Army College of Dental Science admits students in ACDS BDS course in the academic year 2018-19. Admission to UG Courses (BDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2018 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. Candidates can check all details related to ACDS BDS Admission 2018 from this page
ACDS BDS Admission 2018
The candidates who will qualify for NEET(UG) exam 2018 conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) can apply for admission to UG Courses (BDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS).
There are 40 seats for BDS program at ACDS. Admission to the first year of the B.D.S degree course at the Army College of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad for 34 seats will be on UG NEET merit basis. Remaining 06 seats will be filled by Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal (Telangana).
The admission to ACDS is for the dependent children of eligible serving Army Personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to ACDS along with the Application form:
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded and granted disability pension (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission. (Submit Certificate No .2).
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. (Submit Certificate No.2)
- Children are not dependent if they attain the following:
- Sons – Attaining 25 years of age as on Dec 31, 2018 or employment whichever is earlier.
- Daughters – On marriage or employment whichever is earlier.
Note: The management reserves the right to include any other eligibility criteria from time to time in addition to the above.
Unrecognized certificates as per Govt of India rules are not valid. The Pre-University certificate issued by Janardhan Rai Nagar, Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed) University, Rajasthan state is not valid.
The candidate should be certified by MH/Authorized Medical Attendant to be in a state of good physical and mental health to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect as per the enclosed form (Certificate No 4) is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission.
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination. The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/premedical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of st admission or will complete this age on 31 December of the year of admission.
- Candidate should have passed the two years Intermediate or equivalent course thereof, with science subjects Viz; Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) securing a minimum of 50% from a recognized Indian Intermediate Board or University. Candidate possessing the qualification of a university/Intermediate Board outside the State should produce the certificate of equivalence from the Registrar, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada (A.P).
- BSc (Part I) Examination of an Indian University as laid down by the University Grants Commission. A student who has passed BSc. Examination with one or more of the subjects mentioned in (a) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology would be admitted to the dental course if he/she has passed the remaining subjects in the Intermediate Examination.
- Should have secured not less than 50% of marks on the aggregate of the above subjects in the qualifying examination and competitive exam.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
ACDS BDS Application Form 2018 will be available for admission to BDS course in Army College of Dental Science. Admission to UG Courses (BDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2018 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi.
Candidates will be required to submit the ACDS application Form along with the copy of UG NEET Application form and NEET Result card on the declaration of results without Fail. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria and all other details carefully.
- The admission will be strictly on UG NEET merit ranking, based on marks obtained
in UG NEET -2018.
- Candidates have to register online in the Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences website (www.knruhs.in) by paying the required amount to register for attending the counselling under category B Management seats.
- After applying online, the merit list will be prepared by Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal for those who applied online through KNRUHS website.
- Dates for counselling and certificate verification will be announced by KNRUHS in their website.
- Selection of candidates will be through counselling conducted by KNRUHS. The time and place will be intimated on the KNRUHS website only.
Provisionally selected candidates are required to submit the following in original and 08
sets of photocopies at the time of joining the college.
- Provisional allotment letter issued by KNR UHS.
- Hall ticket and Rank/Merit card of UG NEET -2018.
- Proof of age as it appears in the mark sheet of SSC/Class 10/equivalent examination.
- Certificate of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent qualifying examination.
- Mark sheet of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent qualifying examination.
- School/Institute leaving certificate (after qualifying in 10+2 equivalent examination).
- Character and Conduct certificate.
- Proof of eligible category as per para 10.
- PPO In original (for verification only).
- Migration Certificate.
- Photograph – Stamp Size – 08, Passport Size – 08.
- Medical Certificate in prescribed format at the time of counseling.
- Willingness certificate
- Gap affidavit
- Certificate 5 & 7 & Undertaking by parent and student.
- Dependency certificate
If the candidates do not produce above-mentioned documents at the time of counseling their candidature will be cancelled and no representation in this respect will be entertained. No candidate will be admitted provisionally/awaiting the result of the qualifying examination. If at any point of time in the process of examination, selection or studies, the documents of the candidate are found to be false/not authentic or any other discrepancy is observed, the candidature/selection/admission of the candidate will be cancelled forthwith. The presence of the candidate is mandatory at the time of Counseling.
Provisional Admission: All admissions made by ACDS are provisional. An admission will be considered final only when the eligibility criteria are met and the admission of the candidate to the course is confirmed by the University. The rules and regulations of Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal (Telangana) shall apply to all admission procedures.
Official Website: www.acds.co.in.
For more details of ACDS BDS Admission 2018 through NEET – Download Information Brochure.