WBJEE JELET 2014
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry 2014.
JELET-2014, the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four year degree level Engg/Tech/Pharmacy/Architecture courses in Universities, Government Engineering Colleges and Private self-financed Colleges in West Bengal for the academic session 20014-2015 will be held on Sunday, July 20, 2014.
JELET 2014 is conducted for admission of diploma holders in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy and B.Sc. To the 2nd year (3rd semester level) of 4-year undergraduate degree courses in Engineering/Technology And Pharmacy in West Bengal.
Admission through Lateral Entry to the 2nd year (3rd semester level) of the undergraduate degree courses (except in Architecture) offered by Government/Private Engineering / Technology and Pharmacy Colleges/Universities of the State of West Bengal during the Academic Session 2014-15 is open to candidates who have either passed diploma course in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy from any AICTE recognised Polytechnic / Institute with at least overall 50% marks (45% for reserved category) or have passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject and Degree in Science (B.Sc.) from U.G.C. approved Universities with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category).
The aforesaid candidates will be eligible for admission to degree courses based on the merit position in the JELET-2014 conducted by the “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” to be held on Sunday, the 20.07.2014.
For admission to Government Institutes the candidates must have to fulfill the domicile requirements as indicated in “Information Brochure.”
However, admission to Universities shall be governed by the concerned University rules and regulations. The candidates who have passed the previous semesters / part and due to appear in the final semester (6th) / part examination – 2014 of the Diploma course in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy from any AICTE recognised Polytechnic / Institute or due to appear in the final examination of Degree in Science (B.Sc.) from any U.G.C. recognised Institutions / University of the Country in 2013 are also eligible for appearing in the JELET-2014.
Centres of examination will be selected based on the number of candidates from that area in West Bengal and Tripura.
WBJEE JELET 2014 Quick Links
WBJEE JELET 2014 Other Important Information
- For all branches of Engg./ Technology : One common question paper for all candidates comprising of the following subjects for Engineering & Technology :
- Engineering Mathematics (20 marks)
- Electrical Technology (15 marks)
- Computer Applications (20 marks)
- Environmental Engineering (15 marks)
- Engineering Mechanics (15 marks) / Basic Engineering (for Printing) (15 marks) Soil & Water Engg. (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- Strength of Materials (15 marks)/ Printers’ Materials Science. (for Printing) (15 marks) Farm Machinery and Power (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- Food process and post Harvest Engg. (for Agricultural Engg. only) (10 marks)
- For B.Sc. : A separate question paper on Mathematics will be set based on B.Sc. Mathematics pass course syllabus of The Calcutta University.
- For Pharmacy course : A separate question paper will be set from the diploma level syllabus on Pharmacy prescribed by The Pharmacy Council of India.
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2014 (JELET-2014) will be held on 20th July 2014. The said examination will be of two-hour duration. All questions will be of Multiple Choice (MCQ) Objective type (four options including single correct answer). Candidate will be required to answer 100 (hundred) questions, each carrying 1 (one) mark. For each incorrect response (answer) 1/3 mark will be deducted. All questions will have to be answered on specially designed machine gradable OMR answer sheets. Answers are to be marked using Black/ Blue Ball Pen. There will be one common question paper for all branches of Engineering/ Technology and separate question papers for (i) Pharmacy branch (ii) Degree in Science (B.Sc) candidates. Overwriting on the OMR Sheet or bubbling more than one answer for a question will lead to cancellation of the particular answer of the question.
The Applicant (both male and female) must be a citizen of India.
For Engineering & Technology:
- Diploma holders have to pass Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and B.Sc. Degree holders have to pass B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and pass XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall have to clear the subjects of Engineering. Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after offering the supernumerary seats in this category to the students belonging to the Diploma Stream. Diploma holders and B.Sc. Degree holders having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Students who have passed Diploma course in Pharmacy from an AIGTE approved Institution, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Degree Course in Pharmacy.
- Students who have completed Diploma course in Pharmacy having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall be eligible for admission to the 1st year Pharmacy Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
- Candidates who have passed the pre-final semesters/part and due to appear in the final semester (6th) / part examination 2014 of the Diploma Courses in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy or due to appear in (the final examination of Degree in Science (B.Sc.) will also be allowed to appear in the JELET-2014 examination. Diploma and B.Sc. Degree holder as mentioned in para no. 2 & 3, have to qualify the Joint Entrance Lateral Entry (JELET-2014) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to become eligible for admission under Lateral Entry Scheme.
- The Lateral entry Scheme may be available for all the existing degree level Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State under the purview of the Higher Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal. For Jadavpur University the same will be decided by the concerned University.
- Diploma in Fashion Technology Course of Govt. Polytechnic Institutions, Tripura will also be relevant for admission to Degree level Apparel Production & Management Course and Textile Technology Course in Govt. College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampore and Berhampore under Lateral Entry Scheme in relaxation of the domicile criteria as applicable only for admission to Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges.
- All relevant norms and guidelines of D. G. Shipping are to be adhered to for admission to Marine Engineering Degree Course.
- Diploma holder teachers in Govt. Polytechnic Colleges, West Bengal are to be admitted in the academic session 2014-15 under Lateral Entry Scheme in vacant seats of Degree Level Engg. & Technology Colleges including Private Self-financing Colleges provided they qualify in JELET 2014.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD candidates shall be made as per State Govt. norms for all the Govt. Engg. & Technology Colleges as well as for Self-financing Engineering & Technology Colleges who have received some grants from the Government.
- It is to be noted that Lateral entry scheme will be applicable for all the disciplines except Architecture as per the provisions laid down by the Council of Architecture.
- For admission to Govt. Engineering / Technology Colleges candidates must have been residing in the State of West Bengal for a minimum period of 10 (ten) years uninterruptedly as on 31.12.2013 or their parents must be permanent resident of West Bengal having their permanent home address in the State of West Bengal. However, candidates of states other than West Bengal may be considered for admission to non-Govt. Engineering / Technology Colleges/Institutions.
- Residential (Domicile) Certificate in this regard shall have to be produced during counselling in the proforma given in “Proforma for Residential (Domicile) Certificate” posted at www.wbjeeb.in from any of the competent Authorities as mentioned below. No separate supporting documents or residential certificate in any other form will be accepted.
- For candidates seeking admission to Govt. Colleges, submission of Residential Certificate in prescribed format from competent authority is mandatory.
Age Limit: There is no age restriction for diploma holders of Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy. For B.Sc. candidates. Upper age limit is 27 years as on 31.12.2014.
For Diploma holders in Engineering / Technology: The questions will be set based on the prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education on the following six subjects
- (1) Engineering Mathematics
- (2) Electrical Technology
- (3) Computer Applications
- (4) Environmental Engineering
- (5) Engineering Mechanics / Basic Engineering (for Printing)/Soil and water Engineering ( for Agricultural Engineering)
- (6) Strength of Materials / Printers’ Materials Science (for printing)/ Farm machinery and power (for Agricultural Engineering)
- (7) Food Process and Post- harvest Engineering (for Agricultural Engineering)
The detailed syllabus of the above mentioned six subjects have been annexed in the Information Brochure. (Click Here)
For B.Sc. candidates: A separate question paper on Mathematics will be set, based on B.Sc Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy : A separate question paper will be set based on the Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Diploma holders and B. Sc, Degree holders shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses up to a maximum of 20% sanctioned intake which will be over and above to the approved intake as supernumerary seats.
- The students who have completed Diploma course in Pharmacy shall be eligible for admission to 2nd year Pharmacy Degree Courses up to a maximum of 20% sanctioned intake which will be over and above the approved intake as supernumerary seats. B.Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in B. Pharm. course.