Army College of Dental Science will admit students in ACDS MDS course in the academic year 2018-19. Admission to PG Courses (MDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2018 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. Candidates can check all details related to ACDS MDS Admission 2018 from this page.
ACDS MDS Admission 2018
ACDS MDS admission will be done on the basis of NEET MDS 2018. The College offers courses leading to award the degree of ‘Master of Dental Surgery’ in Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Periodontics, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada. The duration of the course is three years of active study. Interested Candidates can check all the details of ACDS MDS Admission 2018 like Eligibility Criteria, selection procedure from this page given below.
Expected schedule for ACDS MDS Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last date of Receipt of application forms by the College||2nd week of Feb 2018|
|Last Date of receipt of application form with late fees of Rs. 300/-||3rd week of Feb 2018|
|Publishing of list of candidates qualified to attend counseling in ACDS Website||1st week of Mar 2018|
|Counseling of eligible candidates at ACDS, Secunderabad|
|First Counseling (24 Merit candidates)||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Second Counseling (If vacancy exists after first counseling)||4th week of Apr 2018|
|Physical Joining of selected candidates ACDS Secunderabad||4th week of Apr 2018|
|Commencement of MDS Course at ACDS Secunderabad||1st week of May 2018|
The College offers the course leading to award of degree of ‘Master of Dental Surgery’ in
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Duration of Course: Three years of active study.
Educational Qualifications: No candidate shall be allowed to be admitted to the Dental Curriculum of Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course until he/she has passed qualifying examination as under:-
- The applicant for admission to the Post Graduate Degree in Dental Surgery must have a B.D.S. degree (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) of a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India and must have permanent registration with any State Dental Council. The period of one-year experience/ internship shall be calculated as on March 31, 2017.
- The candidate shall produce a certificate of Internship from the date of registration with any State Dental Council, either from an Institution or from a Registered Dental Practitioner.
- The college from where the candidate has passed BDS must be a college recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- The students who are already admitted and studying MDS course are not eligible to appear for MDS Entrance test until they complete the course or discontinue the course by remitting the bond amount and stipend taken up to the date before submitting the application and such candidates shall enclose the discontinuance certificate issued by the Principal to that effect along with the application form
Physical Fitness: The candidate should be certified by MH/Authorized Medical Attendant to be in a state of good physical and mental health to pursue the course. Certificate to this effect on the enclosed form (Certificate No 4) is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of counseling.
Ensuring Eligibility: Ensuring that a candidate fulfills all conditions/qualifications for eligibility in the MDS Course is the responsibility of the candidate. The eligibility of the candidate will be verified by the ACDS at the time of admission and also later during the scrutiny of documents by the concerned University. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any stage during the entire process, the College reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature.
ACDS MDS Application Form 2018
ACDS BDS Application Form 2018 will be available for admission to MDS course in Army College of Dental Science. Admission to PG Courses (MDS) in Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) will be done on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2018 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi.
Candidates are required to fill the application form very carefully. If the candidate knowingly furnishes false information, admission will be cancelled at any stage and fees paid will not be refunded. College is not responsible to seek clarifications on wrongly filled applications/documents found missing. Application without photograph will not be entertained.
Note: If there is any change in address after filling the Application Form, It is the responsibility of both parents and students to inform ACDS through post/ email and to check with ACDS time to time regarding updates for counseling. ACDS is not responsible for the miscommunication due to the change in address of the candidate.
Mode of selection for admission
- The admission will be strictly on PG NEET merit ranking, based on marks obtained in NEET PG-2018.
- The candidate has to register online in Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences website (www.knruhs.in) by paying required amount for attending the counselling under category B Management seats.
- After applying online, the merit list will be prepared by Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal for those who applied online through KNRUHS website.
- Dates for counselling and certificate verification will be announced by KNRUHS in their website.
- Selection of candidates through counselling be conducted by KNRUHS. The time and place will be intimated on the KNRUHS website.
Important Note: In order to assist ACDS to keep a record/track of all candidates of Serving/retired Army Personnel who are applying for a seat in ACDS for MDS course through KNRUHS (www.knruhs.in), the candidate after registration with KNRUHS, will forward a scanned copy of the application printout along with their dependent certificate (duly signed from respective unit/Sainik Welfare Office) by email to ACDS ([email protected]) and through Speed post.
Provisionally selected candidates are required to submit the following in original and 08 sets of photocopies at the time of joining the college.
- Provisional allotment letter issued by KNR UHS.
- NEET PG-2018 hall ticket, and merit card.
- All memorandum of marks from First BDS to Final BDS.
- Registration Certificate from the respective State Dental Council.
- Internship certificate/Experience certificate.
- Original and provisional BDS certificate.
- Conduct and character certificate of the college from which the student has graduated.
- Study certificate of BDS course.
- Discontinuance certificate issued by the concerned Principal, in case of the candidate already studying MDS course.
- Medical certificate.
- Address for Correspondence.
- Original Pension Payment order (To be produced at the time of counseling for security only).
- Parents and students should submit an undertaking that the students will not indulge in ragging.
- Male candidates are required to submit an undertaking certificate that he is not employed in any Institution/ Organization and is a wholly dependent ward of serving/ retired Army personnel.
- Female candidates are required to submit an undertaking certificate that she is unmarried and is a dependent ward of serving/retired army personnel.
- Dependency Certificate.
- Migration Certificate and Transfer Certificate.
- Passport Size photograph and stamp size photograph – 08 copies each.
- GAP Affidavit.
- 5 lakhs bond as per KNR University prospectus.
- Rural service undertaking as per KNR UHS Prospectus.
If the candidates do not produce above-mentioned documents at the time of counseling their candidature will be cancelled and no representation in this respect will be entertained. If at any point of time in the process of examination, selection or studies, the documents of the candidate are found to be false/not authentic or any other discrepancy is observed, the candidature/selection/admission of the candidate will be cancelled forthwith. The presence of candidate is mandatory at the time of Counselling.
No seats will be kept vacant for candidates higher in merit in waiting list if they fail to report on the date called for admission counseling. In case of the vacant seat, owing to certain candidates declining to join /not joining on the due date, the vacancy so created will be offered to the candidate next in merit and so on.
ACDS MDS Result 2018
Candidates will check the result of ACDS MDS from the official website. Successful candidates will also be intimated by the post. The college does not take any responsibility for late receipt or non-receipt of the results by post. First 50 candidates are expected to report to college without waiting for call letters for counseling.
The number of seats for the current academic year is fifteen. Distribution of seats is as under:-
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||03|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||03|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||02|
Official Website: www.acds.co.in.
For more details of ACDS MDS Admission through NEET check 2018 – Prospectus.