XISS Admissions 2016 – Xavier Institute of Social Service – XISS invites the application for the admission for the two years full time post-graduate diploma programmes approved by AICTE, New Delhi for the academic year 2016 – 2017. Details of XISS Admissions 2016 application form, eligibility criteria, seats and selection process are given on this page to make it convenient for candidates who are interested in XISS Admissions 2016.
Course and Seats Details
Two years Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management approved by AICTE, New Delhi with specialization in –
- Human Resource Management : 75 Seats
- Rural Management : 75 Seats
- Information Technology : 60 Seats
- Finance : 60 Seats
- Marketing : 60 Seats
Note : Out of the above fifty per cent seats are reserved for SC/ST and Christian candidates.
Schedule for XISS Admissions 2016 – Xavier Institute of Social Service is given below.
|Online registrations Open from||22th Sep 2015|
|Last date||1st Feb 2016|
The candidates will have to apply separately at XISS, Ranchi. The institute will accept only online registrations. The registrations will remain open from 22th September 2015 to 1st Feb 2016. For online registrations, the Registration Fee can be paid through online transactions using Credit / Debit / ATM cards / Online Banking. The fee can also be paid by Bank Draft drawn in favour of ‘Xavier Institute of Social Service’, payable at Ranchi.
The registration fee various according to number of specializations applied for –
|One specialization||Rs. 1500 (Rupees One thousand Five hundred only)|
|Two specializations||Rs. 2000 (Rupees Two thousand only)|
Service Charges and Taxes extra as applicable on making online payments / demand draft.
- Minimum qualification for admission to the PGDM program at the Institute is three / four years bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST) in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities. However preference will be given to Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Management and Computer Science graduates and candidates with relevant work experience.
- Candidates appearing for final year or final semester of their graduate degree examination in academic year 2015-16 are also eligible to appear for the admission process. Such candidates, if called for interview, should submit the copy of admit card or a letter from the principal of the college where they are studying to that effect. Such candidates if finally selected at XISS, Ranchi must clear their graduation examination with 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST) by August 2016.
Admission and Selection Criteria
Admission process is followed by the Institute as per the guidelines of AICTE. These stages are –
- All India Management Admission Test
- Group Discussion
- Assessment of Writing Skills
- Personal Interview
A candidate desirous of seeking admission in the Institute will have to appear in an all India level management admission test. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2016) conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur (exam date: 3rd January 2016), Common Admission Test CAT 2015 conducted by IIM Ahmedabad, (exam date: 29th November 2015) and CMAT (January 2016) conducted by AICTE, New Delhi are the only approved examinations through which a candidate can apply to XISS Ranchi. Aspiring candidates will have to apply online for appearing in one or more exams by visiting www.xatonline.net.in, www.iimcat.ac.in, or http://aicte-cmat.in.
GD PI Call
Based on above all India entrance test scores, candidates who have applied for admission to the institute will be shortlisted and will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview to be held at *Bangalore, *Kolkata, *Mumbai, *New Delhi and *Ranchi in the month of February / March 2016. (Exact dates would be announced later)
Weightage for Admission
|Entrance Test Score||50%|
|Past Academic Record||10%|
The Institute uses CAT / XAT / CMAT Score for short-listing/selecting the candidates for our Post-graduate Programme(s) in Management. IIMs / XLIRI / AICTE have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
XISS Contact Details
Admission Coordinator, Xavier Institute of Social Service, Dr. Camil Bulcke Path (Purulia Road), Ranchi – 834001, Jharkhand