Army College of Dental Science admits students in ACDS BDS course in the academic year 2020-21. Interested candidates have to register online at KNRUHS website by paying the registration fee for attending the counselling session. Admission to UG Courses (BDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2020 to be conducted by the National testing Agency (NTA). Candidates can check all details related to ACDS BDS Admission 2020 from this page
ACDS BDS Admission 2020
There were 40 seats for BDS program at ACDS as per last year. Admission to the first year of the B.D.S degree course at the Army College of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad for 34 seats were UG NEET merit basis. Remaining 06 seats were filled by Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal (Telangana).
The admission to ACDS is for the dependent children of eligible serving Army Personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to ACDS along with the Application form:
- The applicants must fall into one of the following categories
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded and granted disability pension.
- Children of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
- Adopted/ Step Children and children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
- Children are not dependent if they attain the following:
- Sons – Attaining 25 years of age as on December 31 on the year of admission or employment whichever is earlier.
- Daughters – On marriage or employment whichever is earlier.
Note: The management reserves the right to include any other eligibility criteria from time to time in addition to the above.
Unrecognized certificates as per Govt of India rules are not valid. The Pre-University certificate issued by Janardhan Rai Nagar, Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed) University, Rajasthan state is not valid.
The candidate should be certified by MH/Authorized Medical Attendant to be in a state of good physical and mental health to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect as per the enclosed form is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission.
No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the Dental Curriculum of first Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Course until:
- He/she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the
year of admission to the BDS course.
- He/She has qualified in NEET(UG) 2020.
- He/she has passed qualifying examination as under:-
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology(Botony, Zoology)/Bio Technology and other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the NCERT after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education. orNote: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre- professional training before admission to ACDS.
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio technology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- The pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio technology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio Technology and also English as a compulsory subject. or
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio Technology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a University Examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course. or
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/ Bio Technoogy and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Bio Technology and English. or
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio Technology including practical test in each of these subjects and English. or
- Must have passed in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio Technology & English individually and must have obtained minimum 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio Technology at the qualifying examination and must have passing marks in English.
- Furthermore, study of Biology/ Bio Technology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be eligible for admission. Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open schools or as a private candidate are also not eligible.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
Eligibility Criteria is previous year based and for reference purpose….
ACDS BDS Application Form 2020 will be available for admission to BDS course in Army College of Dental Science. Admission to UG Courses (BDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2020 to be conducted by the National testing Agency (NTA).
Candidates will be required to submit the ACDS application Form along with the copy of UG NEET Application form. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria and all other details carefully. Link to fill the application form will be provided below as soon as it is released by the officials.
Web Based Counseling
KNR University of Health Sciences is going to conduct web based counseling for admission into BDS course for the academic year 2020-21 under Competent Authority Quota into Medical and Dental Colleges. In order to take part in the first phase of counseling candidate will be required to register themselves via official website. Along with filling the registration form the candidate must also pay the counseling fee which will be notified in the notice. Links pertaining to Web Based Counseling will be provided below for the ease of the candidate.
- The admission will be strictly on UG NEET merit ranking, based on marks obtained
in UG NEET -2020.
- University will release two separate notification, first notification will be regarding Competent Authority quota and second notification will be about admission into BDS Course (Management Quota).
- Candidates have to register online in the Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences website (www.knruhs.in) by paying the required amount to register for attending the counselling session for admission to ACDS for 34 seats under Category B Management seats.
- After successful Registration, the candidate will be issued online Acknowledgement
Form with Registration Number.
- All candidates who receive Registration Number from KNR UHS should forward the
following scanned copy of following documents online to ACDS :
- Registration Acknowledgment Sheet
- NEET UG 2020 Rank Card
- Certificate 1 to 3 & 5 to 8 as applicable only (as in Prospectus)
- Alternate E mail id and two Contact Mobile numbers with names(preferably one
of the Candidate and second of one parent)
- This information will assist ACDS in reminding the candidates about the dates of
counselling issued by KNR UHS. However, it is the responsibility of candidates to
continuously check KNR UHS website for counselling dates.
- KNR UHS prepares a University merit list as per NEET rank for those who have successfully registered online in KNRUHS website. Dates for counselling and certificate verification is announced by KNR UHS in their website generally by end Jun/ early July.
- Candidates who attend counselling for ACDS seats under Army Quota, will be referred by the KNR UHS Counselling Team to the ACDS Help Desk located in the Counselling Centre for verification of documents for eligibility under Army Quota. Once cleared by the AQCDS Help Desk for eligibility, they will attend counselling by KNR UHS Selection Board. Once cleared for admission, they will be issued Provisional Admission Order and directed toreport to ACDS within two days for admission.
Provisionally selected candidates are required to submit the following in original and 08
sets of photocopies at the time of joining the college.
- Provisional allotment letter issued by KNR UHS.
- Hall ticket and Rank/Merit card of UG NEET -2020.
- Proof of age as it appears in the mark sheet of SSC/Class 10/equivalent examination.
- Certificate of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent qualifying examination.
- Mark sheet of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent qualifying examination.
- School/Institute leaving certificate (after qualifying in 10+2 equivalent examination).
- Character and Conduct certificate.
- Proof of eligible category.
- PPO In original (for verification only).
- Migration Certificate.
- Photograph – Stamp Size – 08, Passport Size – 08.
- Medical Certificate in prescribed format at the time of counseling.
- Willingness certificate
- Gap affidavit
- Certificate 7 Undertaking by parent and student.
- Dependency certificate
- Undertaking by parent and student for BDS coure.
- 3 Lakh Bond as per KNR University Prospectus.
Provisional Admission: All admissions made by ACDS are provisional. An admission will be considered final only when the eligibility criteria are met and the admission of the candidate to the course is confirmed by the University. The rules and regulations of Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal (Telangana) shall apply to all admission procedures.
Official Website: www.acds.co.in.
For more details of ACDS BDS Admission 2020 through NEET – Candidate can Download previous year Information Brochure.
Insofar, Official details for ACDS BDS Admission 2020 through NEET has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as ACDS will release the information it will be updated here.