The Council of Architecture has introduced 3 major changes in the national level architecture entrance exam. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2020 has already gone through major changes in exam pattern this year. However, further necessary changes have been made due to widespread of corona virus. The 3 new changes in NATA 2020 are as follows:
Change 1: NATA 2020 Exam Dates Changed
NATA is held twice a year. After revising the initial dates, the first test of NATA 2020 was scheduled to be held on August 01 and the second test on August 29, 2020. However, with the current situation across the nation, the scheduled exam dates have been postponed.
Now CoA will hold NATA 2020 first test on August 29, 2020 and the second test has been deferred until further notice.
Change 2: NATA 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of NATA for the part A of the exam, which is the drawing part, has been revised. The new syllabus has been notified with the exam date change notice and the same is given below:
Change 3: Change in Exam Mode for NATA 2020
As per the initially decided pattern of NATA 2020, part A of the exam that is the drawing section was to be held in offline mode. The aspirants had to attempt the drawing question in the sheets given to them at the exam center.
However, to limit physical contact among the students and the authorities at the center and later on, NATA has taken the drawing section online. This part will not be a paper-based drawing test but as a preferential choice type test which is to be answered on a computer / laptop.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NATA 2020 is thus as follows:
- Total duration: NATA is to be held for a total duration of 3 hours 15 mins
- Language of the Question paper: The questions are displayed in English language only.
- Sections: The question paper is divided into parts, Part A and Part B.
- Type of Questions: There are 2 types of questions asked in the exam:
- Drawing questions in Part A
- MCQs in part B
- Maximum Marks: The total marks in the exam is 200
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1.5 marks in Part B and in Part A there are both 2 marks and 1 marks questions.
- Mode of the exam: NATA 202 is an online exam
Exam pattern of Part A – Drawing:
- Total questions: 3
- Total marks in the section: 125
- Number of 35 marks question: 2
- Number of 55 marks questions: 1
Exam pattern of Part B – PCM and General Aptitude:
- Total questions: 50
- Total marks in this section: 75
- Number of question in PCM carrying 1.5 marks each: 15
- Number of questions in General Aptitude and Logical Reasoning carrying 1.5 marks each: 35
There is no negative marking in the exam!
The tabular representation of the exam pattern is given below:
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), is conducted by the Council of Architecture since the year 2006. It is a National Level Entrance Exam conducted at various test centres all over India. The exam is mandatory for all the eligible candidates who want to get admission into B.Arch programme at all recognized Institutions of India. Council of Architecture has been conducting National Aptitude Test in Architecture since 2006.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.