CBSE will conduct JEE Main 2017 in the month of April 2017; a notification to this effect was published on the website and in newspapers. An important point mentioned in the JEE Main 2017 notification was that this time applicant is required to have Aadhar number. At the time of registering for JEE Main 2017 candidate has to enter Aadhar Number. Details entered in JEE Main 2017 Application Form will be tallied against the Aadhar Card details at UIDAI. This has caused some confusion among students. In this article we will point by point answer all doubts.
What is Aadhar Card?
Aadhar Card is a document that serves as a proof of identity and address in India. A resident of India can enroll for Aadhaar Card if they satisfy verification process by UIDAI.
Significance of Aadhar Card for JEE Main 2017
- It has been notified by CBSE that candidate must have Aadhar Card.
- Purpose of using Aadhar card in registration for JEE Main 2017 is to get accurate details of applicant and eliminate the need for multiple documents.
- Candidate has to enter Aadhar number, name, date of birth, gender in online application form of JEE Main 2017 for identity authentication.
I already have a Aadhar Card
Then that is great! Just check that your data of name, date of birth, gender and other information in the Aadhar Card are correct. If not, please contact concerned authorities at once.
I do not have a Aadhar Card
Do not worry. CBSE has issued a separate notification outlining what one needs to do in case they do not have an Aadhar Card.
- Click here for notification about clarification on requirement of Aadhar Card
JEE Main Application Form 2017
Application form of JEE Main 2017 has been released by CBSE. All candidates who are eligible and interested in appearing for Joint Entrance Examination can fill the online application form and submit with fees.
How to get Aadhar Card
- Make application for Aadhaar enrolment. To do that, visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in).
- There you will have to give relevant details and proof against them. Then the Aadhar Card will be processed.
- Facilitation Centres have been set up by the Central Board of Secondary Education in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhar Enrolment. Know the list of facilitation centers and visit nearest one.
- No amount (fee) will be charged by facilitation centers to process Aadhar Enrolment.
- Visit jeemain.nic.in for more information on list of facilitation centre.
Aadhar Card Enrolment Process
- Visit enrolment centre
- Fill enrolment form
- Get demographic and biometric data captured
- Submit identity proof and address proof documents
- Get acknowledgment slip containing Enrolment ID
Documents required to get Aadhar Card issued include Proof of identity and Proof of address.
- POI and POA which are most commonly accepted are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – Landline telephone bills for the last three months.
Note that there is no fee required for Aadhar Card enrolment.
Applicant can submit request for Aadhar Enrolment if Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at facilitation centres.
Registration number will be issued by the facilitation centre. At the time of registering for JEE Main 2017 candidates can use this registration number.
I have enrolled for Aadhar but have not yet received the Aadhar Card
These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2017.
FAQs regarding Online application format / Correction in application form / Aadhar clarification is given below for your convenience.
If you have any confusion regarding how to get Aadhar Card, or about requirement of Aadhar Card for JEE Main 2017, comment below.