WBJEE JELET 2016, the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses (3rd semester) of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for the academic year 2016-17. The Joint Entrance Examination for JELET 2016 is organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JELET 2016 application form, admit card, results.
WBJEE JELET 2016
JELET 2016 – The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) 2016 (JELET 2016) will be held in the month of July 2016. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2016 examination must fill the online application form released at www.wbresults.co.in / www.wbjeeb.in.
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2016 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||05 May 2016|
|Last date for filling up the form||16 Jun 2016|
|Date of Online examination||24 Jul 2016|
|Tentative date for publication of result||27 Jul 2016|
WBJEEB JELETS 2016 Application Form – Application form of JELETS 2016 will be available as per schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility.
WBJEE JELETS 2016 Admit Card – Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available to download before the examination till the day of exam. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
WBJEE JELET Result 2016 – Result of JELET 2016 will be announced as per schedule for the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year courses of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for this session.
Insofar only schedule dates has been announced. Details given on this page as per last year’s exam brochure and is only for reference. Information has been provided so that candidates who have started looking for WBJEE JELET Admission 2016 can get an idea of how the exam is held. As soon as WBJEE JELET Admission 2016 information brochure is released, details will be updated here.
WBJEE JELET 2016 Other Important Information
Last year information is given below.
- For all branches of Engg./ Technology : One common question paper for all candidates comprising of the following subjects for Engineering & Technology :
- Engineering Mathematics (20 marks)
- Electrical Technology (15 marks)
- Computer Applications (20 marks)
- Environmental Engineering (15 marks)
- Engineering Mechanics (15 marks) / Basic Engineering (for Printing) (15 marks) Soil & Water Engg. (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- Strength of Materials (15 marks)/ Printers’ Materials Science. (for Printing) (15 marks) Farm Machinery and Power (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- Food process and post Harvest Engg. (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- For B.Sc. : A separate question paper on Mathematics was set based on B.Sc. Mathematics pass course syllabus of The Calcutta University.
- For Pharmacy course : A separate question paper was set from the diploma level syllabus on Pharmacy prescribed by The Pharmacy Council of India.
Last year eligibility criteria is given below.
The Applicant (both male and female) must be a citizen of India.
For Engineering & Technology:
- Diploma holders have to pass Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and B.Sc. Degree holders have to pass B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and pass XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall have to clear the subjects of Engineering. Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after offering the supernumerary seats in this category to the students belonging to the Diploma Stream. Diploma holders and B.Sc. Degree holders having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Students who have passed Diploma course in Pharmacy from an AIGTE approved Institution, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Degree Course in Pharmacy.
- Students who have completed Diploma course in Pharmacy having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall be eligible for admission to the 1st year Pharmacy Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Candidates who have passed the pre-final semesters/part and due to appear in the final semester (6th) / part examination for this year of the Diploma Courses in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy or due to appear in (the final examination of Degree in Science (B.Sc.) will also be allowed to appear in the JELET examination. Diploma and B.Sc. Degree holder as mentioned in para no. 2 & 3, have to qualify the Joint Entrance Lateral Entry (JELET) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to become eligible for admission under Lateral Entry Scheme.
- The Lateral entry Scheme may be available for all the existing degree level Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State under the purview of the Higher Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal. For Jadavpur University the same will be decided by the concerned University.
- Diploma in Fashion Technology Course of Govt. Polytechnic Institutions, Tripura will also be relevant for admission to Degree level Apparel Production & Management Course and Textile Technology Course in Govt. College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampore and Berhampore under Lateral Entry Scheme in relaxation of the domicile criteria as applicable only for admission to Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges.
- All relevant norms and guidelines of D. G. Shipping are to be adhered to for admission to Marine Engineering Degree Course.
- Diploma holder teachers in Govt. Polytechnic Colleges, West Bengal are to be admitted in this academic session under Lateral Entry Scheme in vacant seats of Degree Level Engg. & Technology Colleges including Private Self-financing Colleges provided they qualify in JELET.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD candidates shall be made as per State Govt. norms for all the Govt. Engg. & Technology Colleges as well as for Self-financing Engineering & Technology Colleges who have received some grants from the Government.
- It is to be noted that Lateral entry scheme will be applicable for all the disciplines except Architecture as per the provisions laid down by the Council of Architecture.
- For admission to Govt. Engineering / Technology Colleges candidates must have been residing in the State of West Bengal for a minimum period of 10 (ten) years uninterruptedly as on 31.12.2013 or their parents must be permanent resident of West Bengal having their permanent home address in the State of West Bengal. However, candidates of states other than West Bengal may be considered for admission to non-Govt. Engineering / Technology Colleges/Institutions.
- Residential (Domicile) Certificate in this regard shall have to be produced during counselling in the proforma given in “Proforma for Residential (Domicile) Certificate” posted at www.wbjeeb.in from any of the competent Authorities as mentioned below. No separate supporting documents or residential certificate in any other form will be accepted.
- For candidates seeking admission to Govt. Colleges, submission of Residential Certificate in prescribed format from competent authority is mandatory.
Age Limit: There is no age restriction for diploma holders of Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy. For B.Sc. candidates. Upper age limit is 27 years as on 31 December for every examination year.