate question paper will be set based on the Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.
It is to be noted that Lateral entry Scheme will be applicable for all the disciplines except Architecture as per the provisions laid down by the Council of Architecture.
For more detail of WBJEE JELET 2016 – Download Information Brochure.