ACET 2019 – The admit card for ACET September 2019 has been released by Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI). Candidates can download it online at actuariesindia.org. The ACET September 2019 will be held on September 14, 2019 To appear for the ACET 2019 candidates have to undergo a computer-based test. Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) is for candidates who are interested in becoming an Actuary in India. have to appear for ACET 2019. To know more details regarding the ACET 2019 Exam check this page.
Candidates can apply and appear for both the examination. To check the important dates of ACET 2019 which will be held in the month of June and September respectively by referring to the table below.
|ACET 2019||September 2019|
|Availability of Registration form of ACET 2019||16 Jul 2019|
|Last Date of Registration for ACET 2019||16 Aug 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|Examination Date||14 Sep 2019|
|Result Declaration of ACET 2019||21 Sep 2019|
|Student membership admission Last Date||30 Sep 2019|
ACET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for ACET 2019 available for download on the official website, www.actuariesindia.org. The hall ticket of ACET 2019 is available for September exam. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card of ACET 2019 on the day of examination along with a govt. approved photo ID proof. If a candidate forgets to bring the admit card on the exam day then he/she will not be allowed to take the exam under any circumstances. Admit Card will contain important details such as Date and time of examination, Name, and roll no. of the candidate, Photograph, Date of Birth etc.
ACET 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important for the candidates who are willing to appear for the ACET 2019 to know the exam pattern So that candidates will have an idea about the pattern and will be able to prepare accordingly. ACET 2019 will be a Multiple choice Computer-based test.
Duration of Exam: 3 Hour.
Total number of questions: 70
Maximum Marks: By answering all the questions correct candidates can obtain 100 marks.
Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking. For every incorrect answer, half of the weight age of the marks will be deducted. For eg: An incorrect answer of 01 mark question 0.5 will be deducted, for 02 marks and 03 marks question 01, 1.5 will be deducted subsequently.
Distribution of questions:
- 45 questions – 1 mark each
- 20 questions – 2 marks each
- 05 questions – 3 marks each.
Syllabus: ACET 2019 will consist of Two sections .i.e. Section I and Section II.
Section I will comprise of Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation which holds 55% of weightage.
Section II will consist of English and Logical Reasoning which holds 45% of weightage.
ACET 2019 Syllabus
It will be beneficial for the candidates if they will check the syllabus and then start preparing for the ACET 2019 in order to ace the examination. Candidates can check the various topics from which questions will be seen in the examination.
- Mathematics – In this section candidates will be assessed on the topics of quantitative aptitude such as Notation and standard functions, Numerical Methods, Algebra, Differentiation, Integration, Vectors, Matrices.
- Statistics – This section will contain questions from Permutations and combinations, Types of data (Statistical diagrams, bar chart, histogram, dot plot, stem-and-leaf, boxplot), Measures of location (mean, median, mode), Measures of spread (range, interquartile range, standard deviation, variance, Skewness), Probabilities (basic rules of probabilities), Advanced probabilities (tree diagrams, conditional probabilities), Discrete random variables (definitions, probabilities, mean, mode, median, standard deviation, variance, coefficient of skewness), Continuous random variables (definitions, probabilities, mean, mode, median, standard deviation, variance, coefficient of skewness), Discrete distributions (discrete uniform, Bernoulli, binomial, Poisson), Continuous distributions (continuous uniform, exponential, the normal distribution), Correlation (scatter plots, covariance, correlation coefficient), Regression.
- English – This section will test a students’ ability to solve English language questions from topics like Vocabulary (Synonyms Antonyms) English Usage or Grammar (questions-based on spot and correct grammatical errors from high school level grammar topics like preposition, conjunction, subject-verb agreement, articles etc. Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Passage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, Para jumbles, MeaGrammaning-Usage Match, Summary Questions, Verbal Reasoning Facts / Inferences / Judgements, reading passages etc.
Vocabulary: Vocabulary questions test the candidate’s knowledge of the primary meanings of words, secondary shades of meaning, usage, idioms and phrases, antonyms, related words, etc.
Grammar: Grammar-based questions test the candidate’s ability to spot and correct grammatical errors. It should generally tests knowledge of high school level grammar and includes areas like subject-verb agreement, use of modifiers, parellel construction, redundancy, phrasal verbs, use of articles, prepositions, etc.
Verbal Reasoning: Verbal reasoning questions are designed to test the candidate’s ability to identify relationships or patterns within groups of words or sentences.
- Data Interpretation – Candidates will be assessed on interpreting the given data from Tables, Column Graphs, Bar Graphs, Line Charts, Pie Chart, Venn Diagrams, Caselets.
- Logical Reasoning – This section will test the IQ from various topics such as Number and Letter Series, Calendars, Clocks, Cubes, Venn Diagrams, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement, Logical Sequence, Logical Matching, Logical Connectives, Syllogism, Blood Relations.
Books Recommended for the Preparation of ACET 2019
Books recommended for the preparation ACET 2019 is given on the official website Institute of Actuaries of India (AIA). If there will be any changes in the books for ACET 2019 it will be updated here. Candidates can check the list of books mentioned below.
- TOMATO (Test Of Mathematics at Ten plus Two level published by ISI)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Mc Graw Hill
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Editor: Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Editor: Abhijit Guha
- The Pearson and Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT Editor: Nishit K. Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations Editor: R.S. Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition- Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy Editor: Norman Lewis
- Problem Solving Strategies Editor: Arthur Engel
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics by New Age International Publishers
- Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary Solutions Editors: A.M. Yaglom and I.M. Yaglom
- An Excursion in Mathematics Editors: M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya, V. M. Sholapurkar
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad Editors: C R Pranesachar, B J Venkatachala, C S Yogananda
- Trishna’s Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Examinations
- ACTED Study Material – FAC and STATS PACK.
ACET 2019 Test Centres
As per Last year, computer-based entrance test was held in 24 cities. If there will be any changes or updates in the test centers for ACET 2019 then it will be updated here. Candidates can check the test centers listed below.
ACET 2019 Result
ACET 2019 for September session result will be declared on the official website i.e., www.actuariesindia.org. The ACET 2019 result for June exam was declared on July 09, 2019. Candidates will be able to check the scores or marks by entering their required credentials like Registration no. or E-mail ID and password. The result will contain the name of the candidate and total marks secured by them in the examination. ACET 2019 result will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result for taking student membership of IAI. The link for the same will also be provided on the “Result” page in the Quick Links section.
ACET 2019 Registration Form
Registration Form for ACET 2019 for September session is available from July 16, 2019, onwards and application form for June session is over. Candidates should ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. Also, candidates have to fill in their details like name, gender, date of birth, E-mail ID, mobile number, set password etc. Candidates are required to upload the scanned photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) as per the specification.
If a candidate fails to upload as per the prescribed specifications then the registration form will be summarily rejected. After the submission of the ACET 2019 registration form, candidates will get the confirmation call and will also receive a mail on their registered email ID to complete the further registration process.
ACET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to appear for the ACET should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the norms laid by the conducting body. If a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and still fills the registration form then he/she will not be allowed to take the ACET 2019. Candidates willing should have appeared for Higher Secondary (10+2) exam with English as one of the subjects.
Official website of ACET 2019 is www.actuariesindia.org
For more information regarding ACET 2019 September session, download Admission Notice.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.